Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I hope your experiments work o:)

thank you :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    @1MADGIRL try going low carb. It worked for me.

I might just try this is nothing changes in a few weeks :) thank you
  • 1MADGIRL
    I'm reading a lot about progesterone and remember that I read that some of you guys had missed periods. Seems to be worth getting this tested!
  • 1MADGIRL
    edited April 2017
    Wow I'm at a complete standstill. I am 53.3 and have been for many days. No gain, no loss.

I think I need to fast for a bit.... urgh! I'm terrified.

My plan is as follows (I reserve the right to change the plan lol)
    Wednesday - fast food dinner (around 1000 calories)
    Thursday - dinner under 500 calories (anything I want)
    Friday - FAST day
    Saturday - normal OMAD dinner (1000 calories)
    Sunday - FAST day
    Monday - normal OMAD dinner (1000 calories)
    Tuesday - 500 calorie dinner
    Wednesday - normal OMAD dinner (1000 calories)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Gracious, 1MADGIRL, I think the fast will be nice for you. However, your body is probably clinging to the barely there calories you're giving it. I bet if instead of 1000 calories, you worked your way up to 1500-1750 (before exercise log gives you extra), the last bit would fall off quite quickly. Heck, you might do yourself a favor and have a hog wild day, and you'll gain 1-3 pounds for a few days, but you'll shock your body into, "Ahhhhh, plenty of calories here", and that will break your plateau. lol

I know I'm far away from my goal, and I know I've always been fat, but I have read so much about weight loss over the years to know that you can't be afraid to eat a healthy amount of calories.

I'm sorry if I seem preachy, just a bit concerned about you. You're such a sweetheart, feel like I'm talking to one of my kids. lol
  • 1MADGIRL
    Thank you for your support :)

I know you might be right...
    my TDEE for maintenance is 1,472 and I'm terrified of going anywhere near that value. So I was trying to eat 1000 calories a day. Today I won't be exercising and i'll try the "shock" fast food day :)
  • wsandy8512
    ((((1Madgirl)))), you're welcome. I think it's so very important we don't go to the other side of unhealthy eating after weight loss... being afraid to eat what we need. The healthiest of minds recognize balance is key for all aspects of life. Best to you! :-D
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Gracious, 1MADGIRL, I think the fast will be nice for you. However, your body is probably clinging to the barely there calories you're giving it. I bet if instead of 1000 calories, you worked your way up to 1500-1750 (before exercise log gives you extra), the last bit would fall off quite quickly. Heck, you might do yourself a favor and have a hog wild day, and you'll gain 1-3 pounds for a few days, but you'll shock your body into, "Ahhhhh, plenty of calories here", and that will break your plateau. lol

I know I'm far away from my goal, and I know I've always been fat, but I have read so much about weight loss over the years to know that you can't be afraid to eat a healthy amount of calories.

I'm sorry if I seem preachy, just a bit concerned about you. You're such a sweetheart, feel like I'm talking to one of my kids. lol

I agree. Most people who get as aggressive as you've proposed end up not being able to handle it and go on a binge (and some drop out completely). I would go on an eating binge for sure if I tried that. Slow and steady wins the race IMO.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Wow I'm at a complete standstill. I am 53.3 and have been for many days. No gain, no loss.

Friday - FAST day
    Sunday - FAST day
    I agree with others, your calorie totals seem very low. Do you feel full after 1000 calories?

As far as your plan of course do what you fell comfortable with, but I might offer a suggestion.
    If you are going to try a fast I'd put the fasting days back to back to get more bang for the buck, rather than breaking the fast for a day then fasting again.

For example going by calories the days would be;

• NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member

Friday - FAST day
    Sunday - FAST day

@1MADGIRL gal don't do it.. i know that you burn calories like freaky amazingly but you are taking in very low amount of calories.. So consider it before you get to it!!
    Good luck..
  • 1MADGIRL
    haha on popular vote I've decided to not go through with it.

maybe i just need to change my macros :)

thanks for all your advice people!
  • 1MADGIRL
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I agree with others, your calorie totals seem very low. Do you feel full after 1000 calories?

As far as your plan of course do what you fell comfortable with, but I might offer a suggestion.
    If you are going to try a fast I'd put the fasting days back to back to get more bang for the buck, rather than breaking the fast for a day then fasting again.

For example going by calories the days would be;

Thanks for the advice. Usually 1000 is enough for me. I only need 1400 to maintain anyway (I only weigh 117.5 pounds so I don't need a lot to maintain! :) ) so usually im full. I had mcdonalds today and the calories from McD werent as satisfying as my usually protein-full meals (I usually eat around 100g of protein a day compared to the 20g protein found in a McD meal) so I did need to eat over my maintenance value to feel satisfied!

I added in bread, nuts and a mcflurry haha.

Let's see how my weight responds! :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Also, I've noticed I've been eating a lot more carbs and less fat. Maybe these two need a little swap!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Gained half a kilo! (1 pound)
  • wsandy8512

Now maybe you'll break that plateau by this time next week because your body has some fuel to burn. :-)
  • 1MADGIRL
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Now maybe you'll break that plateau by this time next week because your body has some fuel to burn. :-)

THank you! Let's hope haha :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Hi,

I guess I need to admit (to myself mostly) that I haven't been doing so great lately. I'm sure my stress levels are the cause of the plateau and I don't know how to stop it. I've been acting (around others and at home) that I'm fine and over the breakup... but yesterday it was clear that I'm really not.

I broke up with him a few months ago because he was always calling me names (retarded, down syndrome, kicked in the head when I was a baby, thick, manipulative, negative, controlling, a bad person, just to name a few) and comparing me negatively to other girls - and I cannot forgive myself for letting him do that to me. I just keep reading the insults in our chats. Over and over again.

Sorry I know this is not a therapy forum but I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I can control this. I'm even missing periods now...
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    First of all, stop going over those chats. Delete them for forever. You have already moved forward now, but still getting pulled back by your memories. The only person who can help you is you. You are doing so great: you managed to realize your worth, took the courage to take care of yourself by joining this health journey, then why stop and look back? Chin up girl! You have a wonderful life ahead. You're going to look back and smile one day. You deserve much better!
    Now just relax, love yourself, sleep well and eat better. Everything will fall into place :smile:
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    As someone who was both physically and mentally abused in a past marriage, you need to take it one day at a time. I agree to delete those chats, you're torturing yourself.
    As a psychologist, try controlling your thoughts. Start by day dreaming of where you want to be. When negative thoughts enter your head, stop them and say dream. Eventually those day dreams will be what you think about. Believe it or not you have the power to control your mind. Also, it's only been a few months, allow yourself to go through the stages of greiving. Feel your emotions, then overpower them.
    I'm here if you ever need to talk! Feel free to send me a message!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Oh and as a psychologist: for the love of god, do not try to rush through, eliminate or otherwise the things you need to feel. It's part of the healing process