Just curious

Options

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    hmikkola92 wrote: »
    10-20. Try to stay below 15 but I've taken a liking to veggies lately.

Didn't you just go "ew!" :s all over veggies? That's quite a transformation!

PS How are they treating you?
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Lol I don't like broccoli or asparagus etc, I like salads with cucumber and such. Celery is the devil.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

Lol I don't like broccoli or asparagus etc, I like salads with cucumber and such. Celery is the devil.

You can get them in a capsule if you do not like them as food.
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    To stay just under 50 grams but I do not count and only blow in the meter to see if I am or am not in some state of ketosis.

I'm debating on trying out this method too. Since hitting my goal by over 200% now, I relaxed my net carb number to around 25-30 (previously shot for under 20). But with the meter, I've been thinking of just playing it by ear now and going off the readings. It definitely sounds easier & it is, after all, what truly matters in all of this (at least in terms of being in ketosis).
  • hmikkola92
    Options

I do take a vitamin... Well I did. I'm scared to now because every time I take it I get like a half hour wave of intense nausea :s
  • RalfLott
    Options
    I think there's a moral here somewhere.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

I do take a vitamin... Well I did. I'm scared to now because every time I take it I get like a half hour wave of intense nausea :s

I can relate to this. I decided last August it might be prudent to take a multi-vitamin so did. I had a 2 week period of major digestive disturbance which is highly unusual for me. I kept looking through my diary to see what I could have been eating to cause this. Finally I had a bright "light bulb moment" and thought about the multi-vitamin. I quit taking it and within a day or so the problem was gone. Who'd a thunk? A multi-vitamin. A few months later, I noted the vitamin is scored so started breaking them in half and have no problem.

While it may not apply to all people and all multi-vitamins, I have read that it is best to NOT take them on an empty stomach. If you were doing that you might try taking it after you eat something.
  • hmikkola92
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

I can relate to this. I decided last August it might be prudent to take a multi-vitamin so did. I had a 2 week period of major digestive disturbance which is highly unusual for me. I kept looking through my diary to see what I could have been eating to cause this. Finally I had a bright "light bulb moment" and thought about the multi-vitamin. I quit taking it and within a day or so the problem was gone. Who'd a thunk? A multi-vitamin. A few months later, I noted the vitamin is scored so started breaking them in half and have no problem.

While it may not apply to all people and all multi-vitamins, I have read that it is best to NOT take them on an empty stomach. If you were doing that you might try taking it after you eat something.

I was taking them right after I ate something and it still happened. Maybe I'll try cutting them in half. I was having flashbacks to early pregnancy with the nausea haha
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Hmm. Do vegetables make you sick or just wince?
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

Leeks. Leeks do. They make me gag, I have no idea why. Maybe it's the highly stringy fibres, but I can't eat them cooked whole..... chopped, like onions, ain't so bad....
  • GaleHawkins
    Options

I find stuff that I consume that makes me feel sick needs to often just be tossed especially supplements. Our brains can tell us things about what to​ eat.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

Leeks. Leeks do. They make me gag, I have no idea why. Maybe it's the highly stringy fibres, but I can't eat them cooked whole..... chopped, like onions, ain't so bad....

Makes some leek and cauliflower soup. Chop up some leeks and some cauliflower, add to chicken bone broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat then and let simmer till both are very tender.
    Blend in a food processor or use a hand blender til smooth. Top off with HWC when you serve it. Warning it is addictive. :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    dabearo wrote: »
    What is your daily net carb goal?

I average 20-30g, I go zero some meals, and I have hit as high as 75 in the last month, but on a normal day it is close to 25g, not net.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

Makes some leek and cauliflower soup. Chop up some leeks and some cauliflower, add to chicken bone broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat then and let simmer till both are very tender.
    Blend in a food processor or use a hand blender til smooth. Top off with HWC when you serve it. Warning it is addictive. :)

My dad used to make an amazing Vichyssoise soup... of course that was also majorly potato, and was delicious hot, or preferably cold.... So that recipe is a great alternative, thanks!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options

The wally world men's formula used to do that to me - I tossed them and switched to a higher quality brand and have never had the problem since... I think your body is trying to tell you something here.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just adding my experience that taking zinc made me wildly nauseous & read online that's common.
  • mtb000mtb
    mtb000mtb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I aim for 100g of protein and 50% of calories from fat, after that I'm not too fussed where my calories come from. In practice, my carbs are in the 50-100g range most days.

I've more or less eliminated refined sugars and cut back heavily on refined starches. Other carbs don't worry me too much.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    mtb000mtb wrote: »
    I aim for 100g of protein and 50% of calories from fat, after that I'm not too fussed where my calories come from. In practice, my carbs are in the 50-100g range most days.

I've more or less eliminated refined sugars and cut back heavily on refined starches. Other carbs don't worry me too much.

Sounds like a sensible approach to good health. Last night I had my first banana in going on three years and still blew a .036 on my breath anylizer this morning.

Keep up the great job.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 50 carbs a day most days. Rare occasions I might have something high carb but I typically don't go over 100. When I was actively losing it was 30 or under.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    mtb000mtb wrote: »

Sounds like a sensible approach to good health. Last night I had my first banana in going on three years and still blew a .036 on my breath anylizer this morning.

Keep up the great job.

Gosh, how was it!?