Breakfast Ideas, I'm tired of eggs...

Options
13»

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Those of us who are gluten free must be VERY careful about the asafoetida. I had to chuck mine out as the powder was mixed with wheat starch. The lemons are yummy but if you aren't allergic to the limes, I personally prefer their flavour.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I love salt in the morning. I salt the living crap out of my plain Greek yogurt and it's divine. I also love ham roll ups. I'll put cream cheese in a slice of deli ham and roll it around a pickle. I eat those while driving to work sometimes. Coffee and Heavy whipping cream works for me too. I've also mixed protein powders into coffee and I like that. Can be difficult to get it to blend properly based on the powder. Gagged on chunky coffee once. barf.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Those of us who are gluten free must be VERY careful about the asafoetida. I had to chuck mine out as the powder was mixed with wheat starch. The lemons are yummy but if you aren't allergic to the limes, I personally prefer their flavour.

Yes, that's why I recommended looking carefully at the asafoetida you buy, because although the pure one is best, it's also quite hard to find..... I purchased 50g on Amazon prime, which is actually quite expensive, but it's guaranteed pure. The smell alone may be enough to put anyone off... but once incorporated into a dish, it really does make a difference. It's also a great aid to a healthy digestive tract, and is, I quote, "antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and has anti-flatulent properties that help alleviate problems like indigestion, upset stomach, intestinal gas, flatulence and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)."

My H has a bit of a 'precious' digestion, but if he eats a curry with this stuff added, he never experiences any, shall we say, 'after-effects'.....
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I make my own Keto cereal, I use Bob's Red Mill coconut flakes unsweetened and sliced almonds, I toast both separately in the oven (250 degrees until lightly toasted pay attention they can go quickly from perfect to burnt) 1/2 cup of coconut and 2 tbs of almonds with 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk unsweetened, hit's the spot and tastes just like cereal, to me and my kids! They love it so bonus! :) I cut off the fat calorie etc part of the pic but 11g total carbs 4 net carbs ( or 5 I'm still not sure if you count the gram of fiber from the coconut/almond milk? So I always count it as 5g carbs) 313 calories 7g protein 11g fat and 85g sodium You can also add in some dark chocolate chunks I haven't tried it that way yet but it sounds good :)

This sounds YUMO!
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Thanks for the article. I had my "non breakfast food" breakfast of cheddar cheese and roast beef :smiley:
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @my4andme333 , I sent the pm, but as I sent it, I got a message telling me there was a server error, and that it had difficulty complying with my request'. Let me know whether you have actually got the message.... if not, I'll just post it....

I didn't get it and I've also had the same problem with personal messages lately. thank you for posting! I'm excited to try, it'll have to wait til Friday when I go shopping but I've already written the items on my list, now if I don't forget my list I'll be set HAHA