Newbie -- NoMoreaFatChick's "OMAD" journey!!!

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Not if you keep consistent. To see weight loss, you should be hungry sometimes.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Not if you keep consistent. To see weight loss, you should be hungry sometimes.

yea i should try hard to focus not to change my meal timing.. thank you :smile:
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    It will not. I have lost a lot of weight having scattered meals at times. Ideally it should be the same time daily, but if not, it won't make a huge difference.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Agree with @shans34
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    shans34 wrote: »
    It will not. I have lost a lot of weight having scattered meals at times. Ideally it should be the same time daily, but if not, it won't make a huge difference.

thank you.. i was a little worried..
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited April 2017
    Matters how many calories your getting in you. Early eating usually leads to more calories. One day might mean you don't lose anything that day and that is your penalty. Just get back at it and don't worry about one bad day here or there. Long term average effort is what matters.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Matters how many calories your getting in you. Early eating usually leads to more calories. One day might mean you don't lose anything that day and that is your penalty. Just get back at it and don't worry about one bad day here or there. Long term average effort is what matters.

thanx for the support.. i am worried much of gaining because today is the day i weigh in :neutral:
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Don't be afraid of that scale! Just step on it :smiley:
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Disastrous!!!
    Guys i donno what to do.. i am being strict on following OMAD(except for 1day) in 3weeks.. and i didnt take even a single cheat day.. And i am drinking atleast 3liters of water everyday.
    Stopped having chocolates, cakes, brownies and ice-creams...
    I know i am not going to gym regularly but yes i am doing 4days a week.
    The only negative i see is carb is the major part of my meal..

Start weight: 158.5lbs

1st week check: 12/04/2017
    weight: 156lbs

2nd week check: 19/04/2017
    weight: 154.544lbs(70.1kg)

3rd week check: 26/04/2017
    weight: 154.76lbs(70.2kg)

I have not lost any weight and the sad part is i have gained...
    Would appreciate any suggestions or any modifications to my routine which helps me in losing weight..

Thank you..
    HeartBroken :(:(

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2017
    ((((Nomoreafatchick)))), how many calories are you eating a day? Are you eating enough?

Please don't get frustrated. Sometimes the scale goes down. Sometimes it goes up. Sometimes it stays the same.

I highly recommend looking at some of the veteran OMAD diaries/journals and their weekly logs, Brenda's is really inspiring to me. You'll see she had weeks of little or no losses, even some gains, yet by staying consistent all the losses added up. It really makes a huge difference when you can see how it's been for others.

Hang in there :-)
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    ((((Nomoreafatchick)))), how many calories are you eating a day? Are you eating enough?

Please don't get frustrated. Sometimes the scale goes down. Sometimes it goes up. Sometimes it stays the same.

I highly recommend looking at some of the veteran OMAD diaries/journals and their weekly logs, Brenda's is really inspiring to me. You'll see she had weeks of little or no losses, even some gains, yet by staying consistent all the losses added up. It really makes a huge difference when you can see how it's been for others.

Hang in there :-)

yes i am eating good 1000 - 1100cals, sometimes it goes to 1300 too.. 1200 is my limit.. and i do log everything...

thanx for the kind words.. am really disappointed and the thing is am going on vacation for 5days, donno how much i will gain.. :(
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I ve been stuck between the same 5lbs for 3 weeks, either up or down. It happens. Stay faithful, the scale will catch. I just started running and now I'm seeing my weight go down again. You will be fine. Don't stress.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    shans34 wrote: »
    I ve been stuck between the same 5lbs for 3 weeks, either up or down. It happens. Stay faithful, the scale will catch. I just started running and now I'm seeing my weight go down again. You will be fine. Don't stress.

yea will try hard and see why the stupid scale wont go down.. thanx for your support.. :smile:
  • blambo61
    edited April 2017
    I weigh every day and I report my lowest weight of the week as the week's weight loss because of weekly fluctuations. For me, it is good to know what is going on and not mistaking a higher reading for a weight gain when it is not.

You really can't tell what is going on if you take a weekly measurement when there are monthly water fluctuations. You need longer data to see.

If your getting skinnier and weighing the same, your gaining muscle and losing fat. That is another possibility.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Disastrous!!!
    Guys i donno what to do.. i am being strict on following OMAD(except for 1day) in 3weeks.. and i didnt take even a single cheat day.. And i am drinking atleast 3liters of water everyday.

Would appreciate any suggestions or any modifications to my routine which helps me in losing weight..

Thank you..

Have you calculated your TDEE?
    Can you please share at least one food diary entry and exercise? So we can help you
  • blambo61
    You could be gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. That should be expected if you are just starting to go to the gym (I don't know if that is the case or not). If your getting stronger, your gaining muscle. Let that be a non-scale victory. How long have you been working out and what type of gym work are you doing (how heavy, reps, sets)? Plus consider water retention. .25-lbs is nothing really. I don't know if most of the scales we stand on are even that accurate. You need a lot of measurements to see trends through the noise of water fluctuations and scale fluctuations.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Disastrous!!!

Thank you..

Have you calculated your TDEE?
    Can you please share at least one food diary entry and exercise? So we can help you

@1MADGIRL Hey hi.. sorry for the delayed response..
    My TDEE is 1,689calories..
    My food diary and exercise diary are open to view. But mostly i take white rice with curry, ghee and sometimes curd.
    Usually burn 300calories on cardio and a little bit of arm exercises with 5lb dumbbells(4days a week).. And a little bit of floor exercises to get rid of back fat and lovehandles..
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You could be gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. That should be expected if you are just starting to go to the gym (I don't know if that is the case or not). If your getting stronger, your gaining muscle. Let that be a non-scale victory. How long have you been working out and what type of gym work are you doing (how heavy, reps, sets)? Plus consider water retention. .25-lbs is nothing really. I don't know if most of the scales we stand on are even that accurate. You need a lot of measurements to see trends through the noise of water fluctuations and scale fluctuations.

Hi @blambo61.. sorry for the delayed response.. Not sure if i am gaining muscle or not :disappointed:
    I started going to gym the same time i started OMAD(been a month).. i do 30mins of cardio and dumbbell lifting(5lbs 15reps 2sets) 4days a week.. and squats 15reps 2sets.. and some floor exercises..
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Hello lovely guys..
    Am back from vacation and it kind of ruined me :wink: :wink:
    I had a great time in florida.

But i could not follow OMAD, i know i should have tried harder but with friends forcing me and awesome food around i could not resist.
    Had great shrimp, lobster, salmon and etc etc...
    I am going to be back on OMAD from tomorrow. Wish me luck.
    Last time i could do strictly for 3weeks and this time i don't wanna break it at least for 3months(hope to continue it for more and more months)..
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Welcome back from vacation and here as well. Where in the Sunshine State did you visit? I live on the NW Panhandle. Glad you came before the weather gets too hot and too humid. lol

I'm going on vacation in eight days, I hope I can stick with OMAD, but I won't beat myself up if I don't. May come back saying the same you have. The important thing is that you're back here with those who support you. :-)