My weight loss saga - Jim

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    What are you consuming other than water?
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    In the morning I go to McDonalds and order a small coffee with one cream.
    It is amazing how great that coffee tastes when it is the only thing with any kind of taste that you consume. I can only bring myself to drink about half of it though, once it cools a little I just don't feel like finishing it. Then usually at lunch time I will go out and grab another small coffee and again drink about half of it. So in total I have roughly one small coffee per day in addition to water.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Wow you really do have the willpower!!! How much do you think you will gain back after you go back to OMAD?
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You do have impressive willpower
  • jvcinv
    Wow you really do have the willpower!!! How much do you think you will gain back after you go back to OMAD?
    Based on my past experience I'm estimating I'll gain back 3 pounds. I think other fasters see more weight gain after the fast than that, but I think the difference is because I'm coming off the fast and going into OMAD and on top of that I'm eating very nutritious whole foods.
    I think some people fast thinking it will be a quick easy way to reach their weight loss goal but don't bother to modify their non fasting diet. So their fasts are not very effective in the long run.

• jvcinv
    shans34 wrote: »
    You do have impressive willpower
    Thanks!

• Brendalea69
    Do you do any exercising or walking while you are water fasting?
  • jvcinv
    edited April 2017
    I have been this time.
    I do a run/jog for about 40 minutes.
    It's like 2/3 brisk walk and 1/3 light jog.

• Brendalea69
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I have been this time.
    I do a run/jog for about 40 minutes.
    It's like 2/3 brisk walk and 1/3 light jog.

• mikseyniha
    jvcinv wrote: »
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    In the morning I go to McDonalds and order a small coffee with one cream.
    It is amazing how great that coffee tastes when it is the only thing with any kind of taste that you consume. I can only bring myself to drink about half of it though, once it cools a little I just don't feel like finishing it. Then usually at lunch time I will go out and grab another small coffee and again drink about half of it. So in total I have roughly one small coffee per day in addition to water.

Thanks for sharing :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    One word of warning, Jim...you are by now getting the big dividends you want. And I can tell you're loving every minute of it. But be extremely cautious as you come out of the fast and retreat a bit back into the serene, more relaxed (dare I say, cautious?) headspace and go VERY slow on your re-feeding. You are peaking, so watch out for an unexpected drop-off or valley.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Be careful!
  • jvcinv
    My plateau-busting fast (update)
    Day.........WT.......Change.......Total
    ..1..........236.........-3...............-3
    ..2..........234.........-2...............-5
    ..3..........232.........-2...............-7
    ..4..........230.........-2...............-9
    ..5..........227.5......-2.5............-11.5
    ..6..........226.........-1.5............-13
    ..7..........223.5......-2.5............-15.5
    ..8..........221.5......-2...............-17.5

I'm planning to break it off on Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Omg that's awesome!
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    I don't know how you do it!!! :o I did two days and I was sooo hungry and dizzy that I had to eat!!!
  • mikseyniha
    Wow You're amazing!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Whew! Awesome! You inspire me.

I want to try a 3 day fast, but decided to wait until after my business trip to Germany. Can't afford (literally) a breakdown while in the fast lane.
  • jvcinv
    My plateau-busting fast (final tally)
    Day.........WT.......Change.......Total
    ..1..........236.........-3...............-3
    ..2..........234.........-2...............-5
    ..3..........232.........-2...............-7
    ..4..........230.........-2...............-9
    ..5..........227.5......-2.5............-11.5
    ..6..........226.........-1.5............-13
    ..7..........223.5......-2.5............-15.5
    ..8..........221.5......-2...............-17.5
    ..9..........219.5......-2...............-19.5
    ..10........217.5......-2...............-21.5
    ..11........217.........-0.5............-22

It's over. I started taking in nourishment last night. (so wonderful)
    I broke through several barriers and feel I've achieved a total reset, so it was a success.
    I'll get back to a consistent eating pattern now and will stay on it for a long while I think.

One final comment about extended fasting, for me through the first 6 days its not so hard.
    However around that point it starts to become more and more of grind, and gets harder by the day.
    And no it's not because of hunger, that goes away after a couple days and does not return.
    What is so hard for me is the deprivation. The complete absence of all sensory and emotional experiences related to food. You don't realize how much of an impact this is until you do without food for an extended time. In many ways our lives revolve around food, we're always planning our meals ahead, anticipating how good they will be. Of course the meals themselves touch on all senses, then the feeling of fullness and contentment afterwards. There is just so much pleasure and joy wrapped up in it.
    On a long fast, I find that after awhile I feel like a prisoner. Life is boring, bland and bleak. Day after day there is never anything to look forward to other than the scale readings. Not only does this not go away, it seems to accumulate as the days go by. Towards the end time slows down and its a real grind. It's not pleasant. Again this is not a hunger for food per se, but more an emotional feeling of isolation from all the pleasurable experiences that revolve around eating.
    But now I'm out of prison and have something to look forward to every day, so I'm feeling great now.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    11 days. Wow. I need time to think about this. Your report of the effect after 6 days - deprivation, isolation, bleak and bland - whew, that is humbling, and puts a lot of what we take for granted in new perspective.
  • Brendalea69
    22 pounds gone :smiley: that's just AMAZING!!!