One last time ...

Replies

• HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member

I know I'm not supposed to weigh every day, but it's a hard habit to break. It's surprising me that there isn't a constant drop in numbers. The first adjustment I'm going to make is excluding flour completely. Now that I'm only eating one meal per day that will be easier.
    Saturday is official weigh-in day. Hopefully there will at least be a drop from today if not from last week.
    Any pointers?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    There are days when there isnt any drop or maybe even a gain, that's why it's best to weigh once a week, or you could weigh everyday and take the lowest number for your weekly total :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2017
    Are you keeping a log of your food you eat, even on bad days? Are you still only eating between 800-1k calories? If so, that's not enough, and I'm sorry but I disagree with your doctor on that--unless you are morbidly obese. Being that low can only slow things down for your weight loss and wreak havoc on your metabolism--if it's already slow, it will only make it slower. I'd try to shoot for 1200 calories/day at least, build a meal up with about 800 calories of food and add in a 400+ calorie smoothie or shake, anything to boost it. You may gain at first, but then you should start losing. Not eating anything with flour is a good goal. Maybe consider walking at least 30 minutes a day as well to help aid your physical well-being.
  • HestiaMoon1
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Are you keeping a log of your food you eat, even on bad days? Are you still only eating between 800-1k calories? If so, that's not enough, and I'm sorry but I disagree with your doctor on that--unless you are morbidly obese. Being that low can only slow things down for your weight loss and wreak havoc on your metabolism--if it's already slow, it will only make it slower. I'd try to shoot for 1200 calories/day at least, build a meal up with about 800 calories of food and add in a 400+ calorie smoothie or shake, anything to boost it. You may gain at first, but then you should start losing. Not eating anything with flour is a good goal. Maybe consider walking at least 30 minutes a day as well to help aid your physical well-being.

I've been over 1100 every day. I have a Fitbit but am usually 5000-7000 steps only. It's very hard to not have something before mealtime. Nuts or fruit only, right? If I'm taking a forkful of leftovers is that setting things off? Maybe that's it.
  • wsandy8512
    Yes, lol, those forkfuls of leftovers can and do add up. I used to do leftover and pre-meal forkful testers... because a little bite won't hurt, at least that's what I told myself. :)

There aren't any food restrictions on OMAD, as long as you are logging your pre-meal snacks, you should be good.
  • HestiaMoon1
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Yes, lol, those forkfuls of leftovers can and do add up. I used to do leftover and pre-meal forkful testers... because a little bite won't hurt, at least that's what I told myself. :)

There aren't any food restrictions on OMAD, as long as you are logging your pre-meal snacks, you should be good.

I'm neurotic about my calories. I count the forkful calories, nothing sneaks up on me like that. I meant breaking the fast too much. A serving of fruit or nuts is said to be ok, so I'm wondering is the protein of the leftover the culprit.
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Oh, I see. Technically, it all boils down to calories in and calories out. As long as you aren't going over, you should lose weight. I've only broken my fast twice on OMAD; once with a hunk of cheese at night, and the other day when I had my first binge. My body is used to OMAD now so I don't get hungry until about an hour, and sometimes two hours before my planned meal. I only snacked once though when my eating time was unexpectedly put off--26 hours. I thought it best, before gnawing off my own arm or risking a violent rage, to have my smoothie earlier to tide me over until dinner was ready an hour later. lol
  • HestiaMoon1
    I was 199 last Saturday and despite bouncing up to 202.1 midweek I landed at 199.4 this morning. I'll take it. Good see at 1 at the front again. I've been around 200 for two months and it depresses the hell out of me.
  • wsandy8512
    That's wonderful!!!! I hope to join you in "Onderland" soon! (didn't know what that meant until I saw @brendagaudette explain it to someone else earlier. :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome back to Onederland :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    I was 199 last Saturday and despite bouncing up to 202.1 midweek I landed at 199.4 this morning. I'll take it. Good see at 1 at the front again. I've been around 200 for two months and it depresses the hell out of me.

I feel you! Seeing that '1' is so encouraging :smiley: Onederland is so awesome :smiley:
  • HestiaMoon1
    I woke up this morning with a headache. Awful. Then ...Maybe it was the good news on the scale ... headache went away and I spent the day .... High? Seriously. I was happy for the first time in 6 months (i.e. Since Nov 9) Must be the fasting. Whatever. It's good to be happy again.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I woke up this morning with a headache. Awful. Then ...Maybe it was the good news on the scale ... headache went away and I spent the day .... High? Seriously. I was happy for the first time in 6 months (i.e. Since Nov 9) Must be the fasting. Whatever. It's good to be happy again.

Headache went away and you are happy! First, great news! Congratulations! Second, do you think this is due to your new OMAD eating? You said "Must be the fasting". By that, do you mean just eating OMAD? Or are you fasting for more than 24 hours? I'm seriously interested in finding the best way to have a clear brain while losing weight.
  • HestiaMoon1
    amflautist wrote: »

Headache went away and you are happy! First, great news! Congratulations! Second, do you think this is due to your new OMAD eating? You said "Must be the fasting". By that, do you mean just eating OMAD? Or are you fasting for more than 24 hours? I'm seriously interested in finding the best way to have a clear brain while losing weight.

Hello! I'm no expert on any of this, but I feel like only eating once a day is helping me mentally. The headspace I've cleared by not having to bargain with food choices all day, the freedom from guilt and self-abuse because I "cheated" or ate "bad food," is a big part of it, but I do feel like it is also creating a physical change that is helping my mind work better and happier.
    I haven't tried a longer fast, but there's plenty of documentation on clerics and mystics using fasting to help reach enlightenment. Just 21-22 hours of fasting is so new to my body maybe I'm having some of those effects at least for now.
  • HestiaMoon1
    At 3 o'clock I was so excited - I'd made it through my tough time (Noon to 3) and was in the home stretch. I love looking forward to dinner now. It used to be my hours of guilt and sacrifice and struggle. Now, I just prepare it and eat it. And I'm satisfied and I'm done.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    awesome :)
  • HestiaMoon1
    I played with the idea of a bone broth fast, but the meat sauce for my family's spaghetti was too tempting so I ate that with a salad for my meal!
  • HestiaMoon1
    I really miss those days of my youth where I could drop five pounds by just skipping a meal.
    Then I spent the last decade gaining wih no end in sight.
    I need to adjust my attitude and accept that losing a pound a week or at least not gaining is progress.
  • Brendalea69
    I think losing a pound or not gaining is AWESOME :)
  • HestiaMoon1
    Eating at 5-6 does NOT work for me. By 7pm I want to eat more. My sweet spot is 6:30-7:30 I think. Early enough to be dinner time and late enough to be dessert/nightcap time.
    Learning curve still happening, but it is happening.