May Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Did L1 today: first day for me. Didn't use weights and had to modify the jumping stuff but I finished it!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Day 9 :+1:
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Zulu87 wrote: »
    Did L1 today: first day for me. Didn't use weights and had to modify the jumping stuff but I finished it!

Then you beat my husband!
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    L1 D9 Shredded.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Zulu87 wrote: »

Then you beat my husband!

Haha well that's something ;)
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    Ok ladies, this almost 60 yr old lady is crazy...I just agreed to do a Road Race (five different 5K races) series with my daughter and granddaughter which will be run from May 27 to August 6, here in Arizona. So I guess I better start training and really glad I've been building my strength with all the challenges with you ladies. 30 Day Shred and running in the heat in AZ....YIKES!!!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Ok ladies, this almost 60 yr old lady is crazy...I just agreed to do a Road Race (five different 5K races) series with my daughter and granddaughter which will be run from May 27 to August 6, here in Arizona. So I guess I better start training and really glad I've been building my strength with all the challenges with you ladies. 30 Day Shred and running in the heat in AZ....YIKES!!!

I'd run in the morning...
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    @TheCupcakeCounter , Barb around here running is usually done these days as the sun comes up. I think that's the part I dislike the most. Not a morning person, especially since retirement, so getting up early to run because of the heat, not my favorite. It's 7am here and I've already done my 5 miles for today.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

This will be fun and rewarding!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Done with Level 1. Whoop!!! :#
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    L1D10 shredded
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Did my "hump day" legs, butt, and abs workout this morning. Tomorrow is light walking and Pilates only for recovery.
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    L2D1 shredded....not sure what I think of level 2.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    L2D1 shredded....not sure what I think of level 2.

I think it went by faster than level 1. Planks are cool because I can do them (because of our previous challenge), 5 lb weights are very difficult to raise for me in most of the exercises so I'm only raising them halfway as of now. The cardio to me is better and the weight lifting seems more beneficial.

Just my two cents.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    I start L2 tomorrow. Not sure I'm excited about the planks - I have issues with extended time in plank position because of the injury to my back last year.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I start L2 tomorrow. Not sure I'm excited about the planks - I have issues with extended time in plank position because of the injury to my back last year.

You can always modify on your knees. Where did you get your body weight vest from?
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options

You can always modify on your knees. Where did you get your body weight vest from?

I don't have a body weight vest
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Ok, I thought I read that you added 18 lbs somewhere in your workout. Maybe I was mistaken
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Oh! I have a 18lb body bar. It's basically a barbell but padded and you can't add weights. I put it across my shoulder for weighted back squats
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    I got it on Amazon
This discussion has been closed.