One last time ...

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    It sure is a learning curve, it's good that you're in tune enough with your body to know what is and isn't working for you. Mine is between 11am-2pm, though I've gone as early as 10am and later than 3pm--very, very rare, but it has happened.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Losing weight at a slower pace removes fat and retains muscle :)
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    I broke my fast 5 hours early because I had the opportunity to have sushi - a rarity in the Midwest USA. But it has spiraled out of control!
    I can't stop eating!
    Do I just cut bait and call this a splurge day?
    Should I still count my weigh-in tomorrow even though the timing isn't optimal?
    One thing is clear - when I thought I was eating under my calories needed, I wasn't. That's good bad news. Bad in that I did this to myself - good in that there's not some medical mystery going on here.
    I gained weight because I ate too much.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Just jump back on tomorrow, have your weigh in day just the same, if you look at anyone's numbers they all have ups and downs throughout the journey. Enjoy your sushi and move on tomorrow :smile:
  • HestiaMoon1
    It really ticked me off to have that splurge day. I don't want to drag this out. The food will all still be there. I have to keep reminding myself what I want more.
    I want to not be overweight more than I want to eat when it's not time - right?
    So I must shut up and do it.
  • HestiaMoon1
    I'm worried about weigh-in. I have done so much better, but still not acing the protocol for One Meal. I want to be 199 or less.
    To remind myself, I keep grabbing my fat belly and saying, Nothing matters except getting rid of this!
    I am not "starving" I just think I'm hungry.
    I absolutely will not die if I don't eat.
    I could conceivably fast for days and be fine.
    I'm so sick and tired of being fat.
    I have to do this now.
    There is no "someday" left.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I'm worried about weigh-in. I have done so much better, but still not acing the protocol for One Meal. I want to be 199 or less.
    To remind myself, I keep grabbing my fat belly and saying, Nothing matters except getting rid of this!
    I have to do this now.

Ban those negative thoughts - they won't help you stick to the program and they'll put you in a bad place mentally - stay positive and remember that you're doing SOMETHING GOOD FOR YOUR BODY! OWN your bod! It's good to you, so be good to it and yourself! It's 90% a mental battle, so don't hinder yourself with all that negativity!
  • HestiaMoon1
    Negativity? Well, see this is the problem with electronic communication. I wasn't being negative. I was psyching myself up by reminding myself this is what I want, this is feasible, and it's time to do it. Thank you for your concern, though.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Negativity? Well, see this is the problem with electronic communication. I wasn't being negative. I was psyching myself up by reminding myself this is what I want, this is feasible, and it's time to do it. Thank you for your concern, though.

Ok good - and yes, technology does have it's downfalls! LOL - Good I'm glad you're in a positive mindset! It's so easy to hate on our bodies instead of rejoicing them! (While working to make them better :P )
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I hope the OMAD gets easier for you o:)
  • HestiaMoon1
    Grass fed beef burger, sweet potato oven fries, horseradish mayonnaise. Glass of Shiraz. I'm stuffed.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I have to do this now.

Great attitude! Just keep at it and be patient. Don't try to do it all at once. Just be consistent and keep at it and you will get there!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I have to do this now.

I'm going to steal some of these tactics!
  • HestiaMoon1
    Weigh-in yesterday was ok. 199 even. Friday night was a big dinner with high carbs, and today I wasn't very hungry during the day at all.
    Looking for a place for brunch tomorrow- not much luck. Biscuits and gravy are considered haute cuisine around here.
  • wsandy8512
    Awesome!!
  • HestiaMoon1
    I think I'm in Phase 3 (from the OMAD video library that talks about phases)
    I don't feel HUNGRY between meals and when I do feel lower case hungry I know it will pass.
    Also, I realized I'm only 30 lbs from the upper limit of healthy weight for me. It's a personal goal to lose 55 lbs, not a necessary one. So, I added a little exercise when I'm feeling up to it. Like 30 minutes steady state medium speed on my bike or Concept 2. I'm tempted to do HIIT but maybe once I'm down 10 lbs.
    Weigh in this weekend.
  • HestiaMoon1
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Awesome!!

Thank you. I'd love to see more, but at least I'm not gaining.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Awesome!!

Thank you. I'd love to see more, but at least I'm not gaining.

You're welcome and that's true, you aren't gaining. :)

• HestiaMoon1
    OMAD has helped me pinpoint some important details for my weight loss needs -- flour, corn, and dairy upset my digestion; stopping earlier in the evening (7:30) is better than later (10pm) for sleeping; fruits and vegetables are my friends.
    There might not be any loss again this week, but this clear information of what works best for me is going to help in the long run.
  • wsandy8512
    I think you have the right attitude, I really do. Even though I'm determined to rid weight, the OMAD lifestyle has greatly improved my overall health. I wouldn't quit it even if I didn't lose another pound because I feel so much better. I would just tweak my calories and what not.

The only problem I seem to be having are bowel movements. I eat plenty of fruits and veggies, but I haven't been regular in a couple of months. I get really backed up and on day three of no bowel movements, I cave to laxatives. I think I'll introduce bran cereal into it because I do not like relying on artificial ways to help me poo.