Daily Accountability Check-in

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    3 day fail ketowise
    Activity level is very good.

One of these days, these things will come together and coexist in my fabulous remake of myself...not today.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Question: Do you think watching Cupcake wars is going to damage my calm? LOL I love that show and haven't watched really any food shows since starting keto/IF 2 weeks ago. Would you brave it?

My town actually has a bakery run by a Cupcake Wars winner. I'll wander in every so often (I get my pedicures in the same business area) and get cupcakes for the family. Tempting, but haven't given in!
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @littlecrunchy190 My particular experience back in 2003 when I first went on Atkins was sort of bizarre to me. Once I freed myself from the grip of my carb addiction & acknowledged to myself that I was an addict, I found myself constantly watching Unwrapped, that show that was all about how candy is made. I've no idea why except maybe the stigma was off and also my cravings were gone? Now that I wasn't eating it anymore I was free to admit I'd loved candy! It never made me hungry to watch. It kind of helped me process all my nostalgia for candy without actually eating it.

After a while I lost interest & stopped watching. Anyway, it didn't do me any harm but I could see how it might trigger cravings in someone else, so, I've no real advice except try it & if it's triggering, shut it off fast!
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Another great day! I think I did my macros darn near perfect.
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @littlecrunchy190 I would have thought the same thing about watching those shows. I love watching the food network and I love those baking competitions as well. But nothing, nada, zero effect or desire is awaken in me to indulge. I can even go as far as make delicious desserts for my family and not even want to lick the spoon. It is truly an amazing side effect of this WOE.

It is the one thing I can not get others to understand if there is any conversation about not eating breads, pastas, sweets, cakes, etc. You just lose the desire for it. They are always doubtful. I guess it's one of those things you need to experience it to understand it.

I hope you continue to enjoy your show!!
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bouddie wrote: »
    Another great day! I think I did my macros darn near perfect.

That's great!! I never meet my macros but I'm not worried about it. I stay under or at my carb (5% or 17g) but I seldom ever reach the protein or fat amounts. I do get close to my calories in each day though. I'm not sure how I could possibly eat more to meet my protein macro, not so much worried about the fat.

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    @littlecrunchy190 I would have thought the same thing about watching those shows. I love watching the food network and I love those baking competitions as well. But nothing, nada, zero effect or desire is awaken in me to indulge. I can even go as far as make delicious desserts for my family and not even want to lick the spoon. It is truly an amazing side effect of this WOE.

It is the one thing I can not get others to understand if there is any conversation about not eating breads, pastas, sweets, cakes, etc. You just lose the desire for it. They are always doubtful. I guess it's one of those things you need to experience it to understand it.

I hope you continue to enjoy your show!!

Yup. I agree with you there, some folks just can't believe it...
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've come down with something. Perhaps a bad cold, hopefully not worse than that. I've still been sticking with LC but probably wont log my food as much until I'm feeling better. But I'm still sticking with the WOE which I'm happy with and proud of myself!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    3 day fail ketowise
    Activity level is very good.

One of these days, these things will come together and coexist in my fabulous remake of myself...not today.

If at first you don't succeed...
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 3 weeks in to full on Keto. I haven't lost much weight yet, but I know it's coming. I think my body first had to get past some inflammation and digestive stuff. It seems to be getting better.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    I just take 2 paracetamol, and head for bed. Works for me! :D
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mississippi trip was exhausting (yet not that active), but I ate okay. Hard to control and when I was in the middle of nowhere I ended up just having low cals and breakfast for dinner, since there were few options. Yesterday was good, not my ideal but pretty decent -- there were salads with blue cheese and chicken as well as sandwiches for lunch, so I had that (a little dressing, probably with some sugar, some dried cranberries I mostly avoided), breakfast was easy (breakfast bar with eggs, bacon, some smoked salmon and cucumbers), dinner was steak and collard greens (and I was weak and exhausted and had more potatoes than intended, oh well). So not perfect, but okay.

Flew super early this morning so just skipped breakfast. So looking forward to getting back to my kitchen tonight.
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in for a couple of days, was really hungry yesterday and went above my calories but, I kept my carbs well below 20 and today hardly hungry so that's better.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Have definitely found my 'rhythm'...! Have lost 2.7lbs in the last two days - am down to 8 stone 6-and-a-half lbs... that's just over 118lbs.... The target is within my sights!! Woo-hoo!!

I have actually done this without any form of specific exercise at all.
    Walking any long distance is difficult and eventually quite painful...

I had a back injury in 2002 which compromised the sciatic nerve down the left leg...it's not firing on all cylinders... the upper thigh region works very well. The bit below the knee however, is totally uncooperative - !
    I have to wear a supportive brace, which is both cumbersome and unsightly, but there you go - at least it keeps me upright and walking less like a drunken sailor on a listing boat....
    (photo 1)
    However, due to the brace being wrapped round the foot itself, my left foot is encased in a man's shoe, size 6 (UK) and the right foot, in a size 3 child's shoe. Which is still too big, because I actually take size 2 - 2-and a-half.... This is my only, one pair of permanent shoes....

In the second photo you can clearly see the difference between the two lower legs - although I have lost weight in both of them (!) the left leg is obviously much thinner than the right, because the nerve-impulse isn't firing in the calf... and the foot won't respond to any form of request to stand on tiptoe, so pretty heels are totally out. The 'dent/yellowish bruise' on the front of the left leg has been caused by the constant pressure of the brace strap...

Sorry if the above is all TMI... I just wanted to let folks know that "I can't exercise fully" is not some feeble excuse to be a couch spud! :D

• Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Question: Do you think watching Cupcake wars is going to damage my calm? LOL I love that show and haven't watched really any food shows since starting keto/IF 2 weeks ago. Would you brave it?

I have totally lost interest in the Food Network since starting Keto. Nobody ever cooks anything I can eat! :D
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Having a pretty good stretch of keto days here, no big hurdles coming up for a couple weeks. Planning to give keto top priority. Ketostix in purple range.
    Several outings for the week as well as some work hours.
    I think it looks like a good week.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I overate yesterday, a huge plate of fried (no flour) eggplant with tomato sauce and mozzarella and parmesan on top. So good. Better than cupcakes :)
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Been sick (upper respiratory infection) for the last week, but managed to still eat on plan.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Eating fine, but carbs are up over the weekend, under 100 but nowhere near 50.

Back to trying to keto on Monday. I bought some ketostix so that might be incentive.

I did figure out that I can make a delicious faux potato salad with green beans, celeriac, and scallions that is pretty low carb (certainly compared to a normal one). Added broiled spicy chicken and it was a good dish.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Ate peanut butter by the spoonful last night... and managed to drop nearly 2 lbs! I've been stuck at 187 for the past couple of weeks and today I dropped to 185! I also think I drank more water than usual yesterday, so maybe that helped too?