Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Couch to 10K restarted. I'm a little late with checking in but I'm up to Week 2 Day 3 to be completed later today.
  • sweetsalads
    sweetsalads Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D3. And for the first time it wasn't so bad! Currently terrified for W3D1.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,825 Member
    Options
    Halfway done today. Week 4 in the bank. Looking forward to starting week 5 on Sun.
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    W7D3 done. I'm pretty excited to finish next week. I'm currently looking for 10k apps. I've been using the zen labs C25K app so I'll probably just keep going with their 10k version.
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Done week 3 today start week 4 on Monday. Ended up doing 4 runs for it 2 last week 2 this due to family commitments.
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 2 in the books ... seemed easier today than Friday
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W4D3 done this morning. Looking forward to W5, instead of being intimidated by it. :)

I'm amazed - when I started, I was barely able to run for more than 15 seconds at a clip without feeling like death. Today I ran for almost 15 straight minutes!
  • smurph1968
    smurph1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    W8D2 this morning.
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    W4d1 completed last night. It wasn't as hard as I expected. I'm not overly out of breath, but get calf burn still, that's not easing off any, but overall pleased to report 16 minutes overall jogging completed :)
  • brant710
    Options
    Finished week 1 today. I'm excited to go on this journey.
  • brant710
    Options
    Finished W3D1. I feel a little sad that I'm so happy about being able to run for three minutes, but at the same time... Three minutes, y'all.

Congratulations! It is an accomplishment.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    I am on week 5 and struggling. I did day 1 ok on Sun but day 2 today, I only managed half. I will do the rest tomorrow. I think overall I am just tired. I have seen my resting heart rate go down from 66 to 60 so I know this is working since i started. I find it very difficult to take a day off completely from exercise....
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 and struggling. I did day 1 ok on Sun but day 2 today, I only managed half. I will do the rest tomorrow. I think overall I am just tired. I have seen my resting heart rate go down from 66 to 60 so I know this is working since i started. I find it very difficult to take a day off completely from exercise....

I found w5d2 trickier than I expected, too. That was when I really had to slow down.
  • veggrrrl
    Options
    W5d1 yesterday. I'm doing ZR. The longer blocks of intervals are shorter, but there are more of them. Started great, but I had a really hard time in the middle of the walk/run drills and almost gave up. Realized on my way back that the half of the trail where I started was cooler than the half where I was having trouble, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. :| I finished, but I wasn't happy with myself, and I may do it over depending on how I feel at the end of the week.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    what is ZR? Started W5D3 today. Can't believe they go from 8 min runs to 20 minutes!! Unfortunately that is not a good idea for this ole gal. So, did 30 min total with a 10 min run included. My knees require a little more walk break. I wonder if they might tailor this to age and fitness in other programs?
  • veggrrrl
    Options
    what is ZR?

Zombies, Run 5k app
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Ok - thanks. Finished up week 5 this morning. Start week 6 on Sun. I heard ZR was actually harder. I may not be able to do the longer runs because of my knee issues, but this ap is definitely helping me become fitter and teaching me that it is OK to do intervals of running and walking and still get the same aerobic benefits of just steady jogging (which I enjoyed most of my younger life...)