Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congrats to @KRPolo on your "graduation"! What a wonderful accomplishment!
    I just finished week 5/day 2.....already nervous about the 20 minute run coming up on day 3. Yikes!
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @LLduds- just trust the program and take your time. I had the same doubts, but as @ftrobbie always tells folks on here while it may be challenging to overcome the doubts in your mind, your body is ready for the next step. I look forward to reading about your success in the next few days!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @adam145 That sounds like an awesome day! And you are done with walking intervals, it's solid running from here on out!

@KRPolo Congrats on graduating! There is a Bridge to 10k group with a fairly active daily check-in also:
    Bridge to 10k Group

The rest of you are going great too! Keep running!
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    W6D3 tonight. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little intimidated by the 22 minute run interval. (i am doing the Zenlabs C25K program)
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congrats @KRPolo!
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @krichard08, if you are anything like me, you will actually enjoy getting away from intervals for a while. Don't let the thought of 22 minutes scare you- you are ready! Have a great run!
  • birtley15
    birtley15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just finished W3D3 and it was tough! For the second time only I ran outside. I thought it was cooler than it actually was outside. But although it was tough and I kept praying for the 3 minute runs to be over I didn't quit! I never thought I would even make it this far but I am pushing through. I did notice that when I do run outside the GPS has me going further than the treadmill does so that had me encouraged. Fingers crossed I make through week 4 :)
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Week 7 completed this evening :smiley:

I managed to keep going for a while after the 25minutes alarm went off, so I eventually ran for 28 minutes and 40 seconds. Feel so pleased with myself! But sort of annoyed at the same time as I didn't manage to keep going for 30 minutes. Hay fever was really bad, had to stop to blow my nose. So near but yet so far!

I'm really looking forward to starting week 8 on Sunday, but as I already know I can do 28 minutes, should I skip to week 9 , or stick with week 8?

• DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, week 5, day 1 this morning..... found it ok, but need to improve my pace if I am going to do a 5k in under 40mins. My plan is showing that I am doing 11.5 min miles at the moment, so I am hoping that with more running and less walking, this will improve. Only 4 weeks to the race...... I hope I can do it. Scary to think that I may be able to run for 30 + mins..............

You really shouldn't worry about your pace, but you're doing fine! You will get faster. And, you realize that 11.5 min/mile is several minutes FASTER than a 40 minute 5k, right? I know it's a little farther, but what I found is that as I increased my time/distance going through the C25K, my pace did not generally decrease.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Signed up for my second 5k- the first I really didn't train well for but it was for a friend's charity so my only goal was to not be last. I have a 5k foamrun for 9/11 and a neon run on 11/3. My friend who ran my first 5k with me wants to do an inflatable obstacle course on 11/21. I'm only about to start week three tomorrow I think, but I know I can at least jog and walk 5k since I did it before.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey all, newbie here. I just did W1D1 yesterday (going to do day 2 tomorrow), and already noticed some shin pain due to my terrible shoes and wacky feet. So, my update for today is that I went out to get fitted for real running shoes and picked some up. Excited to see how tomorrow goes with real shoes. =)
  • kramrn77
    Options
    I was amazed at the difference! Good luck! :)
  • LLduds
    Options
    Hey @kramrn77 - are you talking about Insane Inflatable in Victoria, TX, on 11/21? If so, a friend and I are signed up for that one :) Looks like fun!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @KRPolo congratulations on graduating!!!! WTG
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    W7d1 done this morning. I completed the 2.5 mile run in 32 minutes. Woohoo! It's still challenging and I haven't reached that runners high. But proud of my progress.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    @maggiekat7 you are almost finished. WTG!
    @samra338 I had to slow down my last two runs. But my focus is on distance and not time. I'll see what w7d2 brings
  • ljs385
    ljs385 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've just completed week 6 :smile: I'm currently using the treadmill and "running" at 7.7kph. I know everyone says don't worry about speed at the start, but for week 7 I'm aiming to up the speed by 0.1kph for each day to see how it feels.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    @fit4life_73 great that you ran 2.5 miles. Yay!
    I changed my routine and ran W7D3 this morning. I was a bit nervous because I was running with a friend for the first time. But everything went well, it was much cooler, and including my warm up and cool downs, I did 2.93 miles.
    Best of all, just as we were finishing, we discovered our local park run that @ftrobbie talks about! Signing up for that today, looks like Saturday runs are going to be a regular event now :)

• LLduds
    Options
    Week 5/Day 3 done!!!! I had no idea I could run for 20 minutes without stopping!!! Crazy. It really does all come down to mind over matter. As long as I cleared my mind and focused on my music and the scenery, it was far more do-able! Great way to start the weekend!!
  • kramrn77
    Options
    @LLduds yeah, that's the one! It looks like a lot of fun and I want to do it! But the childcare details need to be worked out. I think I am going to say yes and then see how things go with hubby's schedule.