Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Did W2D2 tonight, and I felt like I rocked it! Can't wait to do it again on Wednesday!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have to say, seeing all of the posts from those of you who are almost done with your 9 weeks is so inspirational. I'm so happy for you all!
  • sleepigrl
    sleepigrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Did it! W5d3 is done... I can run 2 miles! When I started in March, I couldn't finish all the 60 second intervals. Yay!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    arunion01 wrote: »
    I'm doing w1d3 today. Have to wait for it to cool off some humidity and heat index way to high to run right now. But after about 7 or so it cools off enough for me to run without much problem. Question tho. Is it better to keep a water bottle with you during runs? I usually just get done and drink a bottle of water then. Would it be better to drink some as I run?

When I was doing C25K I carried a 500ml bottle and would easily finish it by the end of the session. As I've adapted I'm now comfortable up to about 90 minutes without anything, longer than that I'll generally carry something.

Essentially there is no right or wrong answer, if you want to carry water then do so.

• CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm doing w1d3 today. Have to wait for it to cool off some humidity and heat index way to high to run right now. But after about 7 or so it cools off enough for me to run without much problem. Question tho. Is it better to keep a water bottle with you during runs? I usually just get done and drink a bottle of water then. Would it be better to drink some as I run?

When I was doing C25K I carried a 500ml bottle and would easily finish it by the end of the session. As I've adapted I'm now comfortable up to about 90 minutes without anything, longer than that I'll generally carry something.

Essentially there is no right or wrong answer, if you want to carry water then do so.

I carry water with me when I run, only a little bottle, but I find I need it and it doesn't get in the way or cause any problems. I'm a thirsty person (no, I don't have diabetes) and I find a few sips on the walking parts seems to help me cool down quicker.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    sleepigrl wrote: »
    Did it! W5d3 is done... I can run 2 miles! When I started in March, I couldn't finish all the 60 second intervals. Yay!

W5D3 is the killer! Once you achieve that, you really have a great sense of accomplishment. Congratulations!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    @samra338 - you're almost done. What makes the run enjoyable for you? I'm struggling with that right now. I really want to "like" running but I haven't reached that point yet for every run.

I got a running buddy! We are at the same level and push each other to just the right extent. We run together only one day of the week, but I really look forward to it. I also registered for our local park run, so it's something else to look forward to. I have run the same route since W1D1 and can see my progress visually, when I am past the familiar landmarks and keep going. I think it was W6D3 that I got the runners high! It was such a heady feeling...lol...
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Did Week 6/Day 2 this morning :) Tomorrow is a rest day, so looking forward to W6D3 on Thursday! My first 5K is on 8/1 and I'm already getting a little nervous about it. But I'm feeling much stronger that last month, so still lots of time for improvement. Happy Tuesday everyone :)
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Thanks. I placed a small bottle of gatorade at the end of my drive way and if I needed it I would pause just long enough to take a sip then sit it back down. Once the C25K set was done I continued to walk to complete my 10K steps and picked up the bottle and drank it while walking and it seemed to help.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    W1D3 last night showed me how out of shape I am. I normally run on the treadmill in my apartment, but our second treadmill broke and the whole building was attempting to use the one. After weight training and waiting around for an hour, I gave up and decided to run outside for the first time.

It was super hot and super hard. I'm supposed to start W2 tomorrow night. I'm concerned a treadmill won't be available again. Oh well, going to try to slog ahead!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I completed w4d3 last night and it wasn't pretty! I had to walk during the 5min segment, I even slowed the pace down by 0.5mph....... I realized that i can't go 3 run free days, it looks like i have a pattern of running thursday and not again until Monday. This week I will try better! Bring on W5D1....

Happy tuesday :)
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @sleepigrl - great job with w5d3. 10 min/mile is pretty impressive.
    @llduds - don't worry, you will be more than prepared for your 5k. Keep up the good work.
    @klmnumbers - running outside is different from running on the treadmill. Don' t let that discourage you from moving on to w2. Its ok to repeat w1d3 if you really need to, but I would suggest moving on to w2.
    @rebeccatherine - you are rocking this! great job.

So many new posters. Its very encouraging to read posts from the new runners and those almost done. Keep up the great work everyone :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    samra338 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Week 7 completed this evening :smiley:

I managed to keep going for a while after the 25minutes alarm went off, so I eventually ran for 28 minutes and 40 seconds. Feel so pleased with myself! But sort of annoyed at the same time as I didn't manage to keep going for 30 minutes. Hay fever was really bad, had to stop to blow my nose. So near but yet so far!

I'm really looking forward to starting week 8 on Sunday, but as I already know I can do 28 minutes, should I skip to week 9 , or stick with week 8?

Since each day is different and each run is different, I'd move on with Week 8. You can always add on to the running time if you feel like it. What are your plans after you finish the program?

(Also, I feel like I'm always blowing my nose every time I run! So annoying!)
    I had the same question. Since I'm doing the program by distance I'm running over 30 mins by default. Technically I've completed the program by time. I was contemplating if I should finish w7-w9 by time and focus on distance and speed later or finish by distance. I guess I'll figure it out when I do w7d2 today.

I would say try and finish by distance. Like people have been saying, i have noticed that the more I run, the faster I am.

Yep, finish by distance. I did C25k distance version, so when I finished I was running a full 3 miles, which took me way longer than 30 minutes!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I usually don't carry water with me unless I'm going to be running more than an hour or if the temp is really hot. It is important to make sure you are hydrated before and after you run. If I know I'll be running after work, I try to remember to drink water throughout the day.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    klmnumbers wrote: »
    W1D3 last night showed me how out of shape I am. I normally run on the treadmill in my apartment, but our second treadmill broke and the whole building was attempting to use the one. After weight training and waiting around for an hour, I gave up and decided to run outside for the first time.

It was super hot and super hard. I'm supposed to start W2 tomorrow night. I'm concerned a treadmill won't be available again. Oh well, going to try to slog ahead!

Running outside is WAY different from running on a treadmill. It is harder to regulate your speed and the ground isn't moving under you. You probably need to make yourself slow down more when you are running outside, even if you think you are going too slow already!
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    I completed w4d3 last night and it wasn't pretty! I had to walk during the 5min segment, I even slowed the pace down by 0.5mph....... I realized that i can't go 3 run free days, it looks like i have a pattern of running thursday and not again until Monday. This week I will try better! Bring on W5D1....

Happy tuesday :)

I finished the run last night... I've realized that I have to get my breathing pattern under control because that has been my main issue. Also, I can see how 3 run free days could be troublesome. I like the every other day routine. Good luck in week 5! I know we can do it. :smile:
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sleepigrl wrote: »

Great job! I start week 5 tomorrow and I am excited about it mixed with a little nervousness.
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    BLAH!! I actually never got the chance to do my W6D3 because I ended up with a horrible cold or allergy attack for days :( Maybe tonight or tomorrow. I HOPE!!! @KRPolo I think you may be right! It may be nice to just lump the running together and complete it all at once.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    No time to respond to each person, but you guys are rocking this! Keep running and have fun!

I will say that I didn't really start "liking" to run until after I had finished C25k and 5 to 10k and started just doing some "fun runs", not really worrying about speed or distance, just getting out there and running. I used to HATE running, couldn't manage 60 seconds without feeling like I was going to die! I ran my first half marathon in April. If I did this, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    W5D2 Done.