Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 COMPLETE!!! YEAH!!!! I wasn't sure I was going to make the 28 minute run but my HR was steady and my knee wasn't complaining (more than usual) so I just set my timer for 10 min, 10 min and 5 min and kept going. I think I might just graduate this week. :)
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W6D2 today. I haven't been able to squeeze my runs in every other day, and I feel like I'm not doing myself any favors.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done.
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    W1D3 done
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    Starting W2 today. Yeay...
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    W2D1 done.

I'm actually running. I had a personal trainer last year who started each session with the treadmill and I could barely walk at 5km/h. Then I ran on the beach in December but I ran for 30 seconds before stopping and I always felt dead. Chest would tighten, calves pull stiff. But today I jumped into week two and other than general fatigue I'm great. AND I'm actually running. :) .

NSV...
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    W5D1 completed yesterday. It felt great!

I had oral surgery today and as per doctors orders - no exercise for a week. The 5K I signed up for is in 10 days..
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    ellepribro wrote: »

I had oral surgery today and as per doctors orders - no exercise for a week. The 5K I signed up for is in 10 days..

Just go in to the 5k with the plan to finish and have fun. Hoping for a speedy recovery!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great.
    About 3 years ago I was working through my own self made C210K plan without realizing there were apps and plans you could download to a pc.
    So I understand every comment you make.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    ellepribro wrote: »

I think you got this. Just allow yourself to walk a little along the way. Sorry about the oral surgery. Life tries to get in the way sometime! LOL. My checkin. Supposed to try 8 2 today. Was actually 6 2 on my phone but decided just to go for it and ran for 30 minutes straight! HURRAH. So, distance total turned out to be guess what? 3.2 miles. Feel very good after torturing myself with taking every other day off. Mental *kitten* I got I guess. Hard to get over self flagelation if I don't DO IT EVERY DAY!!!!
  • rsamuelsgold
    Options
    W2D2 done
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    W8Day2 done! Man it is HOT here. Had to keep altering my route to find shady streets. One thing about this ap is that with the timer thing I don't usually run the same route all the time. When I was jogging every day I always ALWAYS took the same route. How boring. I am really enjoying exploring the neighborhood while jogging. And the "you are halfway" helps me to know when to start heading back so I don't end up too far away. LOL
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I did C25K in 2012 and have done partial ones a few times since. Starting fresh again tomorrow, wish me luck!!!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    ars371 wrote: »
    I did C25K in 2012 and have done partial ones a few times since. Starting fresh again tomorrow, wish me luck!!!

how did it go? I actually was SUCH a couch potato that the first week or so I have to admit I only did 15 minutes of them each day. I have one more run to make to "grajiate", but I have already started going back to some of the earlier weeks and using them to time my jogs out.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just completed wk 7 day 1. I'm running slower to make sure that I'm able to complete the entire run without breaks. I'm really enjoying my progress this time around but I do find myself anxious about my next run. I'm still embarking, however!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    DONE DONE DONE!!! I really did not think this ole gal (58) would be able to do this especially with my f'd up knee and leg but there it is. And I am still standing and walking. If I can do it, yall sure can too. :)
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W7D2 yesterday. I have a race on the 5th so I guess I'll "graduate" just in time. I'm bummed because it's a craft brew race and my friend that was going with me just flaked. So I guess I won't be doing the beer portion because I don't want to drink alone. Even though craft beer is the only reason I picked that particular race. :|
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    veggrrrl wrote: »
    W7D2 yesterday. I have a race on the 5th so I guess I'll "graduate" just in time. I'm bummed because it's a craft brew race and my friend that was going with me just flaked. So I guess I won't be doing the beer portion because I don't want to drink alone. Even though craft beer is the only reason I picked that particular race. :|

You won't be drinking alone! I'm sure there will be hundreds of other people drinking. Where is this race? Sounds like something I'd love!
    9xm2vewfv2fw.gif
  • mydustyroad
    mydustyroad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ars371 wrote: »

Good luck! I just restarted this week as well!!