Replies

• branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Restarted July 17

July 28
    Me: 6
    B: 6
    DBF: 5

@hillmike56 - I like that quote! Thanks for posting it.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Me: 23
    B: 5
    DBF: 12

@KnitOrMiss Thanks as always I thought the same thing on the phone and spent sometime on with instagram and believe I've have that as my road tool. Your one of the better writers that we have. But your so right we are a community of different styles each with a voice.
  • branbuds
    Restarted July 17

July 29
    Me: 7
    DBF: 6
  • hillmike56
    Me: 24
    DBF: 13
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    July 29

Me: 10
    Binge: 8*

DBF: 0
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Me: 22
    B: 8
  • hillmike56
    Me: 25
    DBF: 14
  • branbuds
    Restarted July 17

July 30
    Me: 8
    DBF: 7
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    hillmike56 wrote: »

@KnitOrMiss Thanks as always I thought the same thing on the phone and spent sometime on with instagram and believe I've have that as my road tool. Your one of the better writers that we have. But your so right we are a community of different styles each with a voice.

@hillmike56 - Thank you. I am blessed with recall of relevant data when others are in need. :) And definitely - the things that motivate each of us varies so much - not just from one person to another, but even from one day to another within the same person! Best of luck as you continue on...
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    B: 8
    DBF: 13

Struggling a bit tonight, but I think I'm going to get thru it. Just a few hours left...so I'm calling it a win.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    hillmike56 wrote: »
    Me: 21
    DBF: 10

@BarneyRubbleMD Thanks for sharing. I first read about BED and that it was a true diagnosis about 2 months ago here on this board. And I saw your checklist this morning on another post and I believe your the first that I've seen on this board that was medically diagnosed. When I joined this post back in November I knew BED as the discription from the BOARD THE BINGE. And after so many tries at getting to my normal BMI the BINGE was the thing that was keeping me from that goal. Though never more than a self-diagnose I am dealing with BED/BINGE by rewriting the HABIT. That like you comes from a trigger of eating late at night. Rewriting that habit helped me get to the normal BMI goal but haven't completed the journey because don't quite have it at maintenance mode yet which I've found a little more difficult than I thought. Look forward to hearing more about this journey of yours with the 87 lbs. And hope to share better a maintenance mode story by then than I can do now.

@hillmike56 ,

I was surprised to find a Binge Eating Support group here on MFP but glad I joined as I think my BED (Binge Eating Disorder) has been a problem for me for decades, even before I became diabetic (probably around '98 or '99). I just never knew I had it as I always called it "falling off my diet" when my diet attempts failed. I have also tried so many times to get my weight down to "normal" (& failed) and decided back in 2015 to have bariatric surgery only to have that cancelled by my insurance due to getting diagnosed with BED (in hindsight, that was probably a good move as I probably would have turned into a "grazer" & gained all the weight back lost from bariatric surgery). Now I'm just a few pounds above where I "stalled" back in 2015 & curious if I"m going to stall again (& need to move forward on my bariatric surgery efforts for VSG) or if my weight will continue to drop--I'm going that wait it out for a bit and see what happens over the next month or so before making any decisions on that front. As of today, I'm down another pound from last Wednesday making it 76 lbs lost for the year and hoping that trend continues.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about your maintenance journey as I don't have a clue how to get there or how to stay there IF I ever manage to get there, so, I hope you keep posting about it & participating in this group.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Me: 31
    Binge: 0
    Days Binge Free: 85
  • hillmike56
    edited August 2017
    Me: 26
    DBF: 15

@BarneyRubbleMD Me too I called it the late night munchies until after I got married. My wife had the best name "The Big Fat Rat" that came out at night when she was asleep. @lamlam2013 name really got me thinking about how to rewire it as a bad habit. And then an article here talked about BED and I was so glad science had given it a true diagnosis that so many of us here know. Here's to no surgery and a strong August!