New keto girl with 100+ pounds to lose....want friends

Options

Replies

• kalipocket
    kalipocket Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! Feel free to add me :)
  • PinkRainCloud
    PinkRainCloud Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started lazy keto January 2017, I am down 50 lbs. And I've been stalled for a few months, seems I keep gaining & losing the same 5 lbs. I recently analyzed and figured out my macros, so I'm now not so lazy. I'm hopeful things will turn around soon. I'm thrilled at how my clothes are getting looser.

I seem to go full force on one specific food for a long time....for decades it was chocolate. And now for the first time in my entire life, I crave bacon. I still hate the smell of bacon, and try to make it first thing in the morning and open all of my windows to air my house out. Bacon is what I've been eating everyday for....at least 6 weeks.

Feel free to add me!!! I am a good support person.
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    gambigirl wrote: »
    Hi yall.
    I am new to Keto and MFP. I need to lose 100 or more pounds. Not really sure what my weight is don't have a scale but will have on by Monday. I am keeping my carbs below 20 but it seems my calories that I need are quite high. Over 2100. I reduced that to between 1500-1700 daily. I'm trying to learn about this and it seems like I need to eat mostly fats? Does it matter what type? Bacon or Almonds?
    I guess there's a part of me that is scared this won't work. I'm on day 3 and doing ok Just a little down emotionally...
    I am trying to also learn how to not have my evening emotional eating / binge.....I would love to give and receive support.
    Thanks

Girl, I'm right there with you. My nutritionist worked it all out, and my calorie goals were 2080.

Here's a fun little tidbit about me:
    SW: 269.4
    CW: 247.6 (as of 8/4)
    Heigh: 5'2"
    Starting Date: June 27, 2017
  • Jessmyns_Journey
    Jessmyns_Journey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd day - my first day I was under 325 calories but over carbs by 15 net. Struggling to find balance. Feel free - anyone - to reach out and supply pep talks - advice - firm words of encouragement. LOL I lost 35# walking last summer but then winter hit & I didn't have the motivation anymore.... Then doc told me that I am 61.1# of body fat - now I don't even want to look at a carb or ice cream.... ug . LOL
  • kalipocket
    kalipocket Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm day 1 on keto and I have 100+ to lose too :) feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Yayforjessycuth
    Yayforjessycuth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we can all use a little support :)
  • Pamboudreau
    Pamboudreau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well!!!
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I would love to have more Keto friends! Anyone is welcome to add me!
  • loriereitz2255
    loriereitz2255 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is the best source for following a keto diet? I am ready (mentally) to get started!!
  • MamaEagleBoo
    MamaEagleBoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you on FB? There is a terrific group over there called Keto for beginners.
  • Keto_Tangie
    Keto_Tangie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please feel free, anyone, to add me. I am keto to manage T2 diabetes. I keep my diary open and am all about support from like-minded people!
  • jrgriffin82
    jrgriffin82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, today is my day 1 with 65-70 Lbs to lose. Feel free to add me, I could use some Keto friends.
  • Mintpafu
    Mintpafu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm in a similar situation (keto with 100+ lb to lose), feel free to send me a friend request (and anyone else!)
  • tanya_613
    tanya_613 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi - Im planning on starting on Sunday/Monday. I would like to loose at least 30lbs but more than that, I want to get toned, tight and defined.
  • Gina8978
    Gina8978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but have been Keto for a few months. Please add me!