Check In

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited August 2017
    On vacation this week! See you ladies when I get back, period is expected tomorrow, I took a test yesterday and didn't bring any with me. Disconnecting from ttc because I don't want to be obsessed about it when I should be relaxing, and this period will ring in cycle 6 which will be really hard mentally for me. Had drinks on the beach last night, thought enjoying ourselves so far!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Enjoy your very much deserved R&R @Kirstie155!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Happy vacation @Kirstie155!!!
  • Kirstie155
    Here's a fun update for you...my period still hadn't shown, I'm now 2 days (3?) Late. Fertility friend says I'm late, my cycle is at 30 days when it's usually only 27 at the longest. So much for leaving ttc behind :( we've been drinking so it's been so frustrating, I had already accepted that I wasn't pregnant this time around.

I had to drive 30 minutes round trip to get a pregnancy test Tuesday night and it was negative. Still no show now. Going to take another test today.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    How frustrating @Kirstie155! I was so excited reading the first part of your post. I don't think your drinking can do any damage until you have a positive test, don't worry. Keep us posted! Fingers crossed for you! Hope you're enjoying your trip regardless!
  • Kirstie155
    Thanks Amanda. Another negative this morning :(

I have no idea what's going on with my body. So much for relaxing!!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    @Kirstie155 Any news? I'm dying to know. :worried:

So, I totally slept in this morning and am skipping the gym. :sleepy: I'm pretty ashamed I only worked out one day this week. Tomorrow, I probably won't have a chance either. Also broke down and gorged on ice cream last night, the really bad for you chocolately brownie kind and slathered it in peanutbutter. And bacon and half-n-half are back on the menu. Just, craving high fat foods right now.

:grey_question: What nutrients do you ladies track on your food log pages to help you stay on point? I recently took down sodium and added iron. But I wish they had calcium on there or B vitamins.
  • Kirstie155
    I got my period a few days ago, after I took that second test. On to month 6 of trying :'-( this sucks
  • Alioth
    @Kirstie155 Ack! Sorry AF turned up.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    I'm back from vacation. The place we stayed at didn't have WiFi unless I went over and sat in the parking lot by the office. Our condo was out of range (it was across the street) so I only got a chance to go over there once in the morning. My sister ended up remembering she has a wifi hotspot on her phone but my kindle also didn't want to load pages either so I've just gotten caught up in the group. I hope everyone is doing well!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Hi ladies!! I'm sorry I was gone so long! I thought about you frequently, I just couldn't make myself login here. I hated pregnancy for the most part and at some point between the unending nausea and hunger I just said screw it and ate whatever I wanted/helped. Logging on here just made me feel guilty. I also generally avoided the computer at home the whole third trimester and just read and slept. Of course the result is that I gained 60lbs!!! At 4 weeks postpartum I still am 40lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight and 50lbs higher than a year ago.

I plan to slowly read through everything I've missed on here and catch up with you ladies. I hope you're all having a wonderful summer!
  • Kirstie155
    Hi @puffbrat we missed you! Details please, I wanna hear all about pregnancy and your delivery and your new baby! You'll feel back to yourself soon enough, dont be too hard on yourself, you just made a human!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @puffbrat I'm sorry pregnancy was rough on you but so glad to hear from you! You've been missed! =)
  • Alioth
    @puffbrat Welcome back! Sorry you had such a hard time the past months.

I'm struggling right now with having the will to work out. Everything from the lower back on down hurts from standing on concrete all day, every day. Limping when I walk is nothing new, but much harder to deal with since I stopped taking naproxen, aspirin, and a glass of wine after work. Going to the gym regularly reduces those pains after a few weeks. I know I need it. :D Losing 30 lbs would also work wonders!

It's so busy right now, I feel pressured to choose: "Exercise or laundry/cleaning/some sort of housework? Exercise or quiet time/sit down and eat? Exercise or spend time with the husband?" Instead of working out, I've been uselessly obsessing over TTC forums and BBT charts. *facepalm* I feel emotionally burnt out from having to be everyone's cheerleader at work. When I am home, I crash bigly. After a series of mini meltdowns on back to back days and being late to work due to sheer dread of interacting with other humans, I've picked cleaning/laundry/dishes again this morning.

I know all of you face similar challenges all the time. How do you guys balance the work/home life/TTC schedule?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Alioth do you have to be the cheerleader at work? What would happen if you just stopped worrying about those people?

Also my time saving techniques... do the bare minimum for cleaning. Only the main floor (or areas where people actually go) is kept tidy, and not even completely tidy (I have one spot on my kitchen counter than is a catch all for junk I don't know what to do with and there's another in the den). Upstairs is allowed to be messy. I don't dust or vacuum basically ever anymore unless I see it really needs it (with dusting I only do it if Chris's grandparents or my sister are coming over!). Do you have a dishwasher? Put EVERYTHING in it. If it's not dishwasher safe throw it out lol. Seriously though. I lost an ice cream scoop that way and am perfectly happy about it. And run the dishwasher everyday even if it's not full. Dishes are one of those things that it's easier to do often than not often and it's really the only thing I worry about when company is coming over. Seriously. If you're stressed, it's okay if not everything is perfect. Can your partner help you with the house stuff? Laundry? Buy an extra set of bed sheets and more socks and undies. Only wash thing if you spilled, sweated or if they've been worn 4 times or so (it helps kept the clothes in better shape too).

Eep Keith tapped my phone almost lost all that.

For exercise... would walking feel like both me time and exercise? Or can you turn other parts of your day into me time. Like... when I shower (before keith) I plug the tub and let it fill while i shower so I can have a 10 min bath at the end.

And you can also use a vacation day here and There! Or a sneaky sick day which I like to call "mental health days". Because mental health is important.
  • Kirstie155
    Ahhhhh! I have to reply later. Lizz, great discussion question!
  • Alioth
    @VeryKatie Welp, it's sort of part of being a boss and part of dealing with customers all day? Maybe I'm just making excuses.

Hmm, I really like your idea of having messy zones and clean zones. So that if certain areas aren't neat, it's ok and only certain areas are really important to keep perfect. I don't have a dishwasher though. The hubs regularly does housework, but he tends to ruin laundry and break dishes so I try to get to it first. Lol.

I still want to hear from the rest of you guys about your life balancing strategies. But I am feeling a lot more positive now. I went on a cleaning rampage through the house and threw out a bunch of junk. I made a huge pizza at work and ate almost the whole thing by myself. After I got off work, I slept for eleven hours. My joints barely hurt today after that long sleep. Since it's my day off, I actually made it to the gym...3 hours later than usual. I started to feel really guilty for sleeping in and being late (in my head) to the gym, but stopped myself.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Hello everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA. Lots of new change around my way. Also including my mfp username, it used to be Jackie0Marie.

I'm happy to announce that after 4 months of trying, I'm pregnant! Outside of close family, this is the only place I've announced. We are keeping it quiet until well into 2nd trimester. Today is day 1 of week 10.
    So far so good besides not being able to sleep. I was not expecting having to pee in the middle of the night and super sore breast SO soon. Lol. No extreme morning sickness, thank goodness! Just some nausea when I don't eat my next meal fast enough. I've carrying snacks with me to avoid that. Extreme fatigue as set in the last few weeks.

Unfortunately, my gym is in my garage. I live in Florida and do not have A/C in my garage, so I have not been able to work out. :( I have done some body weight exercises in my house and added some cardio. I just need to get consistent with it.

I started a new job around week 7, they don't know I'm pregnant. I'm nervous what their reaction will be when I have to finally tell them, but oh well, not going to worry about it.

I hope you all are well,
    Jackie
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @CursedDiamond Congratulations Jackie! =) Glad to see you back! How is the new job going? Are you liking it?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    @CursedDiamond congratulations!!! I love that we all tell each other here first lol.