• SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Congrats @CursedDiamond !
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! @VeryKatie lol I know right! The rest of the world/social media is in the dark, but I had to at least share with this group. :)

@WifiresGettingFit I like my new job. It's part time, but it pays well and I'm constantly busy (which passes the time quickly). It's an office job, so I *should* be able to work through the whole pregnancy. I have no idea what will happen after baby is born, but I have until the end of March to figure that out. I just feel like my boss will be totally annoyed when I tell him I'm pregnant. *shrugs*
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @CursedDiamond I'm glad to hear that you like your new job and that it keeps you busy. It's always nice when the time goes quickly while at work. haha I wouldn't pay any mind to how your boss feels. You're growing a human and that's an awesome thing!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Y'all I've been struggling pretty hard this weekend.

I haven't gotten my crosshairs yet because my sleep is *kitten* and my temps are weird because if it. I've been getting cramps in my legs and feet for a few months now that wake me up in pain in the middle of the night. So much pain. It's getting really bad and interfering with my sleep. So I'm tired, hormonal, and afraid I'm going to hurt all the time when I lay down...not exactly relaxing.

Cycle 6 has been a kick to my soul, and the only thing in this process that I can control is my data, and this month has been all screwed up! I was clinging to that data, and it's driving me crazy that I can't read my OPKs , my temps. This month I never got any positive opks, and my irratic sleep has screwed with my temps. I'm feeling super helpless and so so tired of ttc. I just want my baby and I feel like it's never going to happen for us.

I've spent the weekend pretty down in the dumps and crying. My poor husband just doesn't know what to say because, well...what do you say?

I love this community, and hope you each get your bfp soon. I might need to take some time away from this group though, I'm just super struggling and not sure what will help yet.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I didn't read this until after I posted about my own erratic temps! I'm so sorry you're having such a rough cycle. It sucks that we only have control over our data in this TTC effort and even then we can only observe, not drive it. Would you benefit from taking a month off of all the tracking? Are you taking any kinds of meds for your pain? Do you know what is causing it? Anyway there is nothing we can do to help, but endless hugs to you and I hope you can start feeling some hope again soon!!!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    So sorry @Kirstie155. I hope that you can find a balance to help with the stress of TTC. I wish we all had the answers to how to cope and keep our spirits up along the way. We'll all be here for you when you're ready to jump back into the community. Do what is best for you.

I was kind of sheltering my husband from all my stress (and crazy) about it and when I broke down with him and just vented and spewed thoughts and worries it seemed to help knowing that he knew exactly what was going on in my head. Like you said, there isn't much for them to say but to be there, but thank goodness they are there.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm so sorry you're having a rough time, I really hope things turn around for you soon! Take all the time you need, we'll miss you and we'll be here when you get back! Lots of hugs! =)
  • Alioth
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm sorry this cycle has been so rough on you mentally and physically with the leg/back cramps and everything. Praying for you to feel better and be encouraged! And get some rest! <3

I've lost 10 lbs since I quit drinking. Yay! 4 lbs since I got sick. Lol. First it was the UTI, then PMS, then a nasty cold. The hubs has been super sick with this chest cold thingy for 6 days now. So it's been soup and naps for us both whenever we're not at work. Not sure this UTI is really going away. I finished the antibiotic, but still have some symptoms. >__<; I'm keeping an eye on it. Will go see a doc if it's not really calmed down in a few more days. But I haven't been to the gym in aaages. I actually miss the gym! But doubt I'll get there soon. Got another call about a death in the family. This makes 5 deaths since March I think? 4 of them on my husband's side. He's really bummed. But we were joking around last night that the pressure's on to replenish the family tree.

Kinda wondering if my weight loss is shortening my luteal phase, or if it's always been short but I never knew? Weight loss does temporarily elevate estrogen. No way to tell right now. Cuz I'm not about to derail the weight loss train until I get back in the 140s at least. Telling myself to be patient.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I will miss you if you take a break! But it's totally understandable and important to recognize when you need to figure out something new.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Also update...

Haven't lost weight in a while... don't know what's going on. I'm only eating 2000 a day except about 2 times a week where I'm closer to 2800. I figure I should be losing about 0.5 a week at least if not more. Oh well. Some people don't lose while breastfeeding and maybe that's me. I don't have the energy to go more in-depth with counting (weight every little damn thing). So I just kept reducing my goal. But I'm also not willing to go lower than 2000 for my milk.

Getting the romance back... that I can feel. We set up our hot tub and it is romantic (even if not sexual). And we scarred Keith for life probably by getting frisky right beside him before church the other day (plus we were late lol).

Bring more active... um... still trying. I feel like I'm falling so far behind what is going on with everyone. Sorry all. Working on it... I don't want to be one of those people who only posts about themselves.

Exercise. Nope. Not till the backyard is done. I did strong lifts once. But Chris is always busy either with the backyard or sports so I don't ever get time since my only time would be when Keith naps but he only naps on me still. But hopefully the yard will be done this weekend!!! In time for my birthday maybe.

Goals for September will include getting Keith's routines down and starting some mild sleep training. We will start real sleep training at 4 months.

Just realized I meant to post this in the August thread. Oh well lol.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    CD5 here of cycle 7 and I think my thermometer is broken! There was nothing on the display screen this morning, and its happened before where it is hard to see, but today I couldnt see anything! Not sure if I should buy another or try again tomorrow, there is time to order another one...but I havent had this one that long and Im really cheap, lol.

So cycle 7 and pulling out all the stops. Eating a raw carrot everyday, drinking red raspberry leaf tea, BD EOD starting tomorrow or Saturday, using preseed, hips elevated after, wearing socks to bed to warm my feet, eating pineapple core after O (if I can detect it!) Am I forgetting anything, lol?

Work is about to get crazy, coming up to our busy season for sales and we had to let someone go on the spot yesterday for being unethical. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • SheilAnneSmith
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Is there any way to change the battery in it or is it a sealed unit? I say spring for a new on that you know if working correctly and accurately! Maybe it being on the fritz contributed to some of the erratic temps last cycle??

Good luck this cycle! It all sounds like a great plan of attack and have fun! Good luck and lots of baby dust your way.
  • Alioth
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Maybe do the hokey pokey as you turn yourself around? Haha. You are so hard core. On a more serious note, lemme know how the preseed works for you. I'm considering it for next cycle. (and maybe even the hokey pokey if proven effective. Heh.)

@VeryKatie Welp, maybe this is not the weight loss month but the sleep month for you and baby? Sounds like you're on top of things though. Happy birthday kinda late!

So, I started going to a Wednesday night fitness group for ladies at my church. It is low impact and low intensity mix of calisthenics and pilates. Really had a blast. It reminded me of how much I've been ignoring my upper arms and abs though. Gonna try it again this week.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just ended up buying a new Mabis and started temping again yesterday. WE have the windows cracked and its getting in the 50s at night, so my temps are lower than usual! The good thing is since my bbt died right after my period ended, I was able to swap to the new one before FW started, so I should have a pretty accurate chart this month (you dont want to change mid cycle.) @SheilAnneSmith I could have changed the battery maybe, but I didnt want to mess with it too much and then end up needing a new one anyway and missing days (waiting for it to be delivered later.)

I only ate the carrot once-keep forgetting. I have been drinking the RRL tea, but am down to one last tea bag so I need to go to the store. I also forgot to wear socks last night :o Not exactly sticking to plan, haha. @Alioth Im just so over ttc and am dying to be pregnant. CD1 is becoming harder and harder, and I just want to give it my best shot each month. Your fitness group sounds really fun :) I miss doing zumba, that was my favorite workout. Might have to try that again....

@VeryKatie Your update made me smile, Im glad you are getting back to fitness and romance! Your hottub and backyard sound amazing!
  • Alioth
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Kirstie155 That's great about the new thermometer. Maybe sometime I'll get a real BBT thermometer instead of just a digital fever one. ...But, ok, I'm really curious now. How does eating carrots and wearing socks to bed help TTC? Other than verse 2 of the old Irish folk song Carrots from Clonown.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Blarg, I took my tmep this morning but forgot to put it in my app...Im losing it hahah. Too hard to remember at 5am!

Lizz, they are both just old wives tales, but at this point, what the hell ya know? The sock thing is supposed to help implantation, and the carrots are to make a stronger or healthier uterus lining maybe? I forget that one. I added grapefruit juice, which helps your hormones and is so strong some medications have warnings about grapefruit interfering with their effectiveness! Im drinking a glass or two a day, and its gross so Im just chugging it. I have also added Mucinex to my repertoire, which does thin your cm (all mucous in your body, actually.) Mine is quite thick and could be helped with the "expectorant" (mucous thinner) ingredient. I think if its too thick, cm stops sperm instead of helping them swim, so with Mucinex, preseed, and drinking boatloads of fluids I should have the best environment for sperm EVER! :)

O date is expected on Saturday, fingers way crossed for this cycle since Ive gone full on fertility voodoo crazy :D
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 my fingers and toes are crossed for you this cycle, especially with all of that voodoo.

I'm pretty sure I'm out this cycle. My temps took a MAJOR nosedive this morning at 8DPO. Last cycle my LP was only 10 days so I think it's time for AF to show. My chart looks awful for this month and looks nothing like last month. I'm going to try the no-drinking thing next cycle so I can have a pretty chart and FINALLY try eating right. I never did that detox thing I was talking about due to lazy.

Here is my chart in case anyone has any insight or wants to judge my rocky temps.
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Alioth I forget where you posted it but great job losing 10lbs!