Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Best of lucks dear Brittdee88 :)<3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone. I haven't been over here because I'm doing two meals a day now -- a postworkout meal and a "regular" dinner. I don't see myself going back to OMAD again for a while, at least not as long as I am working out. But thanks for all the support! Best of luck!

Best of luck to you too <3
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Hi, everyone!
    Thank you so much for the messages! I'm just now seeing them because I just finished a weeklong foundations class for my doctoral program and was suuuuuper busy.
    If you all don't mind, I will definitely keep updating even though I am following "TMAD" (?) lol. I have found this to be the perfect WOE for me that has been a complete no-brainer, and I have visibly lost inches. Maybe I will come in every month or so? I don't want to confuse anyone!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Please keep us posted, Britt! We don't care, and anyone new to your thread will see what you're doing now. So happy you've found what works for you! :)
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, Sandy!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Yes Britt, I think this community is supportive of the process and what works for each individual. I agree with Sandy in being happy that you found what works for you. Please keep us posted.
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, Tracey :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Awesome Britt - so great that you've found something that works so well for you!!
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    how are you raw meals going? I barely done 1, total fail on my part, raw is life
  • brittdee88
    edited August 2017
    Hey, @x3nomorph! They're not really going right now. Once I remembered that I tried it in conjunction with OMAD and failed miserably in the past, I decided against it. For now, 1/3 of my first meal is raw, but I plan to increase that month by month until I get to mostly raw.
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    sounds like a plan
  • brittdee88
    Today is an unintentional OMAD day! I woke up this morning and just decided to fast until dinner.
    I am thinking about throwing in one OMAD day each week for this upcoming month, which I may reserve for Saturdays since that is when I allow desserts. Limiting sweets to one meal seems like an easy change that might result in a little loss, and September is weight-focused month for me.
  • minigrrll
    Sounds like a great plan...
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @minigrrll!
  • brittdee88
    I'm back!

After gaining a bit of weight this month (0.8), I have decided to do a mix of the other program I was following with OMAD. August was not a weight loss-focused one at all, and the focus on fitness helped me to lose inches and drop a pant size! Now I want to see some scale movement this month!

September Goals:
    Clock 10K steps at least 4 days/week (I found that 5 was too hard for me to sustain once school started)
    Complete bodyweight resistance training every other day
    Follow OMAD on less active days
    Follow TMAD on active days. One of these meals will be high-raw.
    Sweets allowed 2x/week

I am hoping these dietary changes will result in a decent drop this month. I will be weighing in weekly.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Sounds like a stellar plan, Britt! 0.8 gain is awesome for a none weight focused month, that's great! :)
  • minigrrll
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I'm back!

After gaining a bit of weight this month (0.8), I have decided to do a mix of the other program I was following with OMAD. August was not a weight loss-focused one at all, and the focus on fitness helped me to lose inches and drop a pant size! Now I want to see some scale movement this month!

September Goals:
    Clock 10K steps at least 4 days/week (I found that 5 was too hard for me to sustain once school started)
    Complete bodyweight resistance training every other day
    Follow OMAD on less active days
    Follow TMAD on active days. One of these meals will be high-raw.
    Sweets allowed 2x/week

I am hoping these dietary changes will result in a decent drop this month. I will be weighing in weekly.

0.8 sounds like a solid maintain to me!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @wsandy8512 and @minigrrll! Of course I wanted to see a drop, but I will take loose jeans and lost inches, too! I hope that will help inform my maintenance plan when I get to that point. Last month's eating was super duper easy. I want to get to 147 by the end of September, though, and I know I only lose weight through food changes. I hope those are enough to give me that drop, but I am opening to adjusting. 147 was my highest weight in college (I never thought I would get higher than that back then but alas...), and I am determined to get there!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Sounds like a good plan and you also now know you can maintain without it being painful!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @blambo61! You're exactly right. :)