Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• watyatink1419
    watyatink1419 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BBG week10 abs done! Oh boy! It was a killer!
  • pupsalot
    pupsalot Posts: 73 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So 11 weeks and I'm losing steam. Got up this morning, warmed up and started and then quit. The second I started jumping around I just got annoyed. I'm so tired of jumping. So instead I just lifted arms and a little legs. Today just confirmed that I will be doing a different program after the 12 weeks.

Edit because half my post disappeared.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can try the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels? It's only 20 minutes but 3x 10 days of the same for 30 days - but the body transformation is highly effective.

Update from my side - I don't have a bathroom (it's being renovated and the builders are taking their sweet time) - this means I'm without a shower, I can't cook or do the dishes, so I'm spending my evenings mooching off friends and can't really plan a workout because I need to go according to their timetables. I hope they'll be done soon!!!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @pupsalot you've done brilliant, everyone is different when it comes to exercise, that's why there's so many programs out there. I really like insanity and T25.

Yesterday was week 3 arms and abs, I struggle so much with this day.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    @Piqueaboo I cannot imagine having no shower after a workout!!!
  • katelaurel390
    katelaurel390 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I haven't checked in for awhile..but I'm back! :) My roommate and I have been doing BBG since June and we got up to Week 9 - but she went on vacation with her family from Aug 17-28, then I'm out of town from the 30-Sept 4 - so minor break from the normal schedule!!

I've been doing other workouts while she is gone - signed up for a bunch of classes at my gym, alternating between Total Body Conditioning and Barre, my favorites!

Once I'm back from my vacation, we'll be re-doing Week 9 and then continuing with the rest of the program. Planning to take a week break (maybe) and then finally going to try out 2.0!!
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I am starting Week 1 of pre-training today! I've attempted the program before and then burned out pretty quickly, so I'm excited to have found an accountability group :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Welcome @LC0924 - happy to have you here!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Hi @LC0924
    Week 4 today, started with total body, had zero energy but pushed through, and glad I did
  • emilybalkam
    emilybalkam Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hey, guys!!! I started back at college yesterday and was so tired I only managed to do abs but I'm doing BBG in a sec (Week 6 day 1). Let me tell you, all of this is worth it. All of the girls in my sorority that I didn't see all summer came up to me and said: "OMG YOU LOOK SO FIT". I'm so happy with the results. Today I woke up and can actually see distinct abs!

Finally :)

Hope everyone's week is off to a fabulous start!

I never get notifications for this thread though so I forget to post :/ Anyone else have this issue?
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    @emilybalkam if you press the little star at the top right hand side at the top of the thread you should get notifications. Amazing that you're getting visible results already!!
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I just started BBG last week and love the idea of a motivational check-in.
    I haven't been doing them on the correct days but I'm just doing the next one in the plan on whatever day I workout on next.

My plan is for week 2 arms tonight!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Hi @KelseyRL I don't do the exercises on the planned days always, some days I work until late and don't get chance, so do them on the days I have time.
  • KelseyRL
    Options
    Did Week 2 Arms and Abs tonight, as planned. Really proud of myself that I stuck to it and got it done. I've struggled with home workouts in the past.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Week 4 arms and abs tonight yay!!
  • KelseyRL
    Options
    Great job @mrssunshine78! It feels so good to get it done and cross it off the list!

I did HIIT today (and by HIIT I mean C210K which just has me walking and running) and it also felt amazing when I was done! My motivation can come and go sometimes but it's definitely here right now!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    I'm the same with motivation too, at the moment I'm quite motivated, this morning I've signed up to run 50 miles over the month of September!! That'll be a huge achievement if I manage it!! Well done on your run @KelseyRL
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    The guys should be done with my bathroom hopefully today - it's been 2 weeks now including one broken pipe which resulted in a flooded apartment - I am SO ready to finally have a normal life again, get back on the horse and just do it. Also, it's finally cooled down here so exercising outside is an option again!
  • mclandry89
    mclandry89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Week 6- Full Body tonight + LISS! Can't believe I start week 7 on Monday!
  • KelseyRL
    Options
    Completed week 2 Legs and Cardio today! The only other day I think I'll be able to fit it in is Saturday as I'm working double shifts all week, but I'm usually okay with myself if I can get 2 a week.