Introductions

Options

Replies

• mspotts90
    mspotts90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there, My name is Shandie. I have been on and off MFP for 5 yrs. I have a 192 streak right now! I have about 6 lbs left to lose. My baby just turned a yr old. I am having a hard time finding time and energy to workout b/w working FT and mothering.
  • WendyB1211
    WendyB1211 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Wendy and have been on mfp since 2014. I am a mom of two boys ages 12 and 16. At my heaviest I was 170 lbs (after the birth of my second son), which on a 5'3" frame wasn't so pretty. I dieted and exercised and was able to get down to 117. Unfortunately, the last 10 years have been nothing more than a roller coaster ride with my weight...I ballooned up to 161 lbs in 2014...then down to 137 lbs in 2015...back up to 149 lbs in 2016. This SUCKS! My doctor just recommended the Whole30 diet, so I won't be able to weigh myself until April...which is nerve wracking! My goal is to weigh 117-127.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello, moms! I have a 2 year old son at home and in December 2016 my second son was stillborn at 39 weeks. So I'm working off the baby weight without a baby this time around. I am 5ft 8in and 193lbs at the moment, and I'm aiming to lose another 15-20lbs. I was about 213 when I came home from the hospital. I'm somewhat grateful to focus on getting healthy as a project to help me process through some of the grief in a positive not-drowning-my-sorrows-in-ice-cream (or booze) kind of way. But it's all still hard.
  • trailsinlife
    trailsinlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been around MFP for awhile but I always drift away without someone holding me accountable. If anyone would like to chat, let me know! We can encourage each other.

I have a daughter who is 11 and a son who is 1. I'd like to lose about 50lbs to start and see where I'm at and then re-evaluate my goals. I started keto 2 weeks ago and I'm down 11lbs. This way of eating seems like something I will be able to do long term which is nice. No more yo-yo dieting.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Tricia, I'm 32 from Southern California. I just gave birth to baby #5 three weeks ago. OB gave me the easy exercise clearance and so I'm back at it! Could use more friends!! Feel free to add me! Thanks! ☺️
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am a 40yo mom of an 11yo daughter. I lost about 30 lbs last year using MFP and then quit smoking. YAY! I'm 11+ months smoke-free but unfortunately, I gained back all of that weight over the last months. I'm back to logging and have a goal of getting back to the gym in 2 weeks once my surgery is done. I was a member of a daily accountability group that has gone dormant so I thought I would join a new group and found this group of active ladies! Looking forward to getting to know some of you!
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Greetings, fellow Moms!
    I'm Sarah. My peak weight was somewhere in the low 220s, but I'm not sure on the precise measurement because I had this head-in-the-sand notion that if I didn't know how much I weighed I wouldn't have to say I weighed that much when asked, haha! I had got down to 209 by the time I got pregnant with my daughter. I ate very cleanly during my pregnancy, and, once I'd recovered from the delivery enough to care about my weight, I found I'd lost 10 lbs or so over my pre-pregnancy weight.
    I maintained at 195-190 lbs without tracking or restricting for the last 2 years. In April I began tracking my intake and activity so I started losing weight again, and I'm aiming for 140 lbs or a US dress size 8. I'm planning to take a maintenance break for 3-6 months when I reach 175 lbs.
    I do have a bit of a binge eating problem which is my main focus this year.
    Let's support each other and meet our goals together!
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Im Lisa im 32 and i had my daughter Caitlin on Christmas morning last year. Shes almost 7mos old. I had wls in 2012 got down to 200. Gained some after a couple surgeries so when i got prego i was around 230. I gained 30 which i lost by 2wks pp. Since then i eat everything and anything so im up to 267.
    I hate being fat but love food.
  • ashleyselland
    ashleyselland Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Ashley. I am a mom to two girls - 2.5 years old and 10 months old. I have been logging for over a month now and was hoping to get more involved in the forums now. I've lost almost 8 lbs in this time trying to eat meals without carbs (so basically adding more veggies to my diet) and exercising. A few days ago I hit a weight I haven't seen in over 3 years, so exciting! I am working on losing weight, getting better posture, and becoming stronger. :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm Tanya and a mom to 2 kids. My daughter is 10 and my son is 3. I have been trying to loose weight on and off since the birth of my daughter. I recently just started back up and hope this time is for good. I have about 30 lbs to loose. My goal weight is 135. Feel free to add me!
  • JillPleaz
    JillPleaz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm Jill from Canada. I'm 26 and a mom of a 21 month old son and a 3 month old daughter. With my son the weight came off fast and easy and this time it's being more stubborn. I've got 40 Ibs to lose and want to gain muscle so I came keep up with my crazy kids haha.
    Feel free to add me. Would love some more mom friends.
  • lexfair85
    lexfair85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am Lexi a 32 yr old mom of 2. I am into fitness but soooo bad at staying in calorie limits! Looking for friends and motivation to stick with it and resist snacking on my kid's food...!!!
  • BrianneTC
    BrianneTC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom of 5 looking to lose my baby belly! Desperately need motivation and encouragemeny as I'm a bad chocoholic and fat good junkie, and am mostly inactive during the day.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm the mom of an adorable 4.5 month old boy. I gained 60lbs while pregnant and am still holding on to most of them. I had lost about 30lbs before getting pregnant and really want to get back down to that size. Feel free to add me.
  • alex1080
    alex1080 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a 37 year old Mom of 2 (3yesrs & 7 months). I have about 80 lbs to lose. Still did not lose any of the baby weight from the 2 pregnancies. In a desperate need of motivation & encouragement. Would love to find a Mom friend to share our daily struggles together & try to motivate & inspire each other to loose the weight.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m Marian. I am 34 and just delivered my baby girl 3 weeks ago. I have lost the first 23 of the 32 pounds I gained with this pregnancy, and I have set a goal to lose at least 36 more by the end of the year. I am breastfeeding and really want to maintain my supply, so I’ll be taking it a little slow to make sure I maintain enough calories. As soon as I get the all clear from the doc I’ll get back into Pilates, so until then it’s walking. Good luck, mamas!
  • GymGirl565
    GymGirl565 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello im a 38 year old mum of two (5 and 2 year old) from London. Lost 1.5 stone in first half of lasy year using MFP but lost my motivation after the summer and have since gained 2 stone ... so am looking to get tjat off again, I did it last time without joining any groups or communities on here, this time around Im going to try to be a bit more social
  • Spiralspinner
    Spiralspinner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mom to a wild almost 4 yr old. I have about 100lbs to lose as I lost myself in PPD.
    Trying to eat right and get on track.
  • AleLue_1
    AleLue_1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP again! My name is Alex. 29 year old mom of 2 (7 yr old girl & 3 yr old boy). My youngest has low functioning Autism. SW 180lbs. CW 177lbs. My short term goal is to weigh 175lbs by next Friday and workout twice a week. Long term is to weigh 130 by Xmas. Feel free to shoot me a FR! Needing motivation and mom friends! Trying to stay on track over the summer!
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! it's been a ROUGH year (or 3) and I've gained quite a bit of weight. I need to lose at least 100 pounds (but realistically more like 130 or 140).
    Mom of 3 really active boys, my oldest is on the spectrum and really runs me ragged as does the suuuper active 3 year old. Had some pretty serious PPD after #2 and never really recovered from it, so between too much wine and emotional eating- here I am.
    I'm just trying to stick to a diet plan for now (low carb) as exhaustion has me spending all my spare minutes power napping. Hoping once I lose some weight I can get back into exercising. So far the scale is moving in the right direction, 5.5 lbs down this week and I am motivated. Looking forward to getting to know you all