Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I saw the beyond meat products online and they seem good to try but I can't find them in my area.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    That sucks that they aren't available :(
    But you definitely can go wrong with half salad, half veg. Sounds super yummy!
  • tlblanksfit
    I saw online that they have the Beyond Meat products at Target. I may swing by and get some this weekend.
  • brittdee88
    edited September 2017
    Today's OMAD taken a little after 6:00 PM (I have given up on eating earlier in the day):

907nkr338h5t.jpg

Was feeling pretty nostalgic, so I made an adult "school lunch."
    BBQ "beef" sandwich (@tlblanksfit I used Beyond Meat crumbles for this! I get mine from Target, by the way :) )
    Salad
    Tater tots
    Mango-coconut chia pack
    A slice of loaf cake
    A glass of red
    Not pictures: a small glass of OJ used to take a multivitamin

I'm still savoring my wine now, but I am feeling very satisfied and happy to be back on the OMAD wagon. Next Friday will be the start of my birthday challenge, so my goal for this week is to just get back in the habit of strictly eating OMAD after a week of ad libitum eating while in evacuation.
    Happy Friday, everyone!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Meal looks great. Ya, I eat at 5pm. It's great because I get to eat with the family. I can imagine how good it feels to have your kitchen back and to be in control of what you're getting to eat. Welcome home <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Chia Squeeze? I must look that up and that tray brings back the memories :)
  • brittdee88
    @katjustkat It feels AMAZING. I definitely underestimated the importance of that.
    @Brendalea69 yes! Have you ever had chia before? It's a seed that becomes sort of jelly-like when hydrated. GREAT source of omega-3s! I know some people don't like the texture, but I think it's good, and the flavor of these packs are amazing. I get them from Target, and the Cartwheel app has had them on sale in the past :)
  • katjustkat
    Yes...even coming home from a vacation makes you feel like a queen in the kitchen. I can imagine the feeling of....what kind of a kitchen am I gonna come home or will I even have a kitchen.
    I used to put chia seeds in my smoothies, then I got hubby hooked and I quit and he's been doing it. They're supposed to help keep you hydrated too.
  • brittdee88
    @katjustkat exactly. I really was afraid that I wouldn't have anything to come home to. Maybe this was the motivation I needed to start getting creative again in there.
    And I absolutely LOVE chia!

• brittdee88
    Today's OMAD:

l630kba7aagh.jpg

Leftover bbq "beef" made into tacos with salsa and avocado "crema"
    Salad
    Leftover Caribbean-style rice mix from evacuation
    Corn
    Loaf cake
    Mango-coconut chia pack
    Fresh coconut water
    Not pictured: glass of red

I also ended up having a couple more spoonfuls of rice and another sliver of cake. I don't know why I was extra hungry today because I really didn't do much of anything.
    I am thinking of facing the scale tomorrow to see the damage. I'm scared, but I have to face it some day, and I want a baseline for the birthday challenge I'm starting next Friday.
  • brittdee88
    I couldn't fall asleep until very late this morning and ate another piece of cake and some Starbursts. As Joe says, I am not going to beat myself up, and I am back on OMAD today.

Woke up to 156.8 today, which is 3 lbs up from the start of the month. This is actually not as bad as I thought it would be considering the volume of food I ate while in evacuation and all of the associated stress. Stress has a double impact on my weight: I want to eat everything in sight, and I tend to retain a lot of water when I'm super anxious.
    In an ideal world, I would like to be back down to 155 by Friday so that I can start my birthday challenge with a nice round 30 pounds to lose (plus it's just catchy... 30 by 30 :# ). We'll see!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    You will get there. My biggest enemy also is stress. If I'm stressed at work and need to work long hours, I can eat really bad.
  • brittdee88
    Thanks for the encouragement, @blambo61 :)
  • brittdee88
    Today's OMAD was a fridge cleanout meal:

42ardp0c5yg2.jpg

Burrito bowl with all of the leftovers from yesterday and some kidney beans
    Loaf cake with raw vegan Nutella
    Glass of OJ
    Not pictured: 2 starbursts I ate while heating up my food (I have to get these things out of my house!)

I couldn't make it past 4:15 today, but I am not too worried. I am exhausted, so I will likely go to bed before I can even think about having a craving.
  • katjustkat
    Stress...probably the after effect from all the unknown trauma. As long as we get back on the horse we'll get to where we're going. We're human and I don't know about anyone else but this weight thing is pretty much my biggest challenge in life...so I never expect it to be easy. You're doing great, you have a great track record. Giddy up! :)<3
  • tlblanksfit
    I picked up some beyond meat beefy crumbles and grilled chicken strips yesterday. I am thinking of what meal I will fix first.
  • brittdee88
    @katjustkat definitely stress!!! I still have some residual anxious behaviors hanging around, but I am calming down.
    @tlblanksfit awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Also check out the Beyond Meat website -- they have some cool recipes on there :)
  • brittdee88
    Today's OMAD, eaten around 6:15PM:

cln6gr0we3la.jpg

Huge salad with homemade blueberry vinaigrette
    Pineapple with homemade chamoy
    Raw vegan nutella
    Not pictured: handful of raw sunflower seeds and a glass of red

Today's meal was fully raw because I just cannot seem to escape my desire to become a raw vegan. At least once a week I start researching how to make raw eating a way of life for me.
  • brittdee88
    Today's raw OMAD, eaten around 6:45 PM:

xi9firsui5mv.jpg

Cucumber noodles ("coodles" just sounds weird to me, LOL) with avocado alfredo sauce
    My version of bruschetta made with dehydrated flax crackers smeared with sunflower pate and topped with avocado, onion, tomato, and spices
    Pineapple with chamoy (doesn't really go with the whole Italian theme I had going on, but I LOVE fruit and chamoy)
    Glass of red

I have decided to eat raw 5 days a week. I woke up today feeling much lighter and significantly less bloated even after just one day. I just feel so much better eating raw foods.
    I'm going to eat cooked foods on the weekends (unless I have to rearrange days) to keep food costs down and to get my starch fix. It's also more likely that I will attend social events on the weekends, so it will be easier to just eat cooked food then. I have events to attend on both Friday and Sunday, so those will be the cooked food days for this week.
  • brittdee88
    Today's raw OMAD, eaten around 7:15 PM:

yea6frbntxe3.jpg

Dehydrated flax crackers with guacamole and sunflower seed pate
    A young coconut
    Not pictured: glass of red

I didn't eat much of the pate, but I finished everything else.

Oddly, I was not hungry at all today until right after 6. Unlike many other raw vegans, I actually am eating high fat foods because I know I thrive on fat, so I am wondering if that has done something to impact hunger/cravings.
    I don't have the event tomorrow anymore, so I am planning on putting together some raw spaghetti and meatballs for tomorrow's OMAD.