Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    SUPER excited to report today's weigh-in! I looked back at my posts and realized that I didn't come into this thread to update with my accurate weight on Monday.
    My scale was giving me all kinds of strange numbers on Monday morning, so I went ahead and recalibrated it and found that last Friday's weigh-in of 156.8 was wildly inaccurate. I came in at 159.2 on Monday after recalibration, which honestly made more sense to me. I am someone who can easily gain 10 pounds in a week when I am stressed and stress eating, so the fact that I had only gained 3 in evacuation was very confusing to me. This solved the mystery.
    In any case, I am back down to 154.4 today after 3 days of raw vegan OMAD, and I will be starting my challenge thread shortly!

Nice! Some veggies might be better cooked but as you say, you can cook those or find other substitutes of raw stuff you like that has the nutrition in it.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Love your raw meals! I should really do some research and try to incorporate a couple of raw food days a week. I'm pretty close some days, but I do have vinegar on my giant salads (and sometimes cheese) which I'm presuming isn't considered raw (the vinegar I mean, obviously the cheese is out!)... I could easily make a dressing with avocado and tomatoes and cilantro and fresh chilies and water though.
  • minigrrll
    And outstanding job on the weight loss!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    @minigrrll you could always switch out your distilled vinegar for raw apple cider vinegar! And yes, I actually prefer the raw dressings I make at home. They're super simple and tasty :) Let me know if you try it.
  • brittdee88
    edited September 2017
    Today's OMAD, eaten around 7:40:

go7oazwqehf4.jpg

Copycat BJ's cauliflower taco made with gluten-free vegan flat bread
    Corn
    Stewed beans
    Roasted brussels sprouts
    Quinoa, black bean, and corn salad (picked this up from Whole Foods and it was soooo good!)
    Watermelon essence sparkling water
    Vegan flourless chocolate cake topped with date syrup
    Glass of red

This meal was delicious! I tried to recreate a meal I had from BJ's Brewhouse a while back, and I think it was successful. I added in the corn, beans, and sprouts to get rid of leftovers.

I couldn't eat more than a few bites of the cake. It was SOOOO rich. But it was really delicious, and I am happy that I am getting back to baking. I used to bake every week and thought I wouldn't be able to anymore when I found out I was allergic to wheat and became vegan. This proves I can still bake! I just have to get the proportions right when dealing with egg replacers and gluten-free flour and stuff.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Yummm! Now THAT'S a meal! I think I would have started with the cake and fit it all in >:)
  • brittdee88
    Haha! Thanks, Kat!
  • minigrrll
    Looks amazing. At least 4/5 hours until I can eat! :'(
  • brittdee88
    How did your meal turn out, Sarah?
  • brittdee88
    Today's OMAD, eaten around 6:30PM:

wzz05mfla6ia.jpg

Coconut curry vegetables
    Tofu pad see ew
    4 veggie rolls with extra ginger (I went back for 3 more!)
    Salad
    White wine

SO yummy! We had dinner at my professor's house, and she ordered from a Thai-Japanese fusion restaurant nearby.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Both of those meals look to die for!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited September 2017
    Yep ..your order in definitely looks better than mine.
    Too funny that you live in Kendall. We lived in the 'Towers of kendale Lakes' on the golf course. I think was there for 11 years. It was hubby's bachelor pad. Daughter went to Bent Tree elementary school...BOY were they strict there!! We left after hurricane Andrew...and after Pa Am folded. I still go to Shorty's by Dadeland every time I visit my mom in Pompano...gotta get me some of that corn on the cob swimming in butter! >:) Funny...ate that probably once a week and never went over 121 pounds...hmmmmmmmm
  • minigrrll
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    How did your meal turn out, Sarah?

It didn't! I just ate a bunch of bits and pieces... Going to do better this week for sure... :)
  • brittdee88
    They were both super yummy, Steph!
    Kat, that is so funny! I actually live right around the corner from Shorty's!
    Sarah, you will be back in the swing of things now that you're home :)
  • brittdee88
    Today's OMAD, eaten around 6:30PM:

k63qd3s87w05.jpg

This was super tasty!
    Huge bowl of zucchini noodles topped with nutballs (almonds, sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomatoes) and green "marinara" sauce (sunflower pate, spirulina, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, shallots, and a date)
    Huge bowl of my raw version of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey (frozen bananas blended with date syrup and cacao powder topped with chopped pecans)
    Glass of red
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Oh my that "chunky Monkey" looks awesome.
  • minigrrll
    That whole meal looks awesome!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, ladies!
  • brittdee88
    Today's OMAD, eaten around 6:05PM:

vk3giz94kc5k.jpg

Cucumber and tomato salad
    Flax crackers
    Raw pecans dipped in date caramel
    Young coconut
    Glass of red

Yummy!
  • minigrrll
    Looks yummy. I have no idea what date caramel is, but I can guess and I bet it's delicious. I love dates so very much... In fact they are a bit dangerous to have in the house as we eat them way too quickly!