What are your stats? Prior and now

Options

Replies

• bizygirl1
    bizygirl1 Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    HI, I had RNY 4/29/2015. I got down to 154 from 230 but in the last year have slowly climbed up 20 lbs. I'm alone and I work a lot at a desk job long hours. I've been catching myself eating when I'm not hungry, snacking, and eating things I shouldn't. I listened to Dr. V on You Tube but have gained 5 lbs since drinking the smoothies in the morning. I'm going back to basics and I could use some support. If there is one thing missing in my life it is support. I'd welcome any feedback and friendships with others that have had WLS. Thanks!

Height: 5'3"
    HW: 260
    SW: 230
    CW: 173
    GW: 130
    Surgery date: 4/29/2015

Current Weight: 173
    Current Size:
    Tops: M/L
    Pants: 4/6
    Shoe: 8
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bizygirl1 wrote: »

Current Weight: 173
    Current Size:
    Tops: M/L
    Pants: 4/6
    Shoe: 8

Wow! You and I are the same height, and at 173, I'm a size 14 pants. Even at 135, I'm a size 8. I don't think my bones can wear a size 4/6. I'm just jealous! ;) You'll get there. You've logged back in and know what to do.

• Lgcoulter33
    Lgcoulter33 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My name is Laura. I am currently in my 6 months of supervised weight loss and diet by my primary care doctor for surgery. Halfway through my 2nd month actually. I attended the seminar August 2nd, but got started on the 6 months in July. Not sure if I am going to get the sleeve or bypassing yet, I won't know until I have my consultation with the surgeon in mid September.

Height: 5'4 1/2
    Sw:339.9
    Cw:327
    Pants: 22/24- 26/28 depending on the maker. (I only wear stretch pants.)
    Shirt: xl-2x depending on who makes it
    Shoes:10.5w or 11
    Ring: 10

This is my second time going through a big weight loss. I lost 140 pounds total from 2010-2013 and kept it off until just this past year. I gained it back between November and June. Between pcos and insulin resistance and stress and a horrible metabolism, it was all just too much at once and despite doing what I'd been doing and ramping up the workouts, i kept gaining. I'm doing this to kick the pcos once and for all. I'm working with my pcp, a personal trainer, a counselor, and a psychiatrist. I also have hypothyroidism and aspergers syndrome.
    I've got a past history of anorexia and bulimia as a teenager, and my ex husband also starved me. I'm hoping that doesn't disqualify me for surgery.
    I know I can do this because i don't use food for comfort and when I'm sad or depressed or angry eating is the last thing I want to do. I don't think about things the way other people do. I just eat because it is a requirement to live. If I get busy doing something I sometimes forget to eat. I try to get to 1200 calories a day though. I know that as it gets closer to the surgery I have to reduce even more. I'm ready. Sorry for the long post. I tend to ramble too much...
  • MZ_GAR715
    MZ_GAR715 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was 314 when I started pre-op liquid diet. Got to 302lbs on surgery date. At my 2 weeks post op appointment I had lost 18 pounds from surgery date. I’m 3 weeks post op and I’m 280.
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Update:

HW: 282
    SW: 278
    CW: 237

4 months post-op. My 2x and 3x shirts are getting big, and my size 24 pants are baggy. Size 22 pants fit, but are a little loose. Size 20 pants I can SQUEEZE into, but I’m not there yet.

I have my 6 month post-op appointment coming up in November. Hopefully I’ll have some measurements to update.

☺️

• khall1985mfp
    khall1985mfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 2/13/17
    Age 32 (currently)
    Height: 5’5”
    Highest weight: 285
    Surgery weight: 260
    Starting clothing sizes: 46-48 waist, XL-XXL shirts
    Current weight: 175.5
    Current clothing size: 34-36 waist, Medium shirts

Biggest change? I actually like exercise. Instead of spending my days off laying around watching tv I go to the gym, run at the park, or ride my bike and still have energy to hang out with my friends.
  • BBWmomma
    BBWmomma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    RYN on 8/29/17
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest weight: 320
    Weight at surgery: 292
    Size: Women's 3X
    Last Weigh In 10/4/17: 252

Current: Next weight is 12/6/17
    Shoe 7 1/2
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    RNY 10/31/11
    Age 31
    Height: 5’3
    Highest weight: 310
    Surgery weight: 310
    Current weight: 168
    Starting clothing sizes: 3X shirts, I think I was a 24 in jeans
    Current clothing sizes: Size small shirts, size 8 or 10 jeans depending on the maker, medium dresses.

RNY was the best think I ever did for myself. I confess, I gained 47 lbs back between 2015 – the beginning of 2017. I was working two jobs, 80 hours a week. There was no time (or energy) for exercise and I actually relied on the sugary starchy foods to keep me awake. Nov 2016 I booked an 8 day cruise for the end of August 2017 and I promised myself I’d get healthy and lose this weight in time to have the fun I know I could have (and certainly deserved). I cut back to 70 hours a week and joined Planet Fitness because although I much prefer my home workouts, I wasn’t going to do them if I was working so much. BUT, if I got to the gym I’d get it done. A couple of months later I cut back to 60 hours and switched back to mostly home workouts and rotated the gym for the days I felt like I wasn’t going to make it. I’d lost 20 lbs by the end of February but I hit a wall. I ended up doing a free trial and then subscribing to a year of Beachbody on Demand. Beginning of March I started Insanity Max:30 which completely changed my whole game. It ended right in time for Shaun Week which I completed, and then started round 2 of Max30. By the 4th of July, I’d hit what (I thought) was my goal of 175 (my initial weight before the regain was 170 – 175). My workout setup this time was different than the first time; the first time I was all cardio. This time there was a lot more research involved and I do a lot of bodyweight exercises alternating with my SelectTech weights. I tracked my calories ever since the beginning of my journey (with the exception of the week I was on my vacation). I feel like this is all relevant information because it’s proof that WLS is not a fixit, not a guarantee. If you don’t use it right, you won’t succeed. Extra skin notwithstanding, I love my body now and I feel so much better than I used to.
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle, and I am having VSG on Friday. I am really excited to get my tool. My stats are:

5’1.5
    HW: 282 (2013)
    CW: 261
    Day 8 of clear liquid preop diet

I have been on MFP for about a year and a half. I lost about 40 pounds last year, but I gained it back. After losing and regaining several times, I decided I need an edge, and I think VSG is it. Wish me luck!
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Trailtramper74 , good luck with your surgery, and congrats on taking this step for your long-term health!
  • jnmalsch
    jnmalsch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Prior to surgery: FEB2014
    Weight: 330
    Shirt size: 3x
    Pants size: 24
    10.5 shoe.

7 months post op my smallest SEP 2014
    Weight 199
    Shirt Size L
    Pants 14
    9 Shoe

Current: NOV 2017
    Between 299
    Shirt: 2x
    Pants: 24
    10.5 shoe

Lost on how to lose the regain. I started gaining 8 months post op and never stopped
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @jnmalsch , go see your original surgeon and his staff, and get follow-up help. Unfortunately, it is common for bariatric patients to regain; that's why most bariatric practices have aggressive follow-up services. You don't mention what type of surgery you had. Personally, I had a lapband installed in 2008, which then had to be removed in 2012, at which time I had a gastric bypass. I had a Golden Year, where I lost over 100 pounds, but then I have had to fight hard for every pound I've lost since.

Either you need help in utilizing your current tool, or you need a different tool. Please go see your surgeon and enlist his/her help in determining your "next steps."

Good luck! Please continue to post, so we can follow your progress. Please "friend" me if you feel like it.
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi all