40s anyone?

Options
fit_chickx
fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
Nothing happens overnight. The change in my body has suprised me. I'm 48 and have a better fitness level than I did in my twenties. It has taken me two years lifting to get where I am. I'm always learning. Raise a glass to older women who lift!

Replies

• giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wow! Major MFP issues here. It keeps throwing me off!!

Champagne flute in hand to each of you!

Now let's see if this post disappears
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
  • dulcitonia
    Options
    How many days week do you 40 somethings strength train?
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I usually do arms twice a week and legs twice a week . I do cardio on off days
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I usually do full body twice a week, then at least one workout DVD of cardio/ dumbbells another day, to get in some accessories.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I’m 43 and hoping to only get better and stronger as I get older! It’s all uphill from now on ladies! ;)

That being said, have any of you noticed any changes or challenges in recovery times and how you plan your workouts? Or something you are more mindful of? I most likely just need to plan refueling, rest, sleep etc. better but I go through lulls in energy and now learning not to push too hard, all the time. I wonder if any of it is *ahem* age-related or just all part of training. I also recently switched to a HIIT & circuits type training and maybe it’s more taxing on my body atm than I realized... Nobody said you necessarily get smarter as you get older lol

Cheers!
  • dulcitonia
    Options
    Thx for the responses. I've strength trained twice a week for a year. I was thinking of going to change a cardio day to another one but I still get way sore 2days after..
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I do heavy weight training only twice a week. I also run once per week, do interval training twice a week and swim once a week. Sometimes I insert a short swim after the weights as well as it really helps prevent injury. As I have gotten older I have noticed that lots and lots of warm-up/stretching ids the key to injury prevention and also that I need to alternate heavy and light days to prevent burn out.