RUNNERHANNAH'S ACCOUNTABILITY 140-120

Replies

• RunnerHannah
    RunnerHannah Posts: 24 Member
    So day 2, a little backwards... Usually I wait until dinner to eat but I ate at like 10am today haha, which is fine. Im going to try and fast for 36 hours till 5pm tomorrow. I didnt weigh myself either because it slipped my mind but my meal was a bunch of veggies and noodles and im stuffed. Im tired as heck today so probably just going to lay around and not do much either but whatever. I want to do a few full day water fasts every now and then.

I saw another poster on here i think it was TLBLANKSFIT - who set a goal date and whatever weight they are on that day is where they will maintain. So I am going to set mine to 1/1/2018 and that will be whatever weight I maintain at. Im literally so sick of trying to lose weight, and its not that I look bad (in clothes) but i want to be fitter and stronger and I can do that without counting calories and stuff. I think I want to do OMAD for the rest of my life though, or at least 90% of the time because it is very easy for me to not eat all day and have whatever I want at night.

I think i need to just stop counting calories, honestly and just eat OMAD because I eat super healthy (usually) only a clean vegan diet so i feel like when I have a calorie goal, i add in more foods to get my calories higher when in reality i would just be stuffed eating a huge salad, a few potatoes some fruit and nuts...

What do you guys think?
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    sounds like a plan!! =) ... and whatever works for you, and helps you feel yr best, then stick to it =)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Hannah, I think that is a great plan. The more natural we can make our plan for ourselves, the more likely we will be able to stick with it long term. I am glad you decided on a date for maintenance. I had to do it because it is so easy for me to go keep going up and down and be on the weight loss roller coaster losing the same few pounds over and over. I am determined that this will be my final weight loss journey and I am using OMAD and the IF tools to maintain my healthy weight for life.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You should be ok without counting calories :)
  • RunnerHannah
    Hannah, I think that is a great plan. The more natural we can make our plan for ourselves, the more likely we will be able to stick with it long term. I am glad you decided on a date for maintenance. I had to do it because it is so easy for me to go keep going up and down and be on the weight loss roller coaster losing the same few pounds over and over. I am determined that this will be my final weight loss journey and I am using OMAD and the IF tools to maintain my healthy weight for life.

Ok i will try, im pretty addicted to it so hopefully i can stop :)
  • Brendalea69

I used to count carbs and then I stopped doing that and started counting calories and I hated it...In one meal your very unlikely to eat too many calories :)
  • RunnerHannah

I used to count carbs and then I stopped doing that and started counting calories and I hated it...In one meal your very unlikely to eat too many calories :)

ok so you didnt count calories either? Your success is amazing Brenda <3
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I don’t count anything other than amount of hours fasted. I try to make it to about 21 or so hours every day. Though I do let even that slide on the weekends when we have drinks until late.
  • Brendalea69

ok so you didnt count calories either? Your success is amazing Brenda <3

No only when I started maintenance and I hated counting so I stopped..You can search through the threads on here to see samples of the meals some of us posted...They are posted in the threads called Show Us Your Meals Or Describe Them and on my thread called Brendas OMAD Journey...It will give you an idea of the sizes of some of our meals :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    So day 2, a little backwards... Usually I wait until dinner to eat but I ate at like 10am today haha, which is fine. Im going to try and fast for 36 hours till 5pm tomorrow. I didnt weigh myself either because it slipped my mind but my meal was a bunch of veggies and noodles and im stuffed. Im tired as heck today so probably just going to lay around and not do much either but whatever. I want to do a few full day water fasts every now and then.

I saw another poster on here i think it was TLBLANKSFIT - who set a goal date and whatever weight they are on that day is where they will maintain. So I am going to set mine to 1/1/2018 and that will be whatever weight I maintain at. Im literally so sick of trying to lose weight, and its not that I look bad (in clothes) but i want to be fitter and stronger and I can do that without counting calories and stuff. I think I want to do OMAD for the rest of my life though, or at least 90% of the time because it is very easy for me to not eat all day and have whatever I want at night.

I think i need to just stop counting calories, honestly and just eat OMAD because I eat super healthy (usually) only a clean vegan diet so i feel like when I have a calorie goal, i add in more foods to get my calories higher when in reality i would just be stuffed eating a huge salad, a few potatoes some fruit and nuts...

What do you guys think?

I don't count cals and i eat during a 4-hr window. That has worked for me. I try to eat healthy also. I do allow a little bit of treats. I do 16:8 for maintenance and eat a large salad for lunch (or I will gain if it is anything). Longer fasts will almost always backfire for me but some have been able to do that successfully.
  • blambo61
    For those of you that run. I run at the end of my fast but I have to take something before I run or I will bonk after about 30-minutes. Coconut oil works and doesn't cause an upset stomach. UCAN superstarch works and doesn't cause an upset stomach. This week I tried just regular argo corn starch and it worked just fine and doesn't cost nearly as much as the superstarch. I feel better about using it than coconut oil also so that is my 30-min before run pre-meal (about 50-g of cornstarch mixed with water). Tastes gross but I can run hard for an hour on just that and not bonk and have no stomach issues. I can't run in the mornings and fast after that because i get too hungry. Read about glycogen storage disease and it's treatment with corn starch or the superstarch (they are a slow release carbohydrate that done't spike insulin much and allows people with that disease to sleep at night without having to get up and eat or go hypoglycemic and die). The superstarch is just hydrothermally treated corns starch that makes it even a slower release carb. I only need energy for an hour or two when i run so the regular stuff is good enough for me (and MUCH cheaper).
  • RunnerHannah
    blambo61 wrote: »
    For those of you that run. I run at the end of my fast but I have to take something before I run or I will bonk after about 30-minutes. Coconut oil works and doesn't cause an upset stomach. UCAN superstarch works and doesn't cause an upset stomach. This week I tried just regular argo corn starch and it worked just fine and doesn't cost nearly as much as the superstarch. I feel better about using it than coconut oil also so that is my 30-min before run pre-meal (about 50-g of cornstarch mixed with water). Tastes gross but I can run hard for an hour on just that and not bonk and have no stomach issues. I can't run in the mornings and fast after that because i get too hungry. Read about glycogen storage disease and it's treatment with corn starch or the superstarch (they are a slow release carbohydrate that done't spike insulin much and allows people with that disease to sleep at night without having to get up and eat or go hypoglycemic and die). The superstarch is just hydrothermally treated corns starch that makes it even a slower release carb. I only need energy for an hour or two when i run so the regular stuff is good enough for me (and MUCH cheaper).

Interesting, I run first thing in the morning and I havent had any issues. I think if I tried to run right before breaking my fast or after eating I wouldnt be able to do it.
  • RunnerHannah
    Had a 4 hr eating window today, I think I am going to let myself have a 4 hour window 2 times a week. I have decided to quit drinking except for the special occasion, it just doesnt do me any good on my goals of getting fit and down to my ideal weight plus it seems to be affecting me a lot. Even if I have 1 drink I feel so tired and *kitten* the next day.
    We will see how this goes.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I think you have made a good decision on the drinking. I ended up having a 4 hour window today as well.
  • blambo61
    edited October 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »

Interesting, I run first thing in the morning and I havent had any issues. I think if I tried to run right before breaking my fast or after eating I wouldnt be able to do it.

If what your doing works for you, I don't see any reason to change but if fasting, after running in the mornings, becomes difficult, give it a try, you will be amazed. I just got back from doing a 6.25-mile run after fasting about 20-hrs and all I had before it was two heaping tsps of the corn-starch in some water about 15-minutes before I ran (probably 80-kcals or so). Zero stomach problems (try not having any issues eating that close to the run and then doing a moderately hard run). Ran 9:22-min/mile pace. Was mostly flat with some gradual slopes (about 4500ft' elevation). I did start to bonk a little in the end which I think I could have overcome with 1-more scoop of the stuff (I'm still experimenting to find the right amount).
  • Brendalea69
    Had a 4 hr eating window today, I think I am going to let myself have a 4 hour window 2 times a week. I have decided to quit drinking except for the special occasion, it just doesnt do me any good on my goals of getting fit and down to my ideal weight plus it seems to be affecting me a lot. Even if I have 1 drink I feel so tired and *kitten* the next day.
    We will see how this goes.

Good plan :)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    I dont count cals anymore either,,, i find it too much of a pain in the *kitten* and i start to panic that im eating too many calories and then cut back toooo much. so i just stopped.
  • RunnerHannah
    weight 138.4 today. I decided to do a 4 hour eating window instead of one meal a day. At 3pm I have a fruit smoothie with some greens in it. And then dinner I have my large meal at 5-6 then a dessert / snack later around 6:30 and im done eating by 7. This was how I lost a lot of weight before. I just cant wait that long to eat first of all and I cant eat ALL my calories at once because the food I eat is so high in volume and low in calories I end up starving.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Sounds like a good plan. I’ve kind of evolved something similar where I have a salad with some cheese and nuts or an apple with peanut butter at about 4 and then eat my dinner later around 6 or 7. Seems to work well for me as it aligns with when my partner walks into the house and has to have a snack after work. Then I can leisurely have a glass of wine and make dinner later and I’m not super hungry.
  • blambo61
    If it works and is sustainable, do it! I think everyone has slightly varying needs. Good luck!