New Keto-er - What the heck do I order at Starbucks? HELP!!

124»

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    I'm really only a fan of their cold brew. 16oz, unsweetened, with heavy cream is what I order.
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    I know there have been a lot of posts on here and you should have a good idea of what you can have. I just started KETO but have been pinning keto related sites on pintrest for awhile. Anyway there is an article you can google that says how to order keto at starbucks.
    Today I had a cold latte with heavy cream sprinkly of mocha and whipping cream. Not bad if you like coffee.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    I always did the iced Americano with hwc, a little tip, order the heavy cream on the side, they will give you a small cup of it and you can add as much as you like. then tend to be very heavy handed with it not realizing how a little goes a long way. on the side you can control the amount and keep calories more in check. also adding any of the sugar free syrups will give you sweetness if you are looking for it.

I also used to get the chai tea (brewed, not the latte) and add hwc and suger free vanilla, tastes just like the chai tea latte but lc and cheaper. you have to specify brewed chai tea or they will make the chai tea latte with the added cream and syrup and you'll want to vomit.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @auntstephie321, I do the same with the chai tea at Tim Horton's (I get free hot drinks on patrol - don't judge me, lol). Works like a charm.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    I always did the iced Americano with hwc, a little tip, order the heavy cream on the side, they will give you a small cup of it and you can add as much as you like. then tend to be very heavy handed with it not realizing how a little goes a long way. on the side you can control the amount and keep calories more in check. also adding any of the sugar free syrups will give you sweetness if you are looking for it.

I also used to get the chai tea (brewed, not the latte) and add hwc and suger free vanilla, tastes just like the chai tea latte but lc and cheaper. you have to specify brewed chai tea or they will make the chai tea latte with the added cream and syrup and you'll want to vomit.

It’s not about the calories kids, it’s all about insulin. Any sweet stuff, sugar free etc, is going to cause a insulin spike and weight gain to occur. This why diet products are totally ineffective when it come to weight loss.
  • auntstephie321

It’s not about the calories kids, it’s all about insulin. Any sweet stuff, sugar free etc, is going to cause a insulin spike and weight gain to occur. This why diet products are totally ineffective when it come to weight loss.

calories still count regardless of woe, and with a full cup of hwc added to a coffee it can really add I huge chunk to your daily intake.

Your statement about "any sweet stuff, sugar free or not" causing weight gain is false.

Diet products don't work because they simply don't work, most are garbage and always have a disclaimer to be used with diet and exercise which many don't include and think taking a pill is all they need.
  • wanderinjack
    A) Insulin causes weight gain. B) Sweet stuff causes insulin to rise. Do the math
  • auntstephie321
    A) Insulin causes weight gain. B) Sweet stuff causes insulin to rise. Do the math

Theres way more to it than that. Eating more calories than your body burns causes weight gain. Insulin stores glucose in excess of what your body is burning then when your body needs that fuel for activity it is pulled from the fat stores.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Neither American nor Italian here. I like my coffee strong, but not burnt, and black. I never know what to order at Starbucks! So I don't. To my surprise, McCafe has a pretty good coffee. Liquid desserts? A whole 'nother topic.
  • wanderinjack

Theres way more to it than that. Eating more calories than your body burns causes weight gain. Insulin stores glucose in excess of what your body is burning then when your body needs that fuel for activity it is pulled from the fat stores.

Yeah that usually pisses people off but if there’s one thing that’s been proven oven the year of different diets it’s that it not about calories in calories out. Dr Fungs book The Obesity Code lists numerous studies that confirm this find and that it insulin that is the problem. If it was as simple as calories in calories out the diet industry would be very different than it is today.
  • Twinklestarr1981
    Twinklestarr1981 Posts: 10 Member
    I order a French Vanilla sugar free latte with Breve’ when I occasionally allow myself to go there. You can also order an all American I believe too that’s low carb. I’ve found my coffee I make at home and/ or take with me is just as good- I make in my keurig green mtn caramel vanilla cream k Kup , Targets caramel macchiato or green mtn’s French Vanilla k Kup, 1 Tblsp of MCT oil, 2 pumps of my Starbucks sugar free vanilla syrup, and 2 tblsp of heavy whipping cream. If I had a foam frothing thing at home I’d really be in heaven, maybe someday, lol. Sometimes I switch up the sugar free syrups and or add in pumpkin spice or cinnamon depending on th day. Good luck! Ps-if at restaurants they don’t have HWC-use half n half. Bless ya!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    I order a venti sugar-free cinnamon dolce, no whip, no classic syrup, with whole milk or unsweetened almond milk.
    It's so rare for me as the nearest starbucks is several hours away. I don't usually otherwise have artificial sweeteners in my diet. It's a very rare treat :)
  • auntstephie321
    I order a French Vanilla sugar free latte with Breve’ when I occasionally allow myself to go there. You can also order an all American I believe too that’s low carb. I’ve found my coffee I make at home and/ or take with me is just as good- I make in my keurig green mtn caramel vanilla cream k Kup , Targets caramel macchiato or green mtn’s French Vanilla k Kup, 1 Tblsp of MCT oil, 2 pumps of my Starbucks sugar free vanilla syrup, and 2 tblsp of heavy whipping cream. If I had a foam frothing thing at home I’d really be in heaven, maybe someday, lol. Sometimes I switch up the sugar free syrups and or add in pumpkin spice or cinnamon depending on th day. Good luck! Ps-if at restaurants they don’t have HWC-use half n half. Bless ya!

sbucks sells a milk frother, it has a base it sets on then put cream in and the lid on and it heats and froths then stops when done. We got one with our verismo machine, it's great and can be purchased on its own.
  • auntstephie321
    If you live near a Starbucks that does the nitro cold brew I'd try that too it makes it creamy and frothy without adding anything to it.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Dr Fung is great and all but he’s a bit contradictory for my taste. He can’t say calories don’t matter and at the same time write posts like this one talking about avoiding the energy (calorie) dense fat bombs and BPC.
    https://idmprogram.com/who-needs-to-avoid-fat-bombs-and-bpc/
    He knows total intake matters. It’s just not ALL that matters and that’s what causes the confusion.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Sometimes, I get a double tall breve latte.