OPEN DISCUSSION - LET THE FUN CONTINUE!

Options

Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    Wt. tracker I tried to do my final weigh in. I am so excited. I broke out of the 130's and finished the race at 129.8 and it wont let me log it in. What a race.

I reactivated the weight tracker. I'm also considering extending it (leaving original starting info) but putting new dates on the left again.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wt. tracker I tried to do my final weigh in. I am so excited. I broke out of the 130's and finished the race at 129.8 and it wont let me log it in. What a race.

I reactivated the weight tracker. I'm also considering extending it (leaving original starting info) but putting new dates on the left again.

That's great it will push me bit harder too be good
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Thanks

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer If you decided to extend it can you add my name back on?
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 - Any chance of a Summer Race, or are you and @MissionEnforcer still on a much needed break from organizing races?

Hope you had a great Spring! I've missed the racing, as I could use the additional motivation to get my behind off the sofa!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :D
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to announce that the Summer Amazing Race has been cancelled.
    Keep up with all your fantastic work!
    :)<3:*
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Boo! But thanks for letting us know. ;)
  • b3achy
    Options
    Bummer, but understand. :/ Know they take a lot out of you to put them together! Have a great summer! B) And thanks for letting us know!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging around here hoping for another race!

Anyone else still interested? This was one of my favorite challenges and it totally kept me motivated.

Perhaps we can put together a planning group to potentially launch a new race after the holidays? It doesn't need to be just one or two people doing all the work.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I'm still hanging around here hoping for another race!

Anyone else still interested? This was one of my favorite challenges and it totally kept me motivated.

Perhaps we can put together a planning group to potentially launch a new race after the holidays? It doesn't need to be just one or two people doing all the work.

I’m up for it Rae, would love to have another one!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    An Amazing Race in the New Year would be great! @MissionEnforcer and I would be happy to do a Spring Race and I'd love to be a participant in a winter one! :)
  • Tazieisland
    Tazieisland Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do the Amazing Race again. I have limited time to help plan, but would do what I can.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I would love another race, happy to help plan it @RaeBeeBaby
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely give it some more thought and put some ideas together over the next week or so. Probably after Thanksgiving. Any and all suggestions, help, volunteers would be most welcome!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I would be in too
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to hop on and say I'd love to do another Amazing Race too! This was the one challenge that I actually stuck to, and I think a lot of that went into the fantastic planning! The challenges were so well thought out and fun, and those spreadsheets --- oh my gosh. I can't imagine the time and energy that went into formatting those bad suckers. It was so great accessing the sheet and comparing team scores, or having that proud moment when I checked off a challenge.
  • b3achy
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I had already privately prodded Hawkins about another, and good to see others would like to restart this challenge also!! It really helped me to get out there and get off the sofa knowing a team was counting on my exercise minutes.
    And since I'm more so in maintenance all the "lose weight" challenges aren't doing much for me right now, and I need something to keep my activity levels up as I go through ebbs of personal motivation.

@RaeBeeBaby you do make a good point...if we all gather together and make it a team effort to do it, maybe there'll be less burden on just one person (or two) to continue it and do all the work.

If we have some guidelines (number of videos, number of challenges, types of challenges), I think a bunch of us could each put together a week of challenges for a certain location, and then be responsible for the questions for that week (does this count, does that count, can I do this instead, etc).

I've already offered to Hawkins to build out a week (or two or three) for locations based on places I've been (or doing research on places I'd like to go). We could even have people showcase their hometowns...I have a whole pirate themed one that I was thinking of for January (as it's our Gasparilla - the beginning of the pirate invasion in Tampa (festivities last for weeks/over a month)...argh!).

Some thoughts for locations I think I could put together:
    Hometown Spotlight - Tampa (Gasparilla/Pirate theme (with some Cuban themes thrown in) - especially in mid to late Jan)
    Turkey - Might be fun for around Christmas, as the guy who St. Nicklaus is based on was Turkey where I lived for a year...ironic given it's now a Muslim nation, so they don't celebrate Christmas, per se. (Though I'm not sure anything could beat that NYC Rockettes workout that we did last year.) I don't know what I'd put together for this but it could be interesting.
    South Pacific Islands - someplace I've always wanted to visit, so would be fun to do some research on the culture(s). Not sure if it would be a focus on one island or do some island hopping to get enough put together.

The biggest thing is having an overall organizer to direct leg lengths (so the next location isn't too far or too close), review the weekly challenges (to be sure they meet guidelines), put together teams (and refill teams as people drop), and do the spreadsheet...though it seems like you could have a few people be put in charge of each area too.