Santa Sprint! Week 3 (12/15-12/21)

2»

Replies

• bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    results for 12/19
    Log :)
    Net Carbs under 25 :)
    at least 30 minutes of exercise :) walked / jogged a 5k. I can tell I'm losing inches because a few weeks ago my belly was going "flop flop flop" but today it was just "giggle giggle giggle"
    plan tomorrows food :) I have a dentist appointment for a crown, so I'll just skip lunch and have a snack when I'm done. dinner is burgers on keto buns (with avocado of course)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    All day I've been trying to figure out a way to eat something that's not on my plan. I log it into my food diary, check the carb count, then get mad at myself and delete it.
    I think it must be an emotional thing because I'm not really hungry. So far, I haven't cracked, but I'm struggling with this and feel anxious.
    I really want to get this weight off. Wish me luck.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    elize7 wrote: »
    All day I've been trying to figure out a way to eat something that's not on my plan. I log it into my food diary, check the carb count, then get mad at myself and delete it.
    I think it must be an emotional thing because I'm not really hungry. So far, I haven't cracked, but I'm struggling with this and feel anxious.

You can do this, remember you are seeing you son in a day or two and also you can feel proud of yourself and resist. <3
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    elize7 wrote: »

Hold in there! You've got this!
  • bozmo
    results for 12/20
    Net Carbs under 25 :( OK, I totally caved into temptation today. I blame the 3 hour dentist appointment. When I got home I really just wanted a beer and kick back, so I did. I gave myself permission for a couple of them. My cheat weekend is coming up and I have been really looking forward to it. In the morning I knew it was only two days to go and I had it. Oh well. @elize7 you can hang in there. I'm not sure my cheat was worth it in the end.
    at least 30 minutes of exercise :( dentist cut into the daylight hours
    plan tomorrows food :( I'll have to plan in the morning. I have enough good choices in the fridge.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    @elize7 you can do this! Perhaps make a treat for yourself (or better, buy it) that fits in your plan and isn't high carb. Something you genuinely enjoy. Your body will probably feel better and more satisfied and your mind will follow. I freeze some coconut oil with a bit of cacao and stevia and this usually takes care of any sweet cravings I have, but I'm sure there are yummier things out there that can make you feel nourished and happy!
    What is your favourite food that fits your plan?
  • bozmo
    results for 12/21
    Net Carbs under 25 :)
    at least 30 minutes of exercise :( nope
    plan tomorrows food :) salad with hard boiled egg and bacon for lunch, and appetizers for dinner

tomorrow is the first time I will weigh myself since I started on the 5th.
    Then I'm taking a break for the holiday weekend. Christmas party tomorrow, star wars on saturday (with popcorn!) and of course christmas eve and christmas.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Yesterday: kettlebells
    Today: step aerobics
    100% month to date on 30 minutes/day. o:) 10 days to go.
  • bozmo
    wooohooo! My first weigh in after almost 3 weeks. I lost 7 pounds!
    I must admit I was hoping for more after all my hard work. But I need to be realistic. I'm a 50 yo woman and its the holiday season. Just not to gain ten pounds is a big effort. And for anyone who says "its mostly water weight" - you are probably right and I don't care. Take a gallon jug of water and strap it to your belly and that's what I am no longer carrying around!

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you so much for your support through the season!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    bozmo wrote: »
    wooohooo! My first weigh in after almost 3 weeks. I lost 7 pounds!
    I must admit I was hoping for more after all my hard work. But I need to be realistic. I'm a 50 yo woman and its the holiday season. Just not to gain ten pounds is a big effort. And for anyone who says "its mostly water weight" - you are probably right and I don't care. Take a gallon jug of water and strap it to your belly and that's what I am no longer carrying around!

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you so much for your support through the season!

YAY! Great job!
  • kpk54
    Excellent @bozmo! I doubt many here poo-poo loss of water weight. It all counts. I know I was glad to get that big gallon jug off my belly...that big belly in one of the pics in my profile. SMH at that big belly. So nice to be able to bend down to tie my shoes and have the bow on top versus the side. Little things I noticed and need to always remember...
  • bozmo
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Excellent @bozmo! I doubt many here poo-poo loss of water weight. It all counts. I know I was glad to get that big gallon jug off my belly...that big belly in one of the pics in my profile. SMH at that big belly. So nice to be able to bend down to tie my shoes and have the bow on top versus the side. Little things I noticed and need to always remember...

Funny you mention tying your shoes. Thats when I knew it was time to get serious about weight loss. It was an effort each morning to tie my shoes. My arms had somehow gotten shorter and I was having trouble reaching them. Its a great little victory to tie them (almost) comfortably now!
  • kpk54
    12/22: Yoga
    12/23: 3 mile walk to grocery store for molasses
    12/24: kettlebell
This discussion has been closed.