Leslie Sansone January 2018 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that Nick from the walking workouts was an actor and a singer! He's been in music videos and TV shows:

http://flow40dance.com/faculty/nick-drago/
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    1/1... 11,057 steps
    1/2... 10,879 steps
    1/3... 11,471 steps
    1/4... 11,857 steps
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    January 4th: 4 miles - Jessica Smith Walk & Talk, LS Happy Walk, 1 mile with Nick, Jessica Smith 10 minute speed/ interval mile (all on YouTube). Walk Blasters Flexibility Walk (cool down/stretches)

First time doing a Jessica Smith walk. Talk about surprising my muscles :o .

:flowerforyou:
  • laurenisfitforlife
    laurenisfitforlife Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jan 4: 1 mile - walk away the pounds :|
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Bounced over the Jenny Ford's YouTube page for a Malibu Marching workout. It's -4 degrees here and I was so cold that it took nearly the entire workout to warm up.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    1/1 2 miles Strength and Stamina, Kelly Coffee-Meyer, 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge; Leslie
    1/2 2 miles 5 Day Slim Down, Leslie
    1/3 3 miles 15 minute Fat Blasters, Jessica Smith
  • AnnofB
    Options
    2018 Goals:

- 50 miles a month (hoping for more, as I'm gonna monthly, but want at least 50).

Currently doing the 6 week challenge with Nick, well the first day was with Nick.. it looks like the rest of the week, I could do whatever I wanted, as long as it fell within (or more) than the above guide/schedule

I also decided to make a little hand written calendar/use a calendar to write my goals, etc for the year on. Short little 'prizes' for myself if I reach them. I'm not trying to stress out this year LOL!

This week:

Mon (1/1) - 1 Mile w/Nick
    Tue (1/2) - 1 Mile w/Nick, 1 Happy Mile w/Leslie
    Wed (1/3) - 1 Mile w/Nick, 1 Happy Mile w/Leslie, 19 minute walk (1.08 mi)
    Thurs (1/4) - 1 Mile w/Nick, 2 Mile w/Leslie, 10 minute walk (0.5 mi)
    Fri (1/5) - 1 Mile w/Nick, 1 Happy Mile w/Leslie

This is in addition to my regular walking/steps for the day.. I'd say I've been averaging about 3 miles a day everything included.

This is why I can't wait for my new battery to get here (ordered on Amazon, as I don't have a way to the shops) so I can use my garmin vivofit 3 again and get a better look on the "extra" steps throughout the day.

MissValerieAnn, you are to a great start. I like your idea about short little 'prizes' for reaching your goals. "... averaging 3 miles a day..." that's awesome!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    1/1 2 miles Strength and Stamina, Kelly Coffee-Meyer, 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge; Leslie
    1/2 2 miles 5 Day Slim Down, Leslie
    1/3 3 miles 15 minute Fat Blasters, Jessica Smith
    1/5 2 miles 5 Day Slim Down, Leslie, did a full body strength workout, freestyled it.

Good Friday to all you WALKERS! ;)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    January 5: 1 mile Nick walk
    Total: 6 miles
  • laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    Jan 5: 2 miles - walk away the pounds :D
  • AnnofB
    Options
    1/6 9 miles total

1/6 2 miles of 5 Boosted Miles
  • laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    Jan 6: 3 miles - walk away the pounds :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    13 miles
    1/7 WOFF
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    30 min on the Arc Trainer at the Y. I haven't been on it for a very long time. It's similar to an elliptical. It has pre-programmed tours of different hikes from around the world. Swiss Alps is my favorite.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    30 min on the Arc Trainer at the Y. I haven't been on it for a very long time. It's similar to an elliptical. It has pre-programmed tours of different hikes from around the world. Swiss Alps is my favorite.

That sounds interesting. Much more fun when you have beautiful scenery to look at.
  • laurenisfitforlife
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Jan 7: 3 mile fat burning walk. I really liked this one because its 5 miles (I only did 3 tonight) total and each mile includes a jogging component. As someone who used to run regularly this made me happy :)
  • Wanda148
    Wanda148 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • Wanda148
    Wanda148 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi ... I’m not sure where my post went so I will try again. I am very excited about finding this group. I love Leslie Sansone DVDs. It’s been awhile since I used one. This morning I completed the Just Walk 3 Mega Mikes-Burn & Firm. I look forward to walking with you all. Have a great day!

Wanda
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Wanda148 wrote: »
    Hi ... I’m not sure where my post went so I will try again. I am very excited about finding this group. I love Leslie Sansone DVDs. It’s been awhile since I used one. This morning I completed the Just Walk 3 Mega Mikes-Burn & Firm. I look forward to walking with you all. Have a great day!

Wanda

Welcome, Wanda. Glad you joined us.