Height: 5'5"
    HW: 165 lbs
    GW: 115-120 lbs
    January goal: 128 lbs

Jan 1: 131.8
    Jan 8: 129.6
  • kittycatsinunderpants
    Options
    @theknitpicker don't be disappointed. As you said, there are a lot of reasons for a stubborn scale week. Of course, I would have gone home, shaved my legs, and run straight back to the scale to see if that helped matters! You are a toughie if you can wait a whole week to double check- I'm impressed.
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    After a long hiatus, I'm back! And, there's more of me.

I had a tight program (working out, recording on MFP), and about 6 months ago, the program began to ease up...I'll miss this work out today and make up for it tomorrow (which I didn't), I'll just have this today and make up for it tomorrow (which I didn't.)

And, now, I'm up to 150 lbs, my body aches when I get up, and the clothes I wear when I get bigger are starting to pinch.

I'm back here on MFP. And, signed up for a group training competition at my gym which starts on January 29th.

I guess the lesson in this: I can't make certain activities become optional...any more than I let brushing my teeth or walking our dogs become optional. I need to work out for an hour each day, track on MFP, not eat after 8 p.m., and get to bed by 10:30.

It helps to articulate this publicly! Thanks for listening.

Today: 150
    End of month goal: 145
    Ultimate goal: 125.

• winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    Heaviest Weight: 145 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 120 lbs
    January Goal Weight: 128 lbs

Jan 03 132.7 lbs
    Jan 11 133.8 lbs
    Jan 17
    Jan 24
    Jan 31

I gained one pound since last week. I'm feeling very discouraged.. I've exercised every day since the 3rd to no avail. With less than 3 weeks to reach my January goal weight I am doubting my ability to achieve that goal..
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @winejunky143 If you stayed within a deficit and exercised every day you should be proud! Cico works, whether the weight comes off now, in a couple of days or next week. Water retention happens despite and sometimes because of all our efforts. Don't be discouraged now (:
  • mmurph102
    mmurph102 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    HW: 139lbs
    Goal Weight: 110-115lbs
    January Goal: 118

Jan 05: 121.8
    Jan 12: 122.2

Not the direction I wanted to see, but not surprised. Didn't track this week and cheated a bit. I did download the reminder to drink water app yesterday, so that should help b/c I def don't drink enough water. All holiday and most birthday celebrations are done for a while, so hopefully scale will move in other direction next week. Also, thanks to @rianneonamission for the 7 minute app suggestion...haven't tried it yet, but downloaded it and it looks good. I can definitely squeeze 7 minutes into my day!!
  • KimberlyMPaul
    KimberlyMPaul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Height 5'5.5"
    Current Weight 144.6 lbs.
    Body Fat 28%

My goal by the end of February is to get back to 19% Body Fat. I was there in July then got ill so I know my weight will be around 135-139 at that %, so not much overall weight to lose - about 10 pounds of body fat. I don't look at the scale as much as how my clothes fit. When adding muscle the scale becomes misleading. I'm losing body fat and gaining muscle.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 124.4
    January Goal: 122 LBS

Jan 1: 124.4
    Jan 8: 126
    Jan 12: 124
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    SW 63.4kgs
    5th jan 62.8kgs
    12th jan 62.9 kg

I have really struggled this week, January blues have taken over and I’ve eaten lots of comfort food. My dog was poorly the other day and I thought it was going to be the end, fortunately he’s picked up, that really affected my mood and my eating. I’ve got a cold hanging over me still too. I’ve started taking a supplement to help with my mood, I really hope it helps and that my weigh in next week is better.

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    Dec Goal Weight: 112-115-Maintenance
    Dec Fitness goal-Complete Strong Curves and rehab

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- 115
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Start of oct:113
    Start of Nov-112
    Start of Dec: 111.5
    Start of Jan: 113.5
    Jan 3: 113.5
    Jan 12: 112.2
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Struggles/success: I’m not sure what happened to my post last week but I am here. I had minor surgery on the 2nd but am healing well. It’s just going to be a slow recovery both physically and because of the general anesthesia. I have had to be really careful these last two weeks and not exert myself and though that has been easy beacause I am not really able to do anything, it has been mentally very hard. I am trying so hard to stay at a deficit, something that was so easy while I was losing, but because I can’t work out it’s really messing with me. I want to work out but I can’t so I have a cookie (at least it’s not 5) but then I can’t burn off that extra calories set. Aragh!!!! However, come Tuesday, I should be able to add light cardio to the mix so I hope to see some mental improvement then. Allowing myself to heal and fighting the fear that I am going to slip back into old habits is the order of the day. The struggle is real.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127
    SW January: 109.2 (also 109.2 trending)
    Ultimate goal: Maintenance. Goal range is 108-113.

Dec 29: 108.6 (109.2 trending)
    Jan 5: 110.2 (109.5 trending)
    Jan 12: 109.0 (109.7 trending)
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:

My goal this week is to start doing meal prep again. I’ve gotten out of the habit of cooking and prepping, and I need to get back to it!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • mmurph102
    mmurph102 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Height: 5'3”
    HW: 127
    SW January: 109.2 (also 109.2 trending)
    Ultimate goal: Maintenance. Goal range is 108-113.

Dec 29: 108.6 (109.2 trending)
    Jan 5: 110.2 (109.5 trending)
    Jan 12: 109.0 (109.7 trending)
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:

My goal this week is to start doing meal prep again. I’ve gotten out of the habit of cooking and prepping, and I need to get back to it!

@brianneangell08 ...curious—what do the (trending) numbers mean?
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mmurph102 wrote: »

@brianneangell08 ...curious—what do the (trending) numbers mean?

@mmurph102
    I use an app called Happy Scale (Libra for android users) which tracks your average weight over time, rather than focusing on the little fluctuations. So, maybe you weigh in one morning and have “gained” a whole pound, but you know it is really only water weight from too much sodium. You know it is not a reflection of your “real” weight. Your “real” weight, with the fluctuations smoothed out, is called your moving average or your trending weight.
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    GW: 142.0-147.0
    1/7: 144.0
    1/13: 144.4

This week I did decide to track my food intake. I ate at a slight deficit a few days and then quickly made up for it with a 900 calorie blizzard from Dairy Queen (Worth it!) and dinner out with the husband at a new Ramen place in town (also definitely worth it!). All in all I think I roughly came out around maintenance. My digestion is starting to feel more "normal" after 2-3 weeks of total food chaos, and that is a relief.

I also made it to the gym twice this week and it felt great to be back! I started last fall with a cookie-cutter dumbbell routine, and now I've decided to tweak it a bit. I substituted a few of the lifts I hated for others, and I added a couple body weight moves to target my lower back, which I pulled in December. I'm debating going tonight still (it's already 9PM), but it's so cold out, ugh. The 20 minute drive is a huge deterrent too.

@mmurph102 the weight I post is also my "trending" weight. I use Libra. It's removed a lot of pressure for me on "weigh-in days". At certain times my weight just really yo-yos day to day and it didn't make sense to trust a single day's weight so much.

Hugs to everyone who is struggling, @bringbackthejoy @mrssunshine78 @winejunky143 and I know there are more. January is one of the toughest months with the brutal cold and lack of sun on top of everything else we struggle with :(
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2.5"
    HW: 172
    CW: 137.6
    GW: 125-ish

1/8 137.6
    1/15 137.2 (-0.4)
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    HW: 165 lbs
    GW: 115-120 lbs
    January goal: 128 lbs

Jan 1: 131.8
    Jan 8: 129.6
    Jan 15: 127.6
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    HW: 145 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs
    January Goal: 128 lbs

Jan 03 132.7 lbs
    Jan 11 133.8 lbs
    Jan 16 134.7 lbs
    Jan 24
    Jan 31

Thank you @GoldenEye_ and @nic_27_grassisgreener for the support it means a lot to me!

I'm steadily gaining about 1 lb a week. I've been watching what I eat and making sure I exercise every day but its not helping. I'm considering doing a Keto diet starting Monday so hopefully we'll see some improvement.

@mrssunshine78 I hope you start feeling better soon! Sending positive vibes <3