Check In

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @pezhed Yay for finally getting your period and hopefully the next one is normal! Positive thoughts sent your way!

@SheilAnneSmith That sounds very, very stressful! I couldn't imagine doing that at all, let alone while pregnant! I hope the time goes fast for you so you can be done with it and hopefully get some relaxing in after!
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks Any thoughts about Zika virus and your trip to Mexico? I was there in November and want to start TTC, but I'm a little paranoid.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Well, looks like we might not get to try this month :( things kept coming up this week and hubby has been exhausted from work. I wonder if he might be a little under the weather. Today I think is ovulation day and tomorrow we are going to a memorial service 2.5 hours away so I just don't think this was our month.

I know it's not a big deal but I can't help but feel stressed about it, I guess I was just really excited to finally start but I know I'm being a little ridiculous and I feel selfish for it ..
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks I use the Clue app for tracking :)

• RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks Any thoughts about Zika virus and your trip to Mexico? I was there in November and want to start TTC, but I'm a little paranoid.

You know to be real honest, This will be the 3rd trip out of the county we've taken since TTC. Its always in the back of my mind, but, we also decided that we couldnt put our life on hold while TTC; that was making us (mainly me) focus on the fact we WERENT getting pregnant, but still not living our normal life.

My OB of course says to just be as cautious as possible, which we will bring bug spray, but so far, both resorts weve stayed at have been highly aware of the situation and have done early AM/Late PM mosquito sprays.

Its such a hard decision, I understand your concern for sure.

@aubyshortcake , sorry to hear this month is out, I can understand how stressful that feels. There is so much pressure to feel like you need to try in this very small window and if you cant then the rest of the month is just out. Just know you are not alone in this.

Everyone here has been/remains so supportive, Its become a great safe space for me to share feelings about TTC, which feels so great.

I hope everyone has a great rest of your weekend!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I've been absent lately because I've been having a really hard time with TTC. My temp dipped below coverline today with cramps and 4 days of bfns. Cycle 12 will be starting today or tomorrow and we are talking about whether we will start our interventions with an IUI or go straight to ivf. It's a really hard place to be, and one that I never imagined I'd be in myself. I have never cried so much or felt so alone or unlucky.

I'm reining my diet back in because I'm not painfully bloated and 196 pounds and damnit if I'm not pregnant, at least I will not be over 200 pounds again!! I hope that none of you ever reach the dark place that I'm in right now and have to experience this level of pain and wanting.

I may not respond, but I'm always checking in here.
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    @Kirstie155 - I just wanted to send you so much love right now. Hugs lady, were always here to listen if you need it.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Gonna try to reply in pieces.
    @Kirstie155 Sorry for the cramps and bfns. :( Also, those are some tough decisions you're facing right now. I admire your courage! Also, I know you can keep on the sunny side of 200. It's really hard, especially with pms. But I believe in you. You've done it before. Drink lots of water to keep the bloats at bay. :) And thanks for encouraging me. The lightening crotch has decreased quite a bit. The aches and pains still come and go, but not as sharply. I've started taking a pillow around with me to put behind my back when I sit, and that has helped.

@RhiannonBecks Did you get over your cold and catch up on sleep? Did it ever stop snowing? Or do you live where it snows a lot? Haha, the "lightening crotch" strikes like a Charlie horse or runner's cramp in the groin area or near the uterus. It's part of the growing/stretching process of the body making room for baby. Usually, it's more of a dull throb, or only triggered by twisting or bending the torso too fast. A warm shower or heating pad really helps, but sometimes I'm at work or at the grocery store when it strikes! Then it's a struggle to not to shove my hands inside my clothes and rub the sore muscles. Lol. Luckily, it goes away just as fast as it hits. I'm soooo jelly of your trip to Mexico! I went with my family one time in January. It cheered up my whole winter! I'd like to go back, but haven't had the opportunity. Maybe next year.

@puffbrat Silly doggy. Why do pets always do stuff like that? Haha. Sorry you guys have been so sick and tuckered out. Sounds like all of us have been getting the viruses this winter. Glad you're starting to feel better. Squish is so cute!! It's also sweet that Leo is loving being a dad to the point he's ready to do it again. Well, whenever you feel ready too, that is. :D

Okies, I'm late for work. Gonna reply to others later. Ciao!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 HUGS HUGS HUGS
  • Alioth
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @VeryKatie Your picture is so adorable! How did you work your little guy's vaccine schedule? My midwife was starting to talk to me about it. She says now they have like 60+ recommended but not all may be strictly necessary or needed all at once? She said they are expensive too, and some families stretch them out over the first 5 years. I was really surprised since when we were kids, there were only a few. I hope it goes well with your boss. I'm definitely planning on being part time the first year or so after birth. I can't think of a way around it either, until kids are old enough to be in school. And that's assuming I don't homeschool. Aaag. So many decisions!

@pezhed Glad you got over your cold! Your brother in law probably meant well but...I bet your sister in law has a different perspective since she was the one who had to go through all the uncomfortable procedures. :/ Shed is very cute. I remember when my family had a farm, and we built one. It was a lot of fun. Then I would take a blanket and radio up on the roof via ladder in the summer and tan on the mostly flat roof. If I tried tanning on the ground, invariably a chicken or horse would meander over and try to stand on top of me. :D Homemade bread sounds lovely, btw. Even if it's not great for weight loss. It's soooo gooood! Sorry your period came again, although it does sound like you did ovulate and now you get to start over. Maybe this cycle won't be so long this time.

@WifiresGettingFit That one pilates workout I did showed me exactly how out of it I've been as even the smallest movements made me tired and out of breath. It felt good, but I was useless and sick the rest of the day. Now that I've got some of my energy back, I'm planning on trying again on my day off. If I can vacuum the house without becoming dizzy and tired, I think I can work out again. Congrats on getting your car back. Yeah, our town has been having water breaks too, this winter from the extreme cold busting old pipes. It's a bummer it got warm where you live, just to get super cold again. This weather's such a tease!

@puffbrat Btw, I like your animal nursery theme.

@aubyshortcake Baby dust to you! It's exciting to start, isn't it! Sorry if this month didn't end up being it though, and that you had to go to a memorial service.

@SheilAnneSmith OMG. The conference sounds stressful. 13+ hours!! Noooo! How do you not collapse? And how was your resort comp night? Did you at least get to stay somewhere nice for all that trouble?

Oh yeah, as far as my own update goes, I'm up to 174 now. I started at 162 before I got preggers. But last June, I was up to 176. Sooo...kinda a bummer to be almost back where I started. I should stop eating cookies for breakfast. I should also stop eating 2 dinners. But I eat at 5 pm, and if I work until 10, eat again when I get home because I'm ravenous again by then. Oh well. I'll figure it out eventually.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling so badly! Lots and lots of hugs to you!! I have a very close friend who went through a nearly identical situation. Please always know you can turn to us for support.

@SheilAnneSmith That sounds incredibly stressful! I hate working long days like and can't imagine doing it while pregnant. How was the comp night?

@VeryKatie We're glad to have you come back!

@aubyshortcake I'm sorry it sounds like this won't be your month and that you have a memorial service to go to.

@Alioth Thanks! I love how the nursery turned out. Leo was terrified that it was going to be a crazy, jumbled mess since he likes all things matching. But I think the combination of jungle animals with a few dinosaurs turned out well. And the yellow is gorgeous no matter what my husband says :p I'm pretty sure my pregnancy eating schedule was that of a hobbit. I ate 2-3 breakfasts daily (not full meals but bigger than snacks...usually), then lunch, snack(s), and maybe dinner and dessert if I wasn't asleep.

@RhiannonBecks I have used all the Ovia apps - tracking, pregnancy, and parenting. While each of them have a few minor things I don't like, I've been very happy with them overall. The community forum on all of their apps is also helpful, supportive, and extremely entertaining to me. As far as Mexico and drinking, do what you feel comfortable with. Some women don't drink at all while TTC. My Squish was conceived the night I drank a whole bottle of wine myself (never done that before). The doctor wasn't concerned and so far he has turned out fine. I will say though that my whole cycle was completely messed up at that point and I wasn't temping or tracking ovulation, etc. so I had no idea what was going on.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth If exercising ends up making you more tired and sick the rest of the day, it isn't worth it. I would take it easy and just listen to your body. (which it sounds like that's what you've been doing.) Do what you can when you can do it but don't rush or push yourself too much. You're growing a life and that takes a toll on the body regardless of what you do or don't do. The weather is still being a tease here. We just had some 40 and 50 degree days again only to now be going into the 30's with possible snow in the forecast. Ugh.
  • girlalmighty08
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks Your response made me feel so relieved... thank you so much!

Like I said I've been a little paranoid about TTC after our trip because I'm ready to go NOW! I didn't want to be negligent but I feel so many people around me are slightly judgmental about the fact that I would knowingly TTC after having potentially been exposed to Zika and it's known risks. Similar to you, I exercised prevention as often as I could and bug sprayed up both myself and my partner while we were away.

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in the choices I make as I was feeling somewhat guilty.... thank you for the reassurance! Have a wonderful trip and all the best :)
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 I am glad you don't feel alone; it can def be something that weighs on your mind bc of course, you if you are TTC you are hoping for a happy, healthy journey, and would never put yourself in a position to otherwise cause harm to self/future baby. But, maybe this sounds foolish, I think at some point you have to just try and live your life without those worries, bc honestly, someone could "eat clean" only drink water, never drink alcohol while trying etc etc, and still end up with problems. For me, keeping cautious & conscious of my surroundings, but allowing myself to actually L I V E, has made a great deal of change in my mental health - and to me, that is just as important.

Sending you all sorts of good vibes as you dive into TTC. This forum has been so helpful, supportive and a safe place for me the past few months. I felt very alone and isolated in my situation until I came here a few months and was welcomed with open arms.

Also just wanted to a quick check in with the rest of you ladies. How has your week been so far?

We were able to BD 2x in our fertile week (sorry if that's TMI), had hoped for a 3rd but someone (me) drank too much wine when friends came over to play games and fell asleep fast & hard, LOL. Oops. I told my husband he should have shaken me awake lol. Oh well. Crossing fingers for now and going into the rest of the month with positive mind & positive vibes. Per my Ovia App (which has been almost 100% accurate) AF is scheduled to show up the day before we come home from Mexico (and it lands on my Bday) sooooo.....this will be an interesting few weeks.

I leave next Wednesday, but this weekend we are going to be super busy, I will try to check in for sure early next week sometime before I take my trip.

I really do want you all to know how very important and special you have become to me, all of your support is appreciated. Even the fact none of you mind I come in here and ramble a novel's worth of nothingness, it means a lot.

Chat soon!!! As always, good vibes sent ladies. :)

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Also just wanted to a quick check in with the rest of you ladies. How has your week been so far?

Well I got the cleaning I planned to do on Monday done today and that pretty much sums up how my week has been. I miss the days when I wasn't such a procrastinator. haha Baby dust sent your way!
    (Also I don't think there is such a thing as TMI here anymore. =P )
    I really do want you all to know how very important and special you have become to me, all of your support is appreciated. Even the fact none of you mind I come in here and ramble a novel's worth of nothingness, it means a lot.

This gave me warm, happy fuzzy feelings and I very much enjoy rambles (so don't change!). HUGS <3
  • girlalmighty08
    Options
    WOOOOOO we got the keys to our new house last night! We have been living with my parents for the past couple weeks so my man was pretty anxious to get in to own place... we basically just moved the bed and a few overnight necessities, this weekend will be the big move! Decided that I'm going to finish up my current supply of BC pills and then we will start TTC at the end of April. Gives us enough time to get all the renos done that we have in mind while I still have the energy! I'm so very, very EXCITED!!! :D:D
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 Congratulations!!!
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    WOOOOOO we got the keys to our new house last night! We have been living with my parents for the past couple weeks so my man was pretty anxious to get in to own place... we basically just moved the bed and a few overnight necessities, this weekend will be the big move! Decided that I'm going to finish up my current supply of BC pills and then we will start TTC at the end of April. Gives us enough time to get all the renos done that we have in mind while I still have the energy! I'm so very, very EXCITED!!! :D:D

Congrats lady! What an exciting time!!! Sounds like you have a good plan for TTC, this will give you a chance to get settled in to your new place, get some things done you want! Enjoy the experience this weekend!
  • Alioth
    Options
    Yay! I finally got to the gym--1st time since October! It was uncomfortable, but I feel amazing afterwards. I just did light stretching and then 40 min on the stationary bike. Lower abs especially appreciated the loosening up, as they have been sore and tight from being stretched out more and more each day. I noticed today, that I have a lot of cellulite in my legs that I haven't seen for years. So that is going to be part of my February goals--to tone up my legs and reduce the wibble-wobble. Hubs was a good sport and went with me. He's gonna try to put a dent in his dad bod.

@puffbrat Haha, I hope Leo doesn't get too crazy once the toddler toys start to take over. Thanks, I feel less guilty about eating all day.

@WifiresGettingFit Yes'm! I plan to be careful. Sorry, this winter seems to be dragging on forever. I am so ready for spring.

@girlalmighty08 Well, you can also have things go wrong in pregnancy for perfectly mundane reasons right at home where it feels safe, many of which are completely out of your control. At least with Zika, the risk is very small, and you made efforts to protect yourself. So, I wouldn't worry about the judgers too much. If you're gonna get pregnant, people will judge you for everything from the clothes you wear to the hours you keep to the food you eat. What matters more, is how you feel about those things. Congrats on getting into your new place!! Have fun moving in and rennovating!

@RhiannonBecks Have fun getting ready for your trip. And hooray for bding! Baby dust! I know you're not leaving yet, but let us know how your trip goes.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth That's awesome that you got to the gym and that you felt good afterwards! =) (I'm also ready for Spring but I feel like I've said it so much I'm basically a broken record. haha)