TEAM: Flab u Less (February)

Options

Replies

• STLGraffitiQueen
    STLGraffitiQueen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Team! This is my second month on the challenge. I'm looking forward to losing weight with all of you. ☺
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Djou11 wrote: »
    Hi y'all abit late to the party but here's my intro
    I'm Julie, 40 yr old French Canadian living in Thamesford Ontario. I have been struggling with my weight most of my adult life. My body has been through the ringer for the last few years becoming mom to baby #3-4-5 they're 4.5 yr old, 19 months and 6 months ... the older ones are almost 20 and 18. In between pregnancies I have had decent success losing some weight with beachbody but since bb#5 came along the weight just keep pounding on and on ... so I decided to try to do something about it...

I started using MFP app again and hubby bought me a treadmill so started walking... First time doing a challenge on here so looking forward to sharing this journey with you :smiley:
    Ultimate goal is to reach 135 and hopefully get there by my birthday in November but for February I want to loose 6-8 lbs ...

Good luck everyone :)

Good luck, Djou11. You can do it and so can I!
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    @laurenebargar and @craigo3154 would it be possible to change my weigh in days for Sunday instead of Monday morning... just realized it might be easier to post on Sunday rather than Monday s
  • FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi I'M Fran. I'm 63 years old. i've been overweight since I was a kid. My starting weight was 228.6. I want o lose 1 pound a week more will be nice but I ''' be happy with the 1. I set small goals for myself. Looking at 50 pounds is so discouraging. My first goal is 200 pounds. I wasn't very active but the past 2 weeks I have started to walk and walk about 5 miles a day. Feels so good walk.

Add to your site
  • Djou11
    Options
    @FrancineJM61 ... one day, one pound at a time hun ... We're all here to support each other :) walking 5 miles/day is amazing, keep it up
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Djou11 wrote: »
    @laurenebargar and @craigo3154 would it be possible to change my weigh in days for Sunday instead of Monday morning... just realized it might be easier to post on Sunday rather than Monday s

@Djou11. Done. Your February's weigh day is now Sunday.
  • tomedog
    tomedog Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I have been using MFP for many years and this is the first time I have joined a group. I am looking forward to helping this team WIN!!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    @FrancineJM61,welcome to the group/team! Planning to lose 1lb a week is very realistic. I did it last year . You can do it !
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @craigo3154 and @laurenbarger, My sister's husband passed away suddenly so I will be out of the country for a couple weeks. Have to be there to provide emotional support. I will weigh in on Monday. Tuesday is my designated weigh in day, but I will weigh in tomorrow. I hope that Wi-fi will be available. :(:(;);)
  • Djou11
    Options
    @12774 so sorry for your loss... take care of yourself and your family
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    @craigo3154 and @laurenbarger, My sister's husband passed away suddenly so I will be out of the country for a couple weeks. Have to be there to provide emotional support. I will weigh in on Monday. Tuesday is my designated weigh in day, but I will weigh in tomorrow. I hope that Wi-fi will be available. :(:(;);)

@12774. So sorry to hear about your family's loss. Family is so important. My thoughts are with you.

A weigh in any day of the week is fine as long as it is posted before midnight Saturday. Your nominated day is preferred, but it is understood that circumstances can change. It is fine if it is early or late (or even missing for a week if notifying myself or team captain).

• WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    February Week 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 217.2
    Current Weight: 217
  • shawna357
    shawna357 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    @shawna357, missed you. How is your grand ma doing? Awesome wt loss this week.

Thank you for asking about my grandmother, that means a lot. This past week she took a turn for the worst. Saturday evening she past away after putting up a fight for seven days. She was a strong-willed woman and at her weakness she still showed how strong she was. I believe if she did not suffer from dementia she would have lived til one hundred and then some. She was basically a healthy woman and that is what is so heartbreaking. Thank you again for asking.
  • shawna357
    Options
    Hi all my name is Shawna and I am the co-captain. Sorry I have been MIA but I had a death in my family Saturday and this next week is going to be the funeral so I probably won't be as active as I usually am.

I am happy to see @shockvalue07 , @koirakoira , @aganey, @Lesscookies1 , @escowles675, @JulieAL1969 , @12774, @wryhorzegal, and are team captain @laurenebargar . I am sure I will see many others that was with us in January but that is all I see so far. Then I would like to welcome @MichelleE71, @lenilus, @mamasuzie125, and @Djoull. I believe you will find the support and encouragement from this team to stay motivated.

I would like to start a mini challenge and try to post a new one each week. This week I would like to focus on our water intake. I know in the winter it is hard to drink water because for some odd reason it doesn't taste as good as refreshing. That is basically all I drink but find I don't drink as much in the cold months. Does anyone have any ideas for other mini challenges? Just post them on here or send them to me in a message. If anyone wants to be m friend just send me a message.

I am looking forward to getting started this month trying to get back to logging food and exercising more. This month I am really taking time to find myself again. For a year and a half I put my life on hold to take care of my grandmother that was like a mother to me and believe me it was a blessing and honor. Since I lost her, I have to go and find a job again to help my husband out and I am not going to lie, I am scared to death. Feb 10th, I will be 43 and I still am asking myself what I want to be when I grow up.

Everyone have a blessed day.
  • shawna357
    Options
    Sorry I am posting a lot but I am trying to catch up. I must have not went to the second page because I see names I forgot. Welcome back @STLGraffitiQueen and @WA_Teacher. I need to apologize to @Djou11, I misspelled your name when welcoming you to the team. @FrancineJM61 and @tomedog welcome to Flab-U-Less.

@12774 I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will pray for you and have safe travels.

• shawna357
    Options
    tomedog wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I have been using MFP for many years and this is the first time I have joined a group. I am looking forward to helping this team WIN!!

I love your last sentence because even though we are wanting to get healthy, winning is a bonus. If we work together it is possible.
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    February week 1
    Mondays
    Previous: 151.7
    Today: 153.7

Hated to even post it!!
  • Djou11
    Options
    Username: Djou11
    Weigh in week: February week 1 (jan29-feb4)
    Weigh in day: Sunday morning
    Previous Week's weight: 206 lbs
    Todays Weight: 202.8 lbs
    Lost: -3.2
  • Djou11
    Options
    @shawna357 Sorry for the lost of your grandmother and I am sure that if she could have she would have thanked you for taking the time to care for her... on a more cheerful note I think it's amazing to not know what we want to be when we grow up, that only means that at all ages we can redefine and reinvent ourselves... don't be scared and just go for it girl :)
    Ps don't even feel the need to apologize for the misspelled name ;)
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    @shawna357 Great idea on the water intake challenge!

My goal is going to be 80 oz a day!
This discussion has been closed.