Replies

• enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Sunday, Feb 4
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - Yes, swimming and got out for a quick walk around the block with my dog despite the crappy weather. Was good for both of us :)
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Sunday Feb 4

Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - yes! I did a 35 min. Fitness Blender video and I can barely walk today.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @HASWLRS - So annoyed with myself for not double checking my posts. I was so excited that I had 3 yeses Sunday through Saturday (7 total). When I saw the results, I went back to look and one of my Friday post seems to have vanished. But, for what it's worth, I did 7 of 7 last week. But even without that post, I should show 6 days, each with 3 yeses.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS - So annoyed with myself for not double checking my posts. I was so excited that I had 3 yeses Sunday through Saturday (7 total). When I saw the results, I went back to look and one of my Friday post seems to have vanished. But, for what it's worth, I did 7 of 7 last week. But even without that post, I should show 6 days, each with 3 yeses.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for correcting me! I double check, but still every time I post the results I am hoping that I am right, and that I will be corrected if I am wrong! I went back and checked and I had missed the 31st, which was clearly posted. Even without the missing Friday entry, you still had 6 "yes's" and so you are the clear winner for last week.
  • HASWLRS
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, January Week #5, (Sun. Jan. 28th to Sat. Feb. 3rd) AMENDMENT

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days
    @GardenMama129 - ALL SEVEN DAYS!!!!

Congratulations, on all your hard work!!
  • Mariec1978
    Mariec1978 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    ****When posting your "yes's" or "no's" for the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, please include the date which you are referring to. Some people post at night for that day, some people post the next day for the previous day, and then we are all in different time zones. It will just make it easier for me to decipher. Thank you.

I did not add the date for my first post this week. I don't know how to edit it, so I will just have to make sure I am more careful from here out. Thank you for all of the work your doing!
  • Mariec1978
    Options
    Motivational Monday

"Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place"
    Not sure who wrote this, but it resonates heavily with me. I used to feel a lot of guilt when I would take time out of the day to take a bath, read a book, go for a walk/run, sit at Starbucks by myself to take a breath. I turn 40 years old in May. I have been married for 18.5 years. I have a 17 year old daughter and a 15 year old son. My daughter graduated at 16, so we were on the fast track with her education. My son is a high level athlete who travels to college campuses every weekend to play baseball at 15 years old. We have practice or lessons 6 days a week.
    Our family is fast paced and extremely close. For a long time, I felt guilty if I wasn't 100% focused on them. Gradually over the last year, I found they actually love me more when I take time out to love myself. They don't care if I'm sitting reading a book. They don't care if I up and say "I'm going to Starbucks or the library," they don't care if I run a bath and soak until I'm a prune. They do care if I'm happy. I was only hurting myself by not loving myself as much as my family loves me! When you put yourself first, you have so much more to give to everyone else.
    I just started writing my first book. It's not even close to being finished. I warned my husband it could take a year. I won't make any money from it for a long time, if at all. When I told my husband I didn't want to push papers in an office anymore, he said "Will writing a book make you happy?" Use your support system, but don't lose yourself in your support system. Love yourself and do something for yourself everyday no matter how small! Your happiness is contagious and those around you will love you all the more for it.
  • Mariec1978
    Options
    Here's my Monday Motivation:

Finish this sentence "Today, I am grateful for...."

We're all grateful for our families and our friends. But we often don't give ourselves the same consideration. What are you grateful for within yourself?

Today I am grateful for the ability to recognize that I have the power to change my circumstances. I can decide what I want to do and then do it.

What are you grateful for today team?

Today, I am grateful for...that's a hard one. You're right! We often respond with family and friends and never think of anything we appreciate about ourselves.
    Hmmm...maybe I am grateful for my ability to be honest...even with myself. Call me weird, but I have actually looked at my image in the mirror and said "I'm sorry." Sorry I gained all this weight time and time again. Lose it! Gain it back! Lose it! Gain it back! I stopped trying and that's on me. In the moment, sometimes honesty can be painful, but in the long run...if I weren't honest with myself, I wouldn't know to get up, shake the dirt off, and try again. Every time...a little more determined...a little more aggressive...a little healthier mentally...a little better.
  • HASWLRS
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Mariec1978 wrote: »
    Motivational Monday

"Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place"
    Not sure who wrote this, but it resonates heavily with me. I used to feel a lot of guilt when I would take time out of the day to take a bath, read a book, go for a walk/run, sit at Starbucks by myself to take a breath. I turn 40 years old in May. I have been married for 18.5 years. I have a 17 year old daughter and a 15 year old son. My daughter graduated at 16, so we were on the fast track with her education. My son is a high level athlete who travels to college campuses every weekend to play baseball at 15 years old. We have practice or lessons 6 days a week.
    Our family is fast paced and extremely close. For a long time, I felt guilty if I wasn't 100% focused on them. Gradually over the last year, I found they actually love me more when I take time out to love myself. They don't care if I'm sitting reading a book. They don't care if I up and say "I'm going to Starbucks or the library," they don't care if I run a bath and soak until I'm a prune. They do care if I'm happy. I was only hurting myself by not loving myself as much as my family loves me! When you put yourself first, you have so much more to give to everyone else.
    I just started writing my first book. It's not even close to being finished. I warned my husband it could take a year. I won't make any money from it for a long time, if at all. When I told my husband I didn't want to push papers in an office anymore, he said "Will writing a book make you happy?" Use your support system, but don't lose yourself in your support system. Love yourself and do something for yourself everyday no matter how small! Your happiness is contagious and those around you will love you all the more for it.

Very well thought out, very well written and very true! How can others love us if we cannot love ourselves? How can we love others if we cannot love ourselves?

A book.....how exciting! What kind of book?
  • Mariec1978
    Options
    Mariec1978 wrote: »
    Motivational Monday

Very well thought out, very well written and very true! How can others love us if we cannot love ourselves? How can we love others if we cannot love ourselves?

A book.....how exciting! What kind of book?

The first series I am writing is a romance series. It should contain about 6 books, but we will see. Depends on how the first couple of books roll out.
    I also have another series that is more murder/mystery with just a little romance in there. That one could very well be more than 6 books, but I guess I'll figure it out as I go. I know I'll want to write about several of the characters so at least I know what happens to them. :D
    I had the outline of the first book of the murder/mystery series done and had written up to the second chapter, but my romance book series was screaming at me to "GET STARTED ON ME," so I am currently working on that one solely.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, January Week #5, (Sun. Jan. 28th to Sat. Feb. 3rd) AMENDMENT

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days
    @GardenMama129 - ALL SEVEN DAYS!!!!

Congratulations, on all your hard work!!

Thank you for the update. I'm hoping to repeat this week. :)
  • HASWLRS
    edited February 2018
    Options

Those sound like series' that I would read, @Mariec1978! Wishing you much creative inspiration!

• holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You know what’s so incredibly annoying? When you type out a super long post, and then press Done instead of Post Reply and it all gets deleted!

So here goes again... this time I will post in a few sections. In case I delete it again I won’t want to go jump off a cliff haha

Feb 4 mini challenge
    Exercise: yes (30 min tabata, 30 min yoga)
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    @primekayprime I love your question!! I would tend to always just be thankful for my family and other people too. What I am thankful for in myself is a much harder question. I would say its my determination and self-searching, which leads me to continually grow and improve.
  • WhineThyme
    Options
    Monday, Feb 5
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes walking and some weights
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mini UAC Feb 5

Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 minutes dancing with little ninja and then some push-ups. Tomorrow I plan on adding in a booty building workout. The ONLY reason I have a "big" butt is because of excess weight.. I'd like to actually have a nice booty to go with the other part of my body that I was naturally blessed with even before my weight piled on.
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    holly2e wrote: »
    You know what’s so incredibly annoying? When you type out a super long post, and then press Done instead of Post Reply and it all gets deleted!

So here goes again... this time I will post in a few sections. In case I delete it again I won’t want to go jump off a cliff haha

I do that all the time!! I'd type it out 5 times and then say forget it.. or I'll just go to the computer where I'm less likely to push the wrong thing.
This discussion has been closed.