! - The OMAD Adaption Pains Thread - !

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I sometimes feel a little lightheaded after a meal, what can that be ?

I would feel that way before a meal sometimes if I hadnt eaten for more than 24 hourd and sometimes I would feel light headed and dizzy if I ate just sweets and no protein as my meal.
  • litla_dilja
    litla_dilja Posts: 11 Member
    I sometimes feel a little lightheaded after a meal, what can that be ?

I would feel that way before a meal sometimes if I hadnt eaten for more than 24 hourd and sometimes I would feel light headed and dizzy if I ate just sweets and no protein as my meal.

I have meat, potatoes and red cabbage and a little sweet after, i have been eating this since i began omad (keeping it simple in the beginning) But i still feel light headed AFTER my meal :o i dont understand it ?

Also i have medications i have to take 2 a day, will it kick me out of fasting ?
  • litla_dilja
    Medicine twice per day :)
  • Brendalea69
    You can take your medicine twice a day and I'm not sure why you are feeling light headed maybe try eating more at your mealtime and if it continues I would seek medical help :/
  • litla_dilja
    You can take your medicine twice a day and I'm not sure why you are feeling light headed maybe try eating more at your mealtime and if it continues I would seek medical help :/

Mabye i am eating to little, i will try to eat more thanks :)
  • Brendalea69
    You're welcome and I hope it helps o:)
  • litla_dilja
    People around me keep saying stuff like, if you don't eat your body will go into starvation mode and keep fat, or you have to eat something, or it's ok to eat 16:8 today, or it's bad for your body to only eat 1 a day, and that kind of things :/ I do tell them that it's proven that fasting does not kick my body into starvation mode and that it is my lifestyle now to eat omad but it is really do not want to hear something like this from my people

What do you do in these situations ?
  • Brendalea69
    It used to be the same for me and finally I just started telling them this "My way of eating isn't for everybody but it works for me and I feel great"
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    So after Christmas, my appetite was through the roof. I've been just dong 2mad and maintaining but after Christmas, I did OMAD for a week and didn't lose anything because of the appetite. I went back to maint mode and now recently am trying to lose again. This time, I would get really hungry again and I tried my old proven (not used recently) trick of 1/2 tsp of coconut oil and it got me through to the evening no problem. The interesting thing is, after that day, I haven't gotten very hungry for the next few days at the end of the fast which hasn't happened for a very long time. I think that coconut oil really helped me and switched something on in the brain/body to not signal hunger. May just be a coincidence but I will take it. If someone is really struggling, try the coconut oil thing and see how it works. It might make the difference for you.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    I just started back on OMAD after the holidays as well. I was eating too frequently and too much! It is hard because I have hunger pains all day! Also, I have been running 1 hour or more a day. With OMAD, I think I will need to cut back on the excersise.
  • blambo61
    kokonani wrote: »
    I just started back on OMAD after the holidays as well. I was eating too frequently and too much! It is hard because I have hunger pains all day! Also, I have been running 1 hour or more a day. With OMAD, I think I will need to cut back on the excersise.

Run at the end of the fast or the run will make you too hungry to do the fast. Eat either some coconut oil before you run or some corn starch and you will be fueled before you run. Neither will upset your stomach (doesn't mine anyways). Corn starch is a slow release carb that won't spike your insulin and cause a blood crash and probably won't shut down fat metabolism for the same reason. It is used to treat glycogen storage disorders (google that). Coconut oil provides butyrates very quickly. Both of these will feed the brain that will then prevent bonking and will allow the body to run without bonking. The stored glycogen in the muscles (which can't be shared with the brain) will fuel your run (you only take about 100kcals of the stuff mention which is enough to feed the brain but not the whole body for the run. The body will have plenty of stored glycogen that will be allowed to be used if the brain is getting fed also).
  • litla_dilja
    If i dont make 1000 kalories in my meal, will it slow my metabolsm down ?? my meals are between 600 and 800 kalories
    I am so afraid of that i wont lose any weight if that happens ??
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    If i dont make 1000 kalories in my meal, will it slow my metabolsm down ?? my meals are between 600 and 800 kalories
    I am so afraid of that i wont lose any weight if that happens ??

You will definitely lose weight by cutting your calories. But will you be able to go about your day until your next meal eating only 600-800 Calories? Once in a while I may eat under 1000 per day but that's when I'm feeling under the weather and I am mostly in bed. may ask why you are consuming so low cal for your meal?
    I am only 113 lbs but still lose eating 1700 Calories OMAD.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    If you are eating 600 to 800 calories, you will definitely want to incorporate a splurge day during the week where you at least double your calories to fuel your metabolism.
  • Brendalea69
    Some of my days are low calories but it all averages out in the week because I also have high calorie days.
  • kaseyburton9
    kaseyburton9 Posts: 1 Member
    my struggle is thatbi get full at about 600-900 calories. I'm stuffed at this point and I worry that I'm not getting enough calories. I work night shift in an office setting, so I do not get much exercise if any at all. Is 600-900 okay? TIA
  • Brendalea69
    my struggle is thatbi get full at about 600-900 calories. I'm stuffed at this point and I worry that I'm not getting enough calories. I work night shift in an office setting, so I do not get much exercise if any at all. Is 600-900 okay? TIA

You should throw in a Splurge day and see how that works or you could eat foods that have more calories.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member

You should throw in a Splurge day and see how that works or you could eat foods that have more calories.

I will second the calorie dense idea. When I first began OMAD, I was not eating enough calories per meal, which caused me to get hungry before my window the following day. 600-900 calories seems low to sustain. I do that every once in awhile, but I try to get 1100-1200 nutritious calories in/day and then treat myself to a lil' something for dessert. Just what works for me.
  • blambo61
    It is easy to get derailed if you don't eat enough the day before. I would shoot for a descent deficit but something that won't sabotage yourself. I find it is also important to get enough protein and I take a multivitamin/mineral supp also to get the nutrients and to keep from getting cravings. Good luck!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I did 2mad on Sat/Sun and then back to OMAD yesterday which is the plan to do OMAD M-Friday and be more relaxed on the weekend. Yesterday, I actually felt hungry throughout the day which was unusual because last week I did just fine, no hunger pains at all.

For those of you that have been doing this long term, is that to be expected? It was fine, I just ignored it, and made it to my OMAD window 6pm-7pm.