Miranda's Progress thread

jadeblue14
jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
Hey again everyone. I'll put my little blurb here, too. My name is Miranda, feel free to call me that or my username. I currently weight 177.6 (down 6 pounds!). I'm 5'3". I've been struggling with my weight all of my life. I was the fat kid growing up. I was able to get down to 125 once, but dealing with medical issues with family members I used food to cope. And then the desk job after college and the scale just kept crawling up. In the process of trying to relearn what hunger feels like, I discovered I'm ok with eating once a day most days. Why not try to do it every day? I would love to get back down to 125 again, but realistically anything under 140 (considered the healthy weight range for my height) I'll be happy with. I'm not as concerned with that final number as I am with how I look and feel. The number is kind of a ballpark. I'm a big nerd, and I would love to feel more comfortable in my cosplays, or cosplay things I've been putting off because I feel like I don't have the right body type.
I'm going to eat my meal between 5 and 7pm, depending on the day. And I guess I officially started last Monday by accident, so 2/12/18.
Looking forward to journeying with you all.

So I guess I'll track all of my progress here, and not just what the scale says. I know longer feel really hungry during the day. And for the first time in months I don't really feel bloated, either. Pretty good way to start the week.

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome to the group! Excited to see your progress!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Look forward to hearing more. I like that OMAD gets rid of feeling bloated. I don't think it is good to have the guts plugged with food all the time.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome Miranda, this is a great group and OMAD is a winning WOE so I am sure you will reach your goals if you stick with it. We are here to encourage and support along the way.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Miranda :)
  • jadeblue14
    Thank you guys! Just finished my meal for the day. Sausage and potatoes and peppers. Feeling mostly good but a little thirsty, so drinking water the rest of the night.
  • istartanew82
    istartanew82 Posts: 30 Member
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    Thank you guys! Just finished my meal for the day. Sausage and potatoes and peppers. Feeling mostly good but a little thirsty, so drinking water the rest of the night.

Sounds good! I had that the other day! Keep going!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I'm a nerd, too. *Vulcan "live long and prosper" sign*
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome!
  • jadeblue14
    You're all awesome. Started this morning with low energy, though that could definitely be the weather. I've got my water bottle and my tea, and I'm set to get through the day.
  • jadeblue14
    I'm a nerd, too. *Vulcan "live long and prosper" sign*

Whoo nerds! Though I appreciate Star Trek, I've always been more of a Star Wars fan (though I am currently a bitter expanded universe fan). And I am big in to comics, particularly Marvel and Saga.
  • Brendalea69
    Dis you see Black Panther? I loved it!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I heard it was great...Ced took Christian (my stepson) and say it was amazing :) I'm a marvel fan too! :blush:
  • jadeblue14
    I loved Black Panther! My boyfriend and I saw it Thursday night. It was such a fun story, and I loved all of the women in it. I definitely want to see it again. Those women are all bad *kitten* goals.
  • jadeblue14
    I decided I'm tracking my weight every day, even logging the upward fluctuations. Weight loss isn't linear, so it's time I got used to that. Yesterday I was up a pound at 178.8. Today I'm back down to 177.6. I know a lot of that is due to sodium intake and water retention. Though I will be very happy when the scale gets under 175.
    Yesterday it was so nice out here, not only did I walk at lunch, but I took an after work walk with my mom and boyfriend. A really slow pace, since she's recovering from heart surgery (and doing great!). And then sushi for dinner, where I ate what felt like way too much food but it all fit for my daily calories.
    Tonight is our weekly trivia at the bar. I'm already planning on having a big steak. Though I definitely feel less concerned about my food choices if I decide I'm craving something else. Not having to plan that all out to include lunch is kind of relieving.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone.
  • dkayingram
    You are doing great!!! Keep it up!!!
  • jadeblue14
    Morning check in. Scale was down to 177.4 this morning. Went out to trivia last night. Didn't have a single french fry (a huge accomplishment). Did have steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. Which were all delicious and the steak was so big. Though I did have a few onion rings that were offered to me. I can feel the sodium retention. So overall, mostly good eating last night. But had I eaten lunch I would have been much more stressed about those onion rings.
    Also kept up my lunch time walk at work. I started doing squats yesterday, too. No weight, and not full range of motion because my hamstrings suck. But I did 20 throughout the day just to get me started.
  • dkayingram
    That is awesome!!! No one can turn down onion rings :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    Morning check in. Scale was down to 177.4 this morning. Went out to trivia last night. Didn't have a single french fry (a huge accomplishment). Did have steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. Which were all delicious and the steak was so big. Though I did have a few onion rings that were offered to me. I can feel the sodium retention. So overall, mostly good eating last night. But had I eaten lunch I would have been much more stressed about those onion rings.
    Also kept up my lunch time walk at work. I started doing squats yesterday, too. No weight, and not full range of motion because my hamstrings suck. But I did 20 throughout the day just to get me started.
    dkayingram wrote: »
    That is awesome!!! No one can turn down onion rings :)

NOR SHOULD YOU EVER HAVE TO! LOL

Good work! Sounds like a delish dinner! I do squats throughout the day too...just restarted last week (now that I'm typing this, perhaps that's why I've been losing so SLOWLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY these last 2 weeks..hmmm)

*SIDE NOTE* Now I want steak :(:s:p
  • Brendalea69
    edited February 2018
    You girls might be holding onto water from doing the squats, I didn't do any exercising until I was close to my goal weight...I can say no to onion rings but french fries is a different story :p
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Hi, Miranda! It's such a pleasure to meet you! Welcome to the forums (although I'm a few days late in saying this). :) I'm fairly new here, myself, but everyone is SO wonderful and supportive. You will certainly find yourself among friends here.

I wanted to chime in that I'm also a pretty big nerd! I don't cosplay, but I collect retro video games and consoles, lol. I'm a huge fan of RPGs in particular, so my SNES, Sega Saturn, and PSX see a lot of use. ;)

Aaaaanyway! Good luck with your weight loss journey! I'm rootin' for ya! <3