February 2018 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess I also didn't lose as much as I hoped for February and only my 2nd month in. I also felt like I did really well but the scale did not reflect. This 50 lbs left to lose feels forever away. But at the end of the day we're successful and reaching our goals!

@NikkiJRM I won't be on a computer today, could you please update my weight to 218 for this week's weigh in? Thank you!
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Start weight October 17th. 184lbs, 5'4"
    1/31- 138
    2/4-137
    2/11- 135
    2/17- 133
    2/25- 132
    2 more pounds to go!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    @jazzb9363 remember when you were striving to get into Onederland? Soooo far from that now! Well done!

Thank you for the reminder! I've been pretty much hanging out around 186 for the past few weeks. Going up and down and back up! I forgot just how far I've come! <3
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you about my week! I ran.... A LOT! I had 473 active minutes last week, most of which were running. Since I wasn't weighing in, I was just focusing on how I was feeling. I felt GREAT! I learned a few things about my goals and I felt a shift in my thinking and how I want to proceed. In the end my main goal is great health, and I am much healthier now than I was just 7 months ago, but I still have some ways to go. My next priority is fitness; physical & mental. I know I can just lose weight, but that alone isn't going to make me happy plus I will still be tired and not in the best shape. Yeah, not into that. Runner's high is a real thing! What's the issue then? All that running and I was famished! I wanted to eat all the things, all day every day. Not that I did, but I wanted to and I'm not happy about that. There's also the issue of my body holding onto water after cardio.

I think I need to sit down and really evaluate a good run/rest schedule and how I'm going to go about eating so I'm not thinking about food all day. Also, back to logging my foods correctly and weighing stuff. Of course daily weighing in is back on as well. Mostly because I like to make changes right away as I need to. Not weighing myself every morning SUCKED!

My final weigh in for this month will be on Wednesday.
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @mznik114 and @veronicaringel: Curious to hear how your NO SCALE week went? Thank you for the challenge. I think it was just the ticket for me to get the needle moving again. I felt like I was approaching a stall in my weight loss and required motivation to keep on a positive trend.

Not weighing myself every day forced me to focus on other important things. Things like keeping my calories restricted by being more careful logging food, keeping track of macros and making good choices. I have to admit, I was getting a bit sloppy the weeks before this challenge.

One of these days I’ll be able to eat keto without being so careful but I’m not there yet. This was only my 8th week of keto and I feel like I still need my keto training wheels for a while longer.

@NikkiJRM: I also feel like I still need my daily visit with my Tanita scale. I’ve learned I can live without it, but I don’t want to.
  • hyperinchrist
    hyperinchrist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    February loss after 50 day stall
    Sunday 2/4 - 205
    Sunday 2/11- 204.1
    Sunday 2/18- 207 changed back Leanne after 2 weeks
    Sunday 2/25 - 201.4

Looking forward to March
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @hyperinchrist what a wonderful week you had!
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    Start weight October 17th. 184lbs, 5'4"
    2/25- 132
    2 more pounds to go!

Awesome to see someone on our thread so close to their end game. What a story! "54 pounds", in just over 4 months, when you reach your goal of 130. Thanks for sharing your success with us. Your hard work and dedication serves as an inspiration for us "Wanna-Bes".
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    LOL @stormywxs288 . I read your profile page and chuckled with your first sentence. I'm 64 and anxiously awaiting age 66 and the benefits that will come with that. My DH reached 66 last year. Woohoo! I've not calculated my "break even point". I might just do that!

FWIW, weight loss is possible even for we seniors. I lost my excess at age 59-60 and have been maintaining since. It is a matter of not quitting.
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    Thank you thank you!!! Not sure how I managed it over night lol but i made it to 130.2 this morning! Woooooooo hoooooo!! Goal is to maintain now. Honestly it's a little overwhelming. It was almost easier to he working toward a loss goal. So my goal now is to take measurements and build muscle. I have an 8, almost 12 and almost 14 yr old. This is the smallest I have been and the healthiest I have been. It feels amazing, but also strange if that makes any sense lol. Now... I wanna be a chick who can do pull ups.. I want to see what my new body can do! Hubs and I signed up for a terrain run.. 5k woth 20 obstacles throughout. It's in June, so my goal is to kick that runs booty :wink:
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    @HaileeJo13, Congrats on reaching your goal. I’ll bet your family is proud to have a fit Mama that can do things an unfit Mama can’t. I hope you stay with us on this thread so we can benefit from your experiences of maintaining and improving your fitness level.

@kpk54, Seniors rock! Although I’ve only been keto for two months, I’ve seen many of the benefits you have. My blood pressure is normal, my clothes fit and I haven’t forgotten where I put my car keys so far this new year. It is reassuring to hear that, “Old Dogs” can learn new tricks. I <3 keto and I <3 eating fat.
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    I'm definitely sticking around. You all are the only ones other than my hubs I really talk to about my journey. I love seeing everyone's progress! And if anyone needs advice i am here. I am not an expert by any means but i can help the best I can. Keto on!!! I have a buffalo chicken pizza in the oven!!! Finally broke down and did the fathead dough for the first time... game changer!
  • hyperinchrist
    Options
    Congratulations @HaideeJo13 nice job and I know you feel alive
  • hyperinchrist
    Options
    Thank you @NikkiJRM it sure is a process learning how to change lifestyle of eating. I’m riddled with medical hypothyroidism, Graves, adrenal insufficiency, Post menopause, so I use grit and prayers.
    I’m on keto and starting to lose this weight and I’m jumping up and down.
    I’m glad to have found you guys and looking for friends as I learn MyFitnessPal
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @mznik114 and @veronicaringel: Curious to hear how your NO SCALE week went? Thank you for the challenge. I think it was just the ticket for me to get the needle moving again. I felt like I was approaching a stall in my weight loss and required motivation to keep on a positive trend.

Not weighing myself every day forced me to focus on other important things. Things like keeping my calories restricted by being more careful logging food, keeping track of macros and making good choices. I have to admit, I was getting a bit sloppy the weeks before this challenge.

One of these days I’ll be able to eat keto without being so careful but I’m not there yet. This was only my 8th week of keto and I feel like I still need my keto training wheels for a while longer.

@NikkiJRM: I also feel like I still need my daily visit with my Tanita scale. I’ve learned I can live without it, but I don’t want to.

@stormywxs288 Im late checking in this week. I MISSED my scale
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 my message was cut off...I made it!! Yes I missed my scale and YES I'm excited to weigh in daily again. But at least I can say I stuck with it....even during shark week. Thanks for thinking of the challenge.
    SW: 265.4
    01/31: 256.3

02/4: 254.4 (-1.9)
    02/11: 252.2 (-2.2)
    02/18: 251.1 (-1.1)
    02/25: 250.6 (-.5)

Total Feb Loss: 5.7
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Been in the gym more consistently and seeing the scale move in the right direction! Only 1 lb 4 oz to go to reach 50 lbs gone...I would love to reach that by Wed.

SW- 237.8
    Jan 31- 196.2
    2/4-194.8
    2/11-190.6
    2/18- 192.1
    2/25- 189.6
    2/28-
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @JoannaVenuto @Lisbydezign @hyperinchrist @HaideeJo13 @mznik114 well look at you girls! All hitting those goals down down down! Well done to all.
    @stormywxs288 @mznik114 @NikkiJRM and anyone else, welcome back to the dark side of OCD weighing!!!

Also, just checked, there are 49 of us using the spreadsheet, yippee doodah!! Well done to all for sticking in there. I'm off to post the March Challenge....... o:)<3o:)<3
  • VeronicaMarie27
    VeronicaMarie27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So overall I was able to finish the month with a slight weight loss. I’m not upset about the small number difference. I strayed many times this month, and especially the last two weeks. We went on a trip with friends this past weekend (with no service and spotty WiFi, so that’s the reason for the delay in posting), and a) there were times I basically had to eat more carbs than I would have liked because otherwise I wouldn’t have been eating. I stuck as closely as I could and I didn’t just mindlessly eat, but when I was hungry. And b) these are my closest friends and we haven’t seen each other in a while, and we were in bathing suits (hot tub), and everyone was commenting on how great I look.

And as for the no scale challenge.... I broke twice this week: first time it was when I was super bloated and feeling crappy from shark week and eating too many carbs. So I was just curious to know what my weight was in that moment (something I do a lot, see what I weigh when I don’t feel my smallest). The second time was right before my trip this weekend when I felt smaller, not bloated, and the day before had been a good one. The scale was still higher than I would have liked, but then I clearly got the scale to come back down after the weekend (had to weigh in on Monday because we got back late). I also ran more this week (I’ve been crazy busy at the lab these last two weeks preparing for a huge meeting at the end of March and have been slacking on my half marathon training), so I wonder if that had anything to do with my weight possibly being up because I personally have noticed I hold onto water weight when I’m doing lots of cardio.

I am committed to this lifestyle and I really intend to keep up with it closely for the next 60 days until my wedding, and see where I end up. I personally have not necessarily experienced the “not being hungry” thing. And I also don’t know if I’ve experienced the energy or mental sharpness... but if I only get the weight loss out of this, I’d still be insanely happy. Looking forward to March- it’s a new month and I’m determined to keep up with it. I really love these challenges and being able to check in weekly because it helps put me in a mindset of restarting even if the previous week didn’t go according to plan.

1/31: 156
    2/4: 155.6
    2/11: 154.4
    2/19: 156.2
    2/26: 155