TEAM: Flab u Less (March)

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,192 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all. It's a cold grey windy day in Ohio. But that won't get me down. Will workout later. I've been getting over 10,000 steps each day for the last few weeks. This is a great motivator to be on Fitbit app and then part of a workweek or weekend step challenge. Gives you that extra incentive to walk those steps, even if you are itching to go to bed.

Thanks Craig for moderating. That must take a lot of time; but you make a big difference in our lives. Keeps us on track. Xo
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi @JulieAL1969 sunny morning here in southern Ontario Canada -1C but will eventually warm up today... I use Fitbit as well and I m always looking for weekly /daily challenges... feel free to add me as a friend on the fitbit app as well at julie bernier.

And yes @craigo3154 thanks for guiding us in theses groups :)
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you @craigo3154! This group definitely help keep me on track!

I'm in southeastern Ohio, finally a sunny day. Hoping the rivers will recede and things can dry out.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969. @Djou11. @Ecowles675. Thank you. I continue to make the effort because it helps so many and I love watching other succeed.

You are the real stars of the show. I'm just part of the support crew.

Wishing you all best success in the coming month and beyond.
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! This is my 3rd month that I will be participating. I had a fantastic January and a not so great February. I’m going to try to make March my best month yet. I’m getting out of my rut now that the weather is starting to warm up here in southeast Texas. I ordered a fitness tracker (off brand from a Fitbit bc we are on one income and it’s all I can afford). I really only want it to track steps, dont really care for the bells and whistles so this one seemed perfect. I get it Thursday! I’m a stay at home mom and I’m embarrassed to say that I would be surprised if I got even 1000 steps a day much less 10000. My goal is to drastically up my movement and stay in my calories most days. Good luck to all of my teammates on losing that weight and getting healthy!

@craigo3154 I commend you for taking the time to do this for us every month. you make it so easy to participate! We appreciate your support.
  • edabl405
    edabl405 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to see I made it on a team today. Good morning from Boise, Idaho. It is -4 Celsius ( had to do the conversion) right now, but should warm up a little during the day. I have to say the cold makes it hard for me to want to move. I have a Fitbit...just since Christmas and thought it would be the “thing”....but realized I also need accountability and encouragement. I was a stay at home mom for as long as I could(son is college graduate) but now am at a desk job. It will be fun getting to know you all as we all are striving to get to that same healthy place! I would love to be added to anyone’s Fitbit.... Darcy Larson.
  • shawna357
    shawna357 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    edabl405 wrote: »
    I was so excited to see I made it on a team today. Good morning from Boise, Idaho. It is -4 Celsius ( had to do the conversion) right now, but should warm up a little during the day. I have to say the cold makes it hard for me to want to move. I have a Fitbit...just since Christmas and thought it would be the “thing”....but realized I also need accountability and encouragement. I was a stay at home mom for as long as I could(son is college graduate) but now am at a desk job. It will be fun getting to know you all as we all are striving to get to that same healthy place! I would love to be added to anyone’s Fitbit.... Darcy Larson.

Hi, welcome to the team, glad to have ya. I too find it hard to get motivated in the cold. My body wants to hibernate lol. I have a fitbit but not sure how to add people. They are great to have. Again welcome and have a blessed day.
  • shawna357
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 , @Djou11, @Ecowles675 , and @aganey great to see ya again. Since in some places it is getting warmer, we are sure to see great results. Thank you for staying dedicated and I believe we may even see first place this time around, we were so close in Feb, so March is going to be successful as well. You all have a blessed day.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am ready for this challenge and plan to use the many tools I have learned to lose weight and build muscle this month. I’m pretty stuck in a rut and need a push to get the scale moving again. I just got back from beautiful southern TX to the cold midwestern plains and am not happy about the ice and snow I have to contend with here. Oh well, spring has to be coming, right? Meanwhile, workouts will be done inside. I have a Fitbit, too, and it’s a great tool to measure progress. I’m out to prove that it’s possible to get better as you get older. Thank you all in advance for your support.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's almost march! I was having some issues with my account can't log in via the app, so I created a new account. This is still Lesscookies1.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    shawna357 wrote: »
    @JulieAL1969 , @Djou11, @Ecowles675 , and @aganey great to see ya again. Since in some places it is getting warmer, we are sure to see great results. Thank you for staying dedicated and I believe we may even see first place this time around, we were so close in Feb, so March is going to be successful as well. You all have a blessed day.

Great motivation Shawna! Yes, let's make March our best month yet! Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Djou11 wrote: »
    Hi @JulieAL1969 sunny morning here in southern Ontario Canada -1C but will eventually warm up today... I use Fitbit as well and I m always looking for weekly /daily challenges... feel free to add me as a friend on the fitbit app as well at julie bernier.

And yes @craigo3154 thanks for guiding us in theses groups :)

I'm not quite sure how to add a friend to my fitbit with just the name. I tried but couldn't. I'll try again. Xo
  • shawna357
    Options
    @nebsip welcome to our team great to have you and I hope to help motivate you.

@Lesscookies12 do I need to let Craig know about your name change? Great to still have you on our team.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Heading into my second month. I'm shooting for March to be better than February. It is very motivating seeing everyone on the same journey that I am. @Craigo3154, I was so lucky to happen upon your February challenge just a few days before it closed. Now I'm ready for March. Thank you for all you do.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    shawna357 wrote: »
    @nebsip welcome to our team great to have you and I hope to help motivate you.

@Lesscookies12 do I need to let Craig know about your name change? Great to still have you on our team.

Yes please @shawna357 thank you!!
  • freyjaguide
    freyjaguide Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Freyja from Iceland. I'm excited to be here!
    I work out at a gym because the weather here is awful. I plan on going on runs outside if spring ever arrives.
  • shawna357
    Options
    @Lesscookies12 he has been notified.

@freyjaguide welcome to our team. This what I like about MFP, meeting people from all over the world. It is great having you on our team.
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone happy to see you all back here :)
    It's my second month with this challenge group and I hope it will be better than last month for me... being at home with the kiddos always gives me access to food and I tend to overeat... I start each day decent and end up going over my calorie count by the end of the day.

To all of you that don't know how to add friends on fitbit... it's super easy
    1- open fitbit app
    2-click on +
    3-add friend
    4-enter email address (mine is juliebernier11@gmail.com feel free to add me if you wish

Let's have an awesome month together :)
  • shawna357
    Options
    mlhopp93 wrote: »
    Hi all. Matt from Indianapolis. Waiting for spring while working on healthy habits. Excited to be part of the team.

Welcome to our team. I am looking forward to spring as well. I am excited to see new teammates each month.
This discussion has been closed.