Love Your Health: Feb Challenge- Week 4 (2/22-2/28)

baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Repeat o' the challenge blurb: :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
Let's show some love to ourselves by selecting a goal that is going to further your health in some way, whether it be physical health or even mental health.

You could make sure your electrolyte levels are better.
Or commit to more exercise.
Or decide to forgo a bad habit you KNOW is hampering your health from being what it could.
Or start a good habit you've been putting off.
Or simply continue to focus on whatever health-conscious New Year's Resolution you made for last month.

And of course, hit dem Basics! :wink:
The Basics? Glad you asked:smirk:
  • Planning ahead!!!
  • Staying under carbs
  • Staying under calories
  • Logging and measuring
  • Getting in exercise/movement if that's one of your goals
  • Keeping an eye on electrolyte levels
  • Getting enough water
  • Planning ahead!!! Oh, wait. I said that already? Yes, I frickin' did. Because you must! "Failing to plan is planning to fail."

:heart: Love your health by "sprinting," (focusing hard and giving your all) for the whole month. It's only 28 days. :heart:
You've got this!

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Food - :-1: Planned, low cost, bean soup dinner, but I still ate higher carb than typical.
    Water - :+1:
    Sleep - :+1:
    Exercise - :+1:
    Workout B
    Deadlift 3x7 @ 80 pounds - at this point my grip is failing before my muscles, I need to see how to improve that
    Barbell press - 3x8 @ 40/30/30 - this should go up to 40/40/30 next week.
    Lat pulldown - 3x8 @ 70
    Lunges - 3x16/14/12 - slowly but surely getting these up
  • baconslave
    Cadori wrote: »
    Food - :-1: Planned, low cost, bean soup dinner, but I still ate higher carb than typical.
    Workout B
    Deadlift 3x7 @ 80 pounds - at this point my grip is failing before my muscles, I need to see how to improve that
    Lat pulldown - 3x8 @ 70

Please share what you find. My lack of grip strength is mightily annoying.
    And also. I hate lunges. :smirk:
  • Cadori
    Workout B
    Lat pulldown - 3x8 @ 70

I mutter hatred at them the entire time.

So far I've read that holding the lift at the top longer will build grip. And some of it may just require I build callouses. Or get gloves. Because my hands burn while I do it in addition to my grip opening. Also, pinching plates is supposed to help.
  • baconslave
    Workout B
    Lat pulldown - 3x8 @ 70

I mutter hatred at them the entire time.

So far I've read that holding the lift at the top longer will build grip. And some of it may just require I build callouses. Or get gloves. Because my hands burn while I do it in addition to my grip opening. Also, pinching plates is supposed to help.

:lol:

Thanks. I'll look into those tips.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    2/22/18 - great day! Carbs only 15 net grams!! I was lazy last night and bought a pizza but only ate the topping. SO Yummy though!!
    2/23/18
    2/24/18
    2/25/18
    2/26/18
    2/27/18
    2/28/18
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    2/22
    1) Steps :)
    2) Candy :)
    3) Carbs :)

2/23
    3) Carbs :(

Have been so busy at work. Today was put aside to do food prep for the coming week so that I can get back on track!!!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    This past week I mostly hit my steps target of 6000 steps per day. Feels good. The last six months I was like a very slow turtle.

This coming week, I'm going to keep it just the same. Just trying to ease into more activity.

Maybe for March, I'll take it up a couple thou.
  • Koso2006
    2/24
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Had an allergic reaction to something this weekend and can't focus on anything else. Hoping to figure it out and get back to my normal routine asap.
  • baconslave
    Had an allergic reaction to something this weekend and can't focus on anything else. Hoping to figure it out and get back to my normal routine asap.

Ugh! I hope you're feeling better and get to the bottom of it soon.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    2/22/18 - great day! Carbs only 15 net grams!! I was lazy last night and bought a pizza but only ate the topping. SO Yummy though!!
    2/23/18 - Carbs - 34 net grams. A little high because I ate at weird times yesterday instead of sticking to a schedule. Ate more than I should have too.
    2/24/18 - Carbs - 12 net grams. Great day!!
    2/25/18 - Carbs - 24 net grams. Pretty good day even though I was not at home and avoided the pizza crust at lunch. Toppings are so good!!
    2/26/18
    2/27/18
    2/28/18
  • Cadori
    Food - :-1: will be having bean soup for dinner again. Outside of my typical carb limit, but planned. Plus, tomorrow is cardio day.
    Sleep - :-1: Not terrible, but lots of tossing and turning
    Exercise - :+1: Did not want to do it, but did
    Workout A
    Squats - 3x8 @ 30 pounds
    Pushup - 3x8
    Inverted Rows - 3x8
    Back extension - 3x12 @ 115 pounds

So not a great day, but not terrible either. So goes Monday...
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Cadori just popped in to check out this challenge and I noticed your question about grip strength with the dead lift. I also noticed that you do a large number of reps. My question is what program are you following? I follow strong lift 5X5. Do you do the opposite hand grip where you have one hand over the bar which is usually your strong hand and the other hand under which is usually your weaker hand? I was having the same issue as you and that made a world of difference!
  • leisfeld
    leisfeld Posts: 8 Member
    Just back from week in Cuba and fell off Keto wagon. Gained about 3 lbs but climbed back on yesterday. Goal is to use new treadmill every morning and keep Carbs below 20g. Fingers crossed I do it. I have to get up at 5 am to do so!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    @baconslave hi there! I haven't been around for a while because my maintenance was a little high for the keto diet. I would like to begin your challenge if that's OK. My goal is recomposition. Not really weight loss but to increase muscle and eliminate fat. That works best following this WOE.
  • baconslave
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @baconslave hi there! I haven't been around for a while because my maintenance was a little high for the keto diet. I would like to begin your challenge if that's OK. My goal is recomposition. Not really weight loss but to increase muscle and eliminate fat. That works best following this WOE.

More than welcome! I'll have a new one starting the 1st for March but it will be a similar premise and I'll post the link in here.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Hi Gang.
    I haven't been here since December 18th. The good news is that I am the exact same weight I was back then. The bad news is that I am at the exact same weight... HAHA.

I've been at a high weight for a while now. I got a Fitbit for Xmas and have been playing with my macros on that site. Love it a lot. Been doing 2miles every day and now I need to bump it up.

I haven't been doing much of Keto or LCHF - just eating.. I decided Yesterday to get back at it again. With the Spring coming I feel renewed! We have a really warm day in New England last week and it got me thinking about short sleeves and pretty dresses. I've been hiding under loose clothing and bulky sweaters and cardigans.

I'm doing one good week of Keto with IF this week. Figured I needed a bump start.
    Hope y'all are doing well.
    I will try to check in more now to keep at it! - Again...

• Koso2006
    2/25

2/26
    3) Carbs :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Keeping up with my 6000 steps most days...for the win!
    Contemplating a 1000 step raise on the first. Not too drastic, and I feel pretty adapted to 6000 after a couple weeks.
    Don't want to rush things...but don't want to get stagnant either.
    Trying to be the turtle not the hare, for once.
  • Cadori
    @slimzandra - Great to see you!