Love Your Health: Feb Challenge- Week 4 (2/22-2/28)

Options
2»

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @Cadori just popped in to check out this challenge and I noticed your question about grip strength with the dead lift. I also noticed that you do a large number of reps. My question is what program are you following? I follow strong lift 5X5. Do you do the opposite hand grip where you have one hand over the bar which is usually your strong hand and the other hand under which is usually your weaker hand? I was having the same issue as you and that made a world of difference!

I'm currently following Nia Shanks' 2x/week program because that's what I'm able to get to the gym for. I know Stronglifts is 1x5 for the deadlift, but I don't think that 3x5-7 is too high. I was looking into to switching to SL starting next week, but am only able to lift 2x per week, so I haven't completely decided.

I have used a mixed grip, but would rather increase my grip strength and use mixed grip at higher weight/as a last resort. Also, I think I really just need more callouses. It's more of a burn factor than a failing grip factor.
  • Cadori
    Options
    Today's check in (I wonder how many posts in a row I can do...)

Food :+1:
    Water :+1:
    Sleep :+1:
    Exercise :+1:
    MAF training - 15:21 mile
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Hi Gang.
    I haven't been here since December 18th. The good news is that I am the exact same weight I was back then. The bad news is that I am at the exact same weight... HAHA.

I've been at a high weight for a while now. I got a Fitbit for Xmas and have been playing with my macros on that site. Love it a lot. Been doing 2miles every day and now I need to bump it up.

I haven't been doing much of Keto or LCHF - just eating.. I decided Yesterday to get back at it again. With the Spring coming I feel renewed! We have a really warm day in New England last week and it got me thinking about short sleeves and pretty dresses. I've been hiding under loose clothing and bulky sweaters and cardigans.

I'm doing one good week of Keto with IF this week. Figured I needed a bump start.
    Hope y'all are doing well.
    I will try to check in more now to keep at it! - Again...

Welcome back!!!!! :)
  • carlsoda
    Options
    2/22/18 - great day! Carbs only 15 net grams!! I was lazy last night and bought a pizza but only ate the topping. SO Yummy though!!
    2/23/18 - Carbs - 34 net grams. A little high because I ate at weird times yesterday instead of sticking to a schedule. Ate more than I should have too.
    2/24/18 - Carbs - 12 net grams. Great day!!
    2/25/18 - Carbs - 24 net grams. Pretty good day even though I was not at home and avoided the pizza crust at lunch. Toppings are so good!!
    2/26/18 - carbs - 32 net grams. Started feeling sick when I was cooking dinner and ended up eating some chicken noodle soup. It's actually pretty low carb considering!
    2/27/18
    2/28/18
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    So the allergic reaction I had caused a huge rash across my neck and upper chest. It was very itchy but after some research I know it's not shingles like a friend suggested, phew! Hubby wanted me to go to the gym with him Sat and I should have gone. Sunday and yesterday I stopped using the rash as an excuse not to work out, elliptical both days. Going again tonight but maybe treadmill and weights or bike/weights.

Will make better goals for March.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi Cadori! Nice to be seen again.

I just got my 6K steps in. Woohoo! I started at a slow 3K steps and working my way up.
    Elize7, I'm following your lead. I get burnt out and sore if I start doing too much. I agree set a goal maintain it for a while then bump it up a bit. Rinse, repeat.

So far, a good day!
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    2/26 - Finally got back on the elliptical after so long
    2/27 - I have my group HIIT class today. Not looking forward to it... I'm the youngest one in the class and the most out of shape.
  • Cadori
    Options
    Food - :+1:
    Water - :+1:
    Sleep - :+1:
    Exercise - :+1: MAF training again, but slower time today. 16:14 mile.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Got my 5K steps in this morning! I just drank a Chai Tea Latte!! Oh Darn. 45g of Carbs?? What the heck??? I thought it was tea.. Oh Boy. Looks like a meat day from here on out.
  • Cadori
    Options
    Got my 5K steps in this morning! I just drank a Chai Tea Latte!! Oh Darn. 45g of Carbs?? What the heck??? I thought it was tea.. Oh Boy. Looks like a meat day from here on out.

I love them, but unfortunately they're sweetened. :(
  • tishsmith101
    Options

That's me and mocha latte, extremely rare treat now.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options

That's me and mocha latte, extremely rare treat now.

I think they have a skinny mocha syrup available at places like Starbucks that isn't as bad.
    Better to do an Americano with cream and skinny syrup or sugar free syrups or something.

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/how-to-order-low-carb-keto-at-starbucks-and-10-low-carb-starbucks-copycat-recipes/
    There's even a Youtube video on it...lol!

I always have Truvia packets in my purse. :blush:
  • baconslave
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ACK! I need to put next months challenge up. It's the 28th already! :scream:

EDIT:
    Here we go:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10646919/march-2018-mindfulness-challenge-week-1-3-1-3-7/p1?new=1
  • Cadori
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    ACK! I need to put next months challenge up. It's the 28th already! :scream:

EDIT:
    Here we go:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10646919/march-2018-mindfulness-challenge-week-1-3-1-3-7/p1?new=1

No raise for you!! ;)
  • tishsmith101
    Options
    @baconslave I think I've had the Starbucks skinny mocha latter. I'd have one again, I'm just not near one very often. I'll check out the link, thanks! I carry Truvia packets too, my friends give me looks but I don't care LOL

Thinking about March goals now
  • carlsoda
    Options
    2/22/18 - great day! Carbs only 15 net grams!! I was lazy last night and bought a pizza but only ate the topping. SO Yummy though!!
    2/23/18 - Carbs - 34 net grams. A little high because I ate at weird times yesterday instead of sticking to a schedule. Ate more than I should have too.
    2/24/18 - Carbs - 12 net grams. Great day!!
    2/25/18 - Carbs - 24 net grams. Pretty good day even though I was not at home and avoided the pizza crust at lunch. Toppings are so good!!
    2/26/18 - carbs - 32 net grams. Started feeling sick when I was cooking dinner and ended up eating some chicken noodle soup. It's actually pretty low carb considering!
    2/27/18 - 18 net carbs! Lower food day because I wasn't feeling well. BUT GUESS WHAT??? When I'm sick I usually crave crab like crazy - nope not yesterday! YAY!!!!
    2/28/18
  • baconslave
    Options
    @baconslave I think I've had the Starbucks skinny mocha latter. I'd have one again, I'm just not near one very often. I'll check out the link, thanks! I carry Truvia packets too, my friends give me looks but I don't care LOL

Thinking about March goals now

I never go. The last time I actually got coffee, it was Dunkin. Similar principle though. I mostly make my stuff at home using a Diet or Light Cocoa packet, halfnhalf or powdered creamer, and Pyure or Truvia and liquid sucralose. Sometimes I add a dash of caramel sugar free Torani or some similar.