Miranda's Progress thread

Replies

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hope we get to see pics of those dumplings! I'm a sucker for those types of noms. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hope we get to see pics of those dumplings! I'm a sucker for those types of noms. :)

OHHHHHHHH agreeeeed!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    Humpty Dumpling sounds like a yummy place to eat...Yay on the heart rate :)
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    I totally lied and finished dinner before I even though to take a picture. But if anyone is interested, here's their website: http://humptysdumplings.com/#Media-Section
    Totally worth the continued sodium bloat. It will all balance out eventually. And That's what I love about this WOE. There's no depriving of tasty food. Of course, everything in moderation, but if I want dumplings, I have dumplings.
    Feeling a little sluggish this morning. I slept a little too soundly and didn't move in my sleep like I usually do, so my shoulder is a little sore. Going to do some stretches throughout the day to loosen it up.
    Wednesdays are trivia night at our bar. I'm planning on steak and either mashed or baked potatoes and mixed veggies for dinner. They make their steak with bleu cheese butter on top and frizzled onions. I used to ask for both to be left off because I was concerned for calories, but I will still have plenty of room today for both.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    your dinner sounds great. I also love the WOE so easy and no deprivation!
  • mistymeadows2005
    OMGGGGGGGGGGG both the dumplings and the steak sound SO GOOD - can't wait to break this fasttttttttttttt :p:p:p
  • jadeblue14
    OMGGGGGGGGGGG both the dumplings and the steak sound SO GOOD - can't wait to break this fasttttttttttttt :p:p:p

That's my only problem with reading about what everyone else is eating. I want to eat it all!
  • mistymeadows2005
    jadeblue14 wrote: »

That's my only problem with reading about what everyone else is eating. I want to eat it all!

ME TOO! Though to be fair that happens even if I'm not OMADing LMAO :D:D:D
  • sunnycobayo
    I could stare at pics of their food all day, YUM! :9

I love trivia nights! I hope y'all win. :) Let us know how it goes!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    pounding water always helps me after a sodium binge :)
  • jadeblue14
    edited March 2018
    Morning everyone! I'm going to try to catch up with everyone through out the day. But I hope you are all having a lovely Thursday.
    Scale moved down to 175.6 this morning. So that's a nearly 8 pound loss since I started tracking around valentines day. I wound up having that steak and onion rings last night (all still within my calorie goal). And they were delicious.
    Tonight's plan is a home chef meal. Does anyone else use meal delivery services? We've been using them on and off since October, and both my boyfriend and I really like it. And we're not throwing out nearly as much food that never got eaten. We're going to make salmon with green beans and dill crema. I'll probably add a snack or 2 with dinner if I'm still hungry.
    Still feel a little bloated from the sodium. But I'm drinking my water and lots of tea, and it'll work itself out.
    Oh! Trivia! So we usually do really well, but last night was rough for our team. There are 6 rounds. We won 1, and tied for 2 others but lost the tie breaker.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Ah man, sorry about the trivia :(. But woo hoo on the scale way to go that is super awesome!!!!!

We have used one the meal delivery services before and it was pretty cool. I really enjoy cooking though and sometimes I create my own recipes :) so those delivery services really aren't for me!

• mistymeadows2005
    NICE WORK babe! 8 pounds in a few weeks is FANTASTIC! :) KUTGW!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I agree, 8 pounds since Valentine's day is Awesome! :)
  • sunnycobayo
    That's an incredible amount lost since Valentine's Day. Congrats! :) Sorry to hear about trivia, but there's always next time, right? ;) I know half of the time we go out for trivia, we're really just there for the beer, LOL! Maybe eventually we will try to actually start winning for a change, haha. <3
  • sammygold2015
    We used to do Trivia night, the later the night got, the sillier the answers were (lots of alcohol).

Congrats on the 8lbs! That is a great achievement!
  • jadeblue14
    Down to 174.8 this morning! We had the salmon from home chef, some mochi, and then I made myself a small plate of cheese fries because I was still hungry and had a ton of calories still to eat. Feeling pretty good this morning. Think the sodium bloat is finally gone.
    We have another home chef meal for tonight. Chicken beurre blanc with carrots and parsnips. I'll probably add some more food again if I'm still hungry just to make sure I'm eating enough calories.
  • sammygold2015
    How many calories are you trying to get in?
  • mistymeadows2005
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    Down to 174.8 this morning! We had the salmon from home chef, some mochi, and then I made myself a small plate of cheese fries because I was still hungry and had a ton of calories still to eat. Feeling pretty good this morning. Think the sodium bloat is finally gone.
    We have another home chef meal for tonight. Chicken beurre blanc with carrots and parsnips. I'll probably add some more food again if I'm still hungry just to make sure I'm eating enough calories.

ALL of that sounds amazinggggg!!! I love salmon...and anything involving the words "buerre blanc" lol! Glad you're losing and kicked that bloat! WOOT WOOT!
  • sunnycobayo
    I'm also interested in hearing about your caloric goals. :) I feel like there might be a day when I'll have to start counting calories (although I really don't want to). Do you feel like there's a greater likelihood of success with OMAD when paired with calorie counting, or is it something you like to do moreso to track specific nutrients? :) Just curious! <3