TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options
craigo3154
craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Craig @craigo3154.

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to March!!

My name is Ashley @AB0215 I will be your captain for this month. Gloria @gjaholy33 will be your Co-Captain.

Here's a little about me:
    I am 32, and I have been overweight basically my entire life and in the last 18 months or so, I decided to change that, I decide that my 30s really will be the best years yet!! I am currently down over 50 lbs and still going, however I don't actually have a goal weight as I weight train and I realize that my weight will likely be more than one of those ridiculous BMI charts, but I do have a fat % goal, so I will know my goal weight when I get there, but it's not really possible for me to know what it is along the way, I just know that I'd like to continue my downward trend!!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month, I'd actually like to encourage this as I know that for me it helps me to have some accountability and helps me reach my goals when I share them..and with that in mind, my goal this month is to lose 5 pounds, and increase my weight training by 20 lbs each lift (squats, deadlifts, bench press).

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. (If your take is "this is not what I signed up for", that is up to you). I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle".

A side note as there was a bit of confusion for new members last month, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post
    (Tell us a brief description about your day or goals)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Water Intake: how many ounces? (optional--but good to help keep track)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

This is my second month leading the team and I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!! Feel free to friend me, I have an open diary and I follow a Ketogenic diet for any that may be interested in that and to see what I eat in a day.

Welcome to February and let's make things happen this month together!!

Your Captain,
    Ashley (@AB0215)
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hello Team! I'm Sana. February wasn't the best month in terms of calories but I was able to lose 5 pounds in the January challenge and maintained that loss during February. For some reflecting, I think February was a lot of "I'll start tomorrow" I also ate out a lot during February which wasn't very good for my goals either. I have also struggled with weekend overeating. I'm excited for a fresh start in March and want it to be as successful as January was! My goals for this month are to get to 185 pounds, drink at least 64 ounces of water a day, improve weekend overeating by tracking and being conscientious about my eating, and eating out a maximum 1 time a week. These will be my main focuses. I really want to get back up and start losing again.

Good luck to everyone!
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello - my name is Emily and I've been recommitted to losing weight since December. I've lost about 18lbs so far but I've got 58lbs to go to reach my goal of 150lbs. I haven't been at a normal BMI since 2002, but got close in 2012 when I lost 35lbs before my wedding in 2012 - which I lost via MFP! I gained 60lbs in six years - ouch!

Now, I'm done having children and done being obese. My issue is that my busy life has me grabbing fast food far too often and my general fatigue makes exercise feel like torture. A couple of months ago I realized that my body isn't tolerating alcohol very well anymore so I quit drinking, socially or otherwise.

My goal for March is to get at least 30g of protein with breakfast, limit carbs to 80g per day, drink my water and introduce light exercise. My weight loss goal for the month 10lbs for a goal weight of ~195lbs.
  • nfabros
    nfabros Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi Slimsons,

My name is Nhu. I just recommitted to losing weight this past week (sun start). I tend to be a yo-yo dieter the last 4+ years. I was doing well last summer until I sprained my ankle and couldn’t work out for 4 months.

My goal is to lose weight to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight from 16 years ago. As of last Sunday, I was the highest I have ever been - 125.6lbs. I’m 5’1 so this is a lot for me. I want to lose about 20 lbs.

I started counting my calories and eating healthier meals again without being too restrictive on the types of food I eat at dinner - as long as it’s in moderation and within my daily calorie limit. Since Sunday, I have lost 4.6 lbs by eating about 800-1000 cals a day on average and drinking 128 oz of water. My goal is 1200 a day but since I have been eating really lean during the day, I never hit 1200.

Today, I went back to the gym to work out with my trainer. We did strength training - abs, arms, shoulders, legs, and core. I worked out to for an hour. I drank 128 oz of water today (which is my daily goal) and by the time I finish dinner, will have eaten about 800 calories in 4 meals.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories no
    Exercise walking, cooking, cleaning, 1 hr
    What a bomb out today!

@mexiconona. Please post daily updates in this thread. The registration thread will be closed in a few days.

Well done for tracking. With tracking you can start to work out where the "hidden" on non-filling calories may be that push you over the daily budget.

Well done too for keeping active. This is important.
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Howdy fellow Slimsons! I am looking forward to another great month. Lost over 20lbs in February and I’m looking forward to continuing that trend for March. My official weigh in day is Wednesday but, as of today I am @ 299.5 and OUT OF THE 300’s! Buh-bye 300’s! Dont let the door hit ya on the way out and don’t you EVER come back!

Daily Post
    Happy Friday ‘s eve. So happy to be back in my controlled food environment and I don’t have any plans coming up to be going out to eat anytime soon. Next thing on my calendar is my anniversary on the 28th.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes and under
    Exercise: Nope
    Water Intake: 70oz ish
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow team mates! I am new here and very happy to be part of this group. I need accountability as well as motivation! I have been "bad" since Thanksgiving and finally starting to do better! In the meantime I did gain an extra 10 lbs and my pants are TIGHT! I'm not willing to buy new ones either! I follow a low carb high protein high fat diet which was worked well for me in the past. Me and carbs don't seem to play well together :) I am also really looking forward to spring so I can start getting outside consistently to get in lots of extra steps..maybe even a little jogging! Anyhow...day 1 here we go!!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Hello March team Slimsons!!!
    Looking forward to another awesome month of weight loss!
    I joined in December, and have stayed because this group is very supportive and helps keep me accountable.

My goal for March is to lose 5+ lbs. I want to start April at 165 or lower.

Cheers!!
  • WinkyElf
    WinkyElf Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy March 1st!
    This is my first group challenge, so I’m still getting used to the MFP community pages.
    I used CICO to lose 30 pounds a few years ago, then I stopped using it and gained it right back. Stress eating, especially end of day snacking, are things that I am working on, and tracking everything helps me avoid it. I re-started in Feb. and lost 3 lbs, and am hoping to lose 5 in March.
    I have also started using FitBit to track my walking, along with my whole family.

Question for @AB0215 - I am going to be out of town 3/15-3/19. Should I log my measurement early that week? Also, is there an easy way to have a shortcut to get to this group? Thank you!
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hello team! My name is Jennifer and I am a 39 y/o married mother of an almost college graduate :smiley: I was very athletic during school, playing multiple sports, and even after I had my daughter as a teenager I was still very active playing on a womens softball league. However after a miscarriage and anxiety issues I found myself over 240 lbs. At a short 5'2" , that weight took a toll on my body but especially my knees AND my anxiety got worse. A few years ago, after getting diagnosed with High blood pressure and developed a heart murmur, I decided that I wanted my life back. The last 2 years have had many ups and downs but I am currently 186.2. I would love to hit 140 but I will stop when I feel I am healthy. I have learned that I need accountability so I hope this helps.
  • nfabros
    nfabros Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 2 went well.

Tracked and still trending at 800-900 cals a day. I tend to do well when I know exactly what I’m eating and when. Much easier when I’m not traveling for work so next week will be a a true test.

Worked out today with my trainer for an hour. Boy was I sore this morning after yesterday’s workout. But I made it back for day 2 so feeling good.

Track: yes
    Cals: yes
    Workout: yes
    Water: 128 by EOD
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Howdy fellow Slimsons! I am looking forward to another great month. Lost over 20lbs in February and I’m looking forward to continuing that trend for March. My official weigh in day is Wednesday but, as of today I am @ 299.5 and OUT OF THE 300’s! Buh-bye 300’s! Dont let the door hit ya on the way out and don’t you EVER come back!

Daily Post
    Happy Friday ‘s eve. So happy to be back in my controlled food environment and I don’t have any plans coming up to be going out to eat anytime soon. Next thing on my calendar is my anniversary on the 28th.

Congrats!!! So very awesome!!!
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    feeling pretty motivated today!
    Exercise: yes
    Water Intake: 70+oz
  • crazedknight
    Options

Daily Post

Congrats!!! So very awesome!!!

Thanks @jennfalzon1979 !
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Daily Post
    3/01 was a great day! Back on track and rocked it!
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - almost 14,000 steps plus 20 minutes of yoga
    Water Intake: LOTS!!! I drink so much water during the day it's crazy!!
  • WinkyElf
    WinkyElf Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    3/1 went well
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes - bike ride
    Water: 64 - my goal:)
  • crazedknight
    Options
    Daily Post
    Happy Friday! Had a good tracking day yesterday. My Bride made some homemade cabbage slaw with peanut chicken. So good! I got my paws on some fresh ginger so I started a ginger bug culture to make some homemade ginger ale and maybe root beer later. Hope it turns out.
    Track: Of course!
    Calories: Yup and under. Fat was a tad high but evens out since I am typically low on fat the rest of the week
    Water Intake: 64oz ish
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I don’t know where I have been recording!
    Anyway
    Starting weight 157.8 on Monday
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes. Walking
    Please send me exactly where I am suppose to record.
  • carlsoda
    edited March 2018
    Options
    3/02 Another great day!
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - almost 14,000 steps
    Water Intake: Yes
This discussion has been closed.