Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just had a week off on holiday. Put on weight and running today was hard. But I'm pushing through it! Keep on and it gets easier and even enjoyable
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Finally able to start week 3 day 1. We've had like 3 inches of rain in the last few days and I was getting sick of the elliptical.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. I am starting this again for the 4th time. I finish each year and then manage to get an injury that sidelines me. The last one was bad. I managed to gain back all of my weight, which makes this round of C25K even tougher. I am following the plan, even though I feel like I should be further along. I just don't want another injury so soon. I have W4, D3 on the schedule for today. Tomorrow will be a rest day due to the expected Nor'easter.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @woodwardtm Don't be afraid to repeat a week as a way to let your body adjust to the new workload.
    When training for Half Marathon's I add a few extra weeks into the schedule as a Cut-back where I reduce my total running distance to the previous weeks or a Hold where I maintain the same distance for a 2nd week. I used to get calf muscle tears/injuries and since starting this have had no issues.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 Thanks for the advice. I generally have knee injuries. They don't hold up like they used to. I have to learn to have rest days instead of trying to run EVERY weekday. It is just not something my knees seem to be able to handle any more.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    completed
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    zorbaru wrote: »
    completed

excellent! Congratulations.
  • LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My brother runs several marathons a year.... aged in his late 40s. His main advice is train less rather than risk injury by training more. I listened to the pain in my knees at first, but since losing 22lb I find it has mostly gone away. Not entirely. But it's considerably less.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    @juliet3455 Thanks for the advice. I generally have knee injuries. They don't hold up like they used to. I have to learn to have rest days instead of trying to run EVERY weekday. It is just not something my knees seem to be able to handle any more.

With C25K you shouldn't be running every day. The plan is designed to be alternate days, giving you an opportunity for rest or cross training.
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    Week 5 day 1 done...and boy it felt like a lot more running than week 4 day 3. Just keep pacing I guess.
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    Week 6, day 2 is kicking my booty. I might have to do this week over.
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    okay week 7, day 1 in the books and it was much easier than I anticipated. I also ran a different route than normal and I really enjoyed it.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone. @amgreenwell Changing up the routes is always a good idea, slightly differant scenery and terrain helps keep it interesting.
  • celloeuse
    celloeuse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Restarting again. Currently on w2, but I'm modifying it so the jump to w3 doesn't kick my *kitten* so hard this time. going to be turning each week into three and building up my times in smaller increments. I booked myself for a run in September so that's plenty of time. I also have bad knees due to being fat and also irish step dance so "easy does it" is the name of the game
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    Alright, week 8 day two is tomorrow and my 5k race is April 14th. Feeling good.
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    Finished up with week 8, day three this morning. I'll repeat this week one more time before my 5k race next weekend.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finished up with week 8, day three this morning. I'll repeat this week one more time before my 5k race next weekend.

Awesome job!

I would take it easy the two or three days prior to the race, maybe just run a mile or so.

Have fun!
  • amgreenwell
    Options
    @Just_Ceci Thanks! tomorrow is race day and I haven't run since Tuesday b/c my throat has been on fire and my sinuses are killing me. I'll push through tomorrow but I honestly wish I felt better. Here's to trying, right??!!
  • Slobadobb
    Slobadobb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    W1d1 here. Starting again as I have a 5k next month and I probably need to start training for it. Hoo boyyyy