TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday )
    Day/Goals: Went to fix a truck.. Mostly fixed a truck. Ended the day having an altercation with my ole man.. Sigh.. Can't choose family. Still pretty disappointed tho.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Spent most of the day with my heart-rate in my optimum aerobic zone.
    Water Intake: Only just enough.
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 300
    Todays Weight: 296.7

Woohoo! Helooooo 2’s town! Been awhile since I have been under 300.
  • crazedknight
    Options
    Daily Post
    Happy humpday! Had an interesting day yesterday. Ate all my calories and mostly the usual food I eat but I was super hungry all day. Not sure what that was all about but I kept my self control and stayed under my Calorie’s.
    Track: Of course!
    Calories: Yup and under. Not crazy under, just under a couple hundred.
    Exercise: Nope
    Water Intake: 86oz ish
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    3/06 - another great day!!
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise lots!
    Water lots!

Favorite veggies: right now it's cauliflower rice. Oh my goodness I just tried it for the first time last week and it is actually good. It takes on the flavor of the other foods you mix it with and actually feels like you're eating rice. I have it for lunch for the next 3 days mixed with ground beef, peppers, celery and some Trader Joe's 21 spice mix. YUM!!

Favorite fruit: strawberries! Come on spring - it's time for some GOOD strawberries in the stores!
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Daily Post-Tuesday-- was pretty busy today. lots of farm chores to do plus my regular work day. exhausted by the time I snuggled into bed with the pups (hubs is out of town-dogs sleep in his place;) ) but an overall good day
    Track: yes
    Calories: Yup and over by 41 cals-dang sweet tooth.
    Exercise: yes
    Water Intake: lost track-at least 75 ozs

fav veggie-- sweet potato
    fav fruit-- frozen blueberries! or bananas
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday

Calories: No, not even close.
    Exercise: barely
    Water: 120 oz

So on top of my exhaustion (and my baby girl being sick), I think I am getting sick. It's hard to tell because I don't get the fever, chills, aches, etc... I just get exhaustion. And the past few days of getting 2-4 hrs per night, has probably left me wide open for sickness. So now I am sick, and the usual exhaustion is now paired with random moments of dizziness.

I am tracking what I am eating, but I am not staying in my calories. I will eat when I am hungry, or when I need a little boost of energy. I will gain this week, but as long as I keep it around 2 lbs or less, I am ok with it.
  • rlaratte
    rlaratte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Day/Goals: I want to eat very clean today.
    Exercise: rope jumping slow- burned 364 calories in 30 minutes
    Water Intake:On point so far 27oz

• WinkyElf
    WinkyElf Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday:
    Track: Yes. Even those late night chocolate chips.
    Calories: under! I worked hard for that chocolatey treat :smile:
    Exercise: Yes - bike
    Water: Yes- 66oz
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday:
    Track: Yes!
    Calories: Over by only a little bit. Still at deficit!
    Exercise: No.
    Water: Around 50 ounces I think. Rough estimate since all of my water wasn't from my water bottle which is the only way I know how much I had.

Comments:
    Still need to work on water intake. I need at least 64 ounces a day but at least I'm close. TODAY will definitely be under because last night's dinner didn't go as planned. I'm also planning on doing studying most of the day.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @jennfalzon1979 Cauliflower and cucumbers are some of my go to low carb veggies, cauliflower for a potato substitute and cucumbers with ranch for a snack. I love berries in general and thankfully those are low carb fruits as well. I have never had a dragonfruit, but I love the "flavor" in some of like the vitamin water type drinks so I imagine I'd like a dragonfruit.
    I also think you're off to a great start this month and the scale is reflecting your hard work!! Congrats!!

@gjaholy33 Strawberries are my all time favorite fruit and I love grapes, super delicious!!
    I am super proud of you!! You kicked butt last month and you're still rocking it this month!! I am glad to see you headed in the right direction and it's super motivating!!

@143tobe So reading your post on the veggie made me laugh. I LOVE salad and of course that's mostly lettuce and a few added things to make it amazing, so while I wouldn't think of just eating it alone, I love dark green lettuce, and bananas....one of the greatest tasting fruits that I do sometimes miss.
    Also, glad you found your way back to us!! Keep plugging along, you will get there!!

@memery7 Green beans and watermelon, yum. I eat green beans at least once a week and while I don't eat it much anymore due to it's sugar content, I LOVE watermelon!!
    Great job keeping on target despite having a challenging day!!

@gemwolf110 So if I was going to answer my own question, I would have answered it EXACTLY like you did. I was never one of those kids that wouldn't eat her veggies and have been addicted to broccoli since I was a child, and strawberries, I must get that from my mom because to this day, we still go to the strawberry fest every year.

@mexiconona I LOVE artichoke, particularly in spinach and artichoke dip, can't say I've ever tried it with lemon butter, but I bet that's good, most veggies are tasty with butter! And while I only eat it once a year (for my birthday) I love white flaky fish battered and fried in a mango sauce, and probably that's when I decided that mangos were amazing.

@JJKM02 Green beans and strawberries, some of the best out there!!! Yum!

@crazedknight It's SOOO exciting when you get to see a new leading number on the scale!! CONGRATS!!! Keep up the great work!!

@carlsoda I know how you feel about the strawberries. While it's a lot closer to where my parents live now than where I live since I moved across state lines (but still in driving distance from my parents) there's a tiny town that has a "Strawberry Fest" and we go every year because it marks the unofficial beginning to summer, the strawberry season and the amazing summer fruits that come after. It's a family tradition, since my mom and me share a love of strawberries.
    Also, you're off to a great start to the month, keep up the great work!!

@tinak33 I really hope you get better fast!! Being sick and taking care of a sick little one is hard, but harder when you're not able to get the rest you need!!

@rlaratte Great start to the month!! Keep it up!! No matter how hard I try, jumping rope is hard!! I can lift a couple hundred pounds, but jump rope...nope, that beats me every time!! Good for you though, it's one of the best cardio workouts you can get!!

@Fyreside I completely understand about the family thing. Family is hard. I think that you have to try and take it with a grain of salt, or lots of grains of salt, as it seems in my family. I love them, but there's a reason that I bought a house 2 rivers away from them.
    Reading your daily post about staying in the optimal aerobic zone reminded me of this class that my gym was offering a trial of for a while. It was enlightening. I learned so much about myself. Basically they monitor your hear rate while you exercise (which I do anyway) and show you real time results and post it on this board while you're going through this class. I couldn't get into the "burnzone" while doing running or the rowing machine, but put some weights in my hand and I perform at peak or optimal. Maybe that's why I tend to lean towards weight training because it's the only time I'm able to get a good cardio workout...and I love being able to lift..and feel strong..but completely disappointing that no matter how hard I try I can't just do straight cardio to get my hear rate up...
    You're off to a great start this month, keep it up!!

@jenngitch Yum, blueberries. I didn't used to like them, but recently, I've started really really liking them and this might be because I gave up sugar and blueberries are one of the lower sugar fruits. I do LOVE bananas, so tasty!! Also, 41 calories isn't a huge overage in the long run....especially if you're active, that can really help negate it!

@WinkyElf First of all, I have to say that I love your username. Also, great job staying on track with your goals, sometimes when you work hard for something, it's that much sweeter when you get it, especially when you fit it into your goals!!

@ssssanaaaa You know, the water intake might be one of those heavily debated issues in science today. The original goal that we've always been told, you know drink 64 oz, is kind of an arbitrary number someone made up once and everyone went with it. Now "they" are recommending that you drink half your body weight in water (oz) per day. Now I do aim for this amount, which for me would be around 90 oz. I think that's probably enough water to drown a fish, but based on output, it's probably where I need to be, but everyone is different. I eat low carb, and carbs encourage water retention, so I am not retaining water in the traditional sense, so I do need more water than average people, so I really try to drink my 3 ltrs a day. And how I manage to do this is everyday I fill up my 3 water bottles which are each 1 ltr. I drink them until they are all gone, and then I've met my goal. I tried just counting my water, I always lost track. I can only keep track of so many things in a day, and I've exceeded my limit these days and I am sure that's only going to get worse!!
    I think you're doing great though, you're mindful, realize where you need improvement and that's probably one of the biggest hurdles to get over, and you're well on your way!!

@6andromeda9 Keep up the great work!!

I think I am finally caught up!! I normally have way more free time to spend here than I have had this week and it's been a bit more challenging to keep up with you guys! I have probably a few more days of studying before I take my certification test and then all should be back to normal.
    I am really glad that Gloria @gjaholy33 has been doing such a great job of keeping up with you in my absence!! Kudos to her!
    And kudos to all of you guys, you're all doing so great!! Keep it up!!
  • WinkyElf
    WinkyElf Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Weekly question!
    My favorite fruit is Strawberries, but the one I eat the most often is apples- Jazz or Honey Crisps are my favorite. Mandarin oranges come in at a close second.

For vegetables, broccoli is superior to all other veggies (but don’t overcook it!), but I’m a huge spinach fan too. I thought I didn’t like either when I was a little kid, but it turns out I just don’t like them boiled to death with too much salt (sorry grandma).
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. 1 hour body combat. Too lazy for aqua fit
    Water 80 ounces

My 3 year old is driving me bonkers. So damn tired
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 60 minutes in the pool for aquafit
    Water about 80 oz

Today was my oldest son’s final high school hockey game! Our whole life has centered around hockey schedules, road trips, skate sharpenings for seven months of the year for the past 14 years...plus two years of skating before that. Now it is over! Hard to believe! Well now we wait for spring to arrive and lacrosse to start!!!
  • nfabros
    nfabros Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Tuesday
    Cals: under with exercise
    Water: 150 oz

Daily post: Wednesday
    Cals: over
    Exercise: no
    Water: 140 oz
  • AB0215
    Options
    @WinkyElf Strawberries and broccoli...those are just the best foods, like ever. Definitely don't overcook the broccoli though...

@jennfalzon1979 I don't envy people with kids...toddlers...etc. I regularly take care of my 3 year old niece and I literally do not know how people with little ones have a life. I was too damn tired to to anything after I put her to bed.

@JJKM02 Well, at least hockey is done? LOL, it's always something, but at least he's active!! Kids these days do not get nearly the activity necessary....so at least you don't have to worry about that!

@gemwolf110 You are crushing it!! Keep it up!!

@nfabros That is some serious water intake! Great job!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Day/Goals: Planned rest day, but I got in some dog walking for the Humane Society.
    Exercise: 30-45 mins dog walking.
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Daily Post-
    Another roller coaster ride day.
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Over
    Exercise 15min exercise bike
    Water Yes
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes. Walking 20 min.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/07
    Calories: yes
    Water: yes
  • crazedknight
    Options
    Daily Post
    Happy Friday Eve! Wow what a great meal day yesterday. Breakfast and lunch were pretty much my norm and dinner was a really good salmon but what made it great was I was under all my goals (which is normal) but just under which was awesome. The scale seriously thanked me this morning by dropping 2 lbs which put me at over 30lbs down and under 40 BMI. Woot!
    Track: Of course! I pre-track, track track, and then post track just for giggles.
    Calories: Yup and under.
    Exercise: Nope
    Water Intake: 72oz ish
This discussion has been closed.