TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Day/Goals: Today was deadlift day, as are all Thursdays. Crushed my workout.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No, well kinda. I was 15 calories over my goal, but looking at the bigger picture, my calorie output vs my intake really puts me in the clear. I'm over 1200 calories into a deficit when you factor in my activity level today and my very intense workout (when my goal is to be at a 1000 calorie deficit), but that's not really how I see it, even though that's the reality. In my mind, I missed my goal, but in my defense, today I was really hungry.
    Exercise: Yes, 62 minutes weight training, deadlifts, back, arms, and a little bit legs. REALLY crushed this workout, was really tired at the end, which is a good sign!
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @ssssanaaaa You know, I suffer from this thing where when I study I tend to get stupidly hungry, and I can't figure out if it's because on the days where I've been studying really hard I also tend to take a break and spend an hour and a half in the gym, like today and then all of the sudden, I'm just starving for no good reason, or it's because my brain is trying to keep me from focusing, either way, I totally get how hard it is to stay on track during weeks like that! But it sounds like you're doing pretty well and making an attempt to counteract the cravings. Awesome job!! Hopefully the scale cooperates!!

Lol and I thought it was just me!! I really really hope it does!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Here's some food for thought as we are headed toward our first weekend of our March Challenge.

One of the best things you can do for yourself is set goals and make plans on how to achieve those goals. Plans make the difference. Plan your food, your exercise and then execute the plan. When the plan goes a little off track, adapt and modify the plan, but keep heading toward your goals!!

Keep up the great work and keep positive!! We can do this!!

6kkv092wl5gs.jpg
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »

Lol and I thought it was just me!! I really really hope it does!

No ma'am, not just you. I have been working really hard this last week and a half or so on studying for a certification, and I swear, I only think about food, which I haven't had issues with since like August of last year. It's crazy! And quite honestly, also very irritating!!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily Post-
    Today, Thursday, was my rest day. I shouldn't have taken it because of the last few days on the roller coaster.On the positive I didn't eat a whole container of strawberry frosting. Maybe I won't be as sick tomorrow.
    Tracking Yes Including the whole Ghirardelli bar.
    Exercise Not much
    Calories Over
    Water Not enough

I will start over tomorrow.
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Here's some food for thought as we are headed toward our first weekend of our March Challenge.

One of the best things you can do for yourself is set goals and make plans on how to achieve those goals. Plans make the difference. Plan your food, your exercise and then execute the plan. When the plan goes a little off track, adapt and modify the plan, but keep heading toward your goals!!

Keep up the great work and keep positive!! We can do this!!

6kkv092wl5gs.jpg
    This is very true for me!! I have to get back to planning everything. Thank you for the reminder. I needed it!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes. Walking 30 min.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Week: March Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight:248
    Current Weight: 247.4
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday 3/8/2018
    I will be writing up most of my daily posts the following day. Most of my gym classes are in the evening, then I come home, have to eat and shower, have admin duties for a Facebook group and then I'm usually too exhausted to try to write something in here. Plus, I prefer to use a computer for MFP but my laptop died so trying to update on both facebook and MFP has been a pain for me lately Have to use my husband's computer when it is free.

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes, spin class. OMG....my legs were so sore from my workouts the day before. Still managed to get a decent sweat on.
    Water: a lot

Today (Friday) I have a step class in the evening. My favorite class. Patrick our intructor will be leaving us this month to start a job in a new gym. I'm so sad. He's been the best fitness instructor I've ever had. He also does our "Hot Iron" or "Bodypump" classes. Oh, and my legs are still super sore today. Love that feeling but looking forward to tomorrow, my rest day.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Day/Goals: Today was deadlift day, as are all Thursdays. Crushed my workout.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No, well kinda. I was 15 calories over my goal, but looking at the bigger picture, my calorie output vs my intake really puts me in the clear. I'm over 1200 calories into a deficit when you factor in my activity level today and my very intense workout (when my goal is to be at a 1000 calorie deficit), but that's not really how I see it, even though that's the reality. In my mind, I missed my goal, but in my defense, today I was really hungry.
    Exercise: Yes, 62 minutes weight training, deadlifts, back, arms, and a little bit legs. REALLY crushed this workout, was really tired at the end, which is a good sign!
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Some days you just need more food! Listen to your body, you totally crushed this day!! Great job!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Weigh in
    Previous Week's Weight:156.8
    Current Weight: 154.6
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    And I forgot to weigh myself this morning was a crazy morning. Mind if I weigh in tomorrow?

That's fine!
  • AB0215
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Weigh in
    Previous Week's Weight:156.8
    Current Weight: 154.6

You're on your way to your goal!! Great start!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    I heard a good one the other day.. "A goal without a plan is just a dream."

You're full of awesome quotes!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/08
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: yes

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post

So today is day five of the March challenge and I have to tell you it's been interesting so far but I'm staying positive. So for the last two days I have been in the ER wonderful awesome. . .NOT!!! So I fell down when trying to sit down and my office chair ouch! So I had to call EMS to come get me since I couldn't move after 3 hours so that's why I've been missing in action and they prescribed me two days of bed rest. So when I was asleep yesterday afternoon I came home fix me something to eat shower and went to sleep. I slept all the way until 7 this morning a good 16 hours of sleep after being up for the last 45 hours straight.

The important thing is is that I stay positive so that's what I'm doing my eating was wacko yesterday but I didn't over eat that's the main thing.

Today's track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 15 minutes of walking
    Water 100 oz I need to drink more

Oh no!!! I am so sorry! I hope you feel better pretty soon!!
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Previous Week's Weight: 209.0
    Current Weight: 207.8
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Username JJKM02
    Weigh in week - March Week 1