TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS that’s true! I never thought about Mondays like that. I guess there IS a good reason to like them. For a fresh start :)

Mini challenge March 12
    Exercise: yes, 30 min tabata, 30 min yoga
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Mar 12
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y, 34min walk + 20min strength training
  • primekayprime
    Options
    dopey520 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge Monday, March 12
    Logged Food: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes 1912/2180
    Exercise: Yes 3.5 mile walk/jog in 50 minutes.. super excited about this because within 7 weeks I'm under a 15 minute mile from a 21 minute mile when I started. Got in 18,989 steps today, work was busy lol

What impressive progress! Great job!
  • primekayprime
    Options
    Today I started my couch to 5k made it through day 1 round 1 with 42 min of activity and my Fitbit at 14,000 steps and counting

I'm doing a couch to 5k as well! I start Week 3 tomorrow. I never thought I would be a person who likes running (well, in my case jogging) but it is growing on me! Which app do you use? I am doing Zombies Run! The story is entertaining!

(Funny aside: I told my mom about the app and she just didn't understand the concept. She says zombies aren't real so what am I running from? Then she asked why didn't the developers make the app called Dogs Run! She stated that she is more likely to run from a dog than a zombie lol. I get my pragmatism from her.)
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh-in week: march week 1
    Last week's weight: 246.00lbs
    Today's weight: 242.50lbs
    Weekly Loss 3.5lbs; 1.42%

Feeling good at the min :)

You mean killing it atm! Great job! Way to bounce back!

ahhh thanks!!! lovely thing to say :) xx
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Guys - Just seen the team results for the last week!!! WOW!!! Well done guys we smashed it :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Today I started my couch to 5k made it through day 1 round 1 with 42 min of activity and my Fitbit at 14,000 steps and counting

I'm doing a couch to 5k as well! I start Week 3 tomorrow. I never thought I would be a person who likes running (well, in my case jogging) but it is growing on me! Which app do you use? I am doing Zombies Run! The story is entertaining!

(Funny aside: I told my mom about the app and she just didn't understand the concept. She says zombies aren't real so what am I running from? Then she asked why didn't the developers make the app called Dogs Run! She stated that she is more likely to run from a dog than a zombie lol. I get my pragmatism from her.)

Okay, that made me laugh a little....your mom wants to be really terrified for her life if she is going to run, apparently!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: March Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 223
    Current Weight: 221

The walking and eating at a deficit is definitely working....another two pounds!! Fantastic!!

No doubt the stress of the ‘big day’ is a contributing factor, but hopefully this is something I can maintain.
    I have a goal to wear a particular dress this Christmas Day. I last wore it in 2012 (before my last kid) and brang it with me to Australia when we moved. I’ve decided either I wear it this Christmas or I get rid of it...and I really want to keep it :wink:

I like your goal dress idea. I have one of my own. I bought a dress at an outlet store in September that was probably two sizes too small. My goal was to wear it at Easter, and if I had continued with my weight loss since December, instead of reversing the trend, I would have, probably, been able to. I am just now thinking about when I could wear it next...if I lose the weight. My son is best man for his buddy who is getting married in early September. We won't be invited to the wedding (there is a lot of family on both sides), but I would love to go to the ceremony. I could wear it there. So, just over 5 months to lose, I don't know, 20 pounds? There. I have put it in writing!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    3/12:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise- yes, lots of house cleaning today!

Not the "fun" kind of exercise, but the kind that leaves you with a clean house, so the "win/win" kind of exercise!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mar. 12

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes (10,343 steps, 57 active minutes)

Very encouraging to see these posts from you!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Exercise: Yes 3.5 mile walk/jog in 50 minutes.. super excited about this because within 7 weeks I'm under a 15 minute mile from a 21 minute mile when I started. Got in 18,989 steps today, work was busy lol

Setting new PB's when it comes to walking or running is so exciting, and keeps you coming back for more!!! A six minute improvement in seven weeks....very impressive!!
  • dopey520
    dopey520 Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Setting new PB's when it comes to walking or running is so exciting, and keeps you coming back for more!!! A six minute improvement in seven weeks....very impressive!!

Last year when I started to try to get back into shape I never joined the gym so I was doing most of my cardio outside, which lead to me injuring my knee, then my ankle, and aggravating my back so the doctor told me no more running.

This time around I only get on the treadmill once or sometimes twice a week, but have the flexibility of the elliptical, stationary bike, or even rows for cardio. The different options have helped my body recover between each running session but still maintain and gain stamina in the process.

Taking my time to get back into everything is working great, have to keep the mindset and understanding that I did not gain all this weight in a month so therefore I am not going to lose it in a month either. It stops me from getting frustrated or discouraged.

• 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes, 30 min on treadmill
    Within calories - yes
    logged - yes
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Calories Yes under
    Tracking Yes
    Exercise Yes 4 Mile Walk
    Steps 18,116
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Last year when I started to try to get back into shape I never joined the gym so I was doing most of my cardio outside, which lead to me injuring my knee, then my ankle, and aggravating my back so the doctor told me no more running.

This time around I only get on the treadmill once or sometimes twice a week, but have the flexibility of the elliptical, stationary bike, or even rows for cardio. The different options have helped my body recover between each running session but still maintain and gain stamina in the process.

Taking my time to get back into everything is working great, have to keep the mindset and understanding that I did not gain all this weight in a month so therefore I am not going to lose it in a month either. It stops me from getting frustrated or discouraged.

I am glad you didn't listen to your doctor about the running. In my experience, it is just too easy for them to say, "stop running" rather than suggest you do all the right things that can help you get back into running. There is strength training, stretching, modifying frequency of runs, duration of runs, running surface, changing your running shoes, etc. Sometimes it is a long process, and not worth it to the would be runner, but very few people should not run because of injury. I am not saying don't let the injury heal, of course, just that it shouldn't stop you forever if you don't want it to.
  • dopey520
    dopey520 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is amazing what good shoes and a more forgiving surface than concrete does but the stretching and strength training my legs this last year have helped tremendously... But I'll just keep eating into it and steady increase to prevent any injury like before. :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Passed about last night for got to post 3/12

Exercised: yep!
    Tracked: yep!
    Under: yep!

As long as you date it for me, you can post whenever. That goes for everyone!!
  • VintageGeek42
    VintageGeek42 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Passed about last night for got to post 3/12

Exercised: yep!
    Tracked: yep!
    Under: yep!

Hope your ok now..
This discussion has been closed.