Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »
    WOOHOO!!!! That's AWESOME!!!
    I am hoping to get back into lifting sometime this year!! Go you!! That's fantastic!

I encourage everyone to lift. There are sooooo many benefits, and no, women will not "bulk up"...it's not really possible without the aide of chemical substances., but I'm sure you knew that! You can however, look more defined and "stong" which I think looks awesome!

I am considering a competition. I can list a lot more than most women my age and I've been training towards that idea and it's going really well. I think next week I will be testing my max again to see how it's coming along.

I need to get a better handle on my food lately, while I've been in my calorie allotments, it must be a bit high if I am attempting to lose "weight" so I just redid my numbers yesterday and I am dipping a bit lower, and that got my attention, for the first time in a while, I felt hungry lol.

Yes, I used to use the Stronglifts 5x5 program. And if I get back into lifting, I will go back to that. It was perfect for me. I added other exercises to it when I wanted to, but I always felt challenged, never felt bored, and I could see muscle definition results fairly quickly. I felt amazing! I remember seeing this one muscle in my arm, I swear I sat at my desk and just flexed and twisted my arm over and over and over, for like an hour. hahahaha I was like "hey! I didn't even know that was there!!!" I didn't lose weight when I lifted, but I was losing inches. My core was tighter, my back was more defined, my arms were getting definition, my legs were getting smaller. It was awesome.
    And I totally felt like a beast..... when I benched my 55 lbs. :D:D:D HAHAHAHAHA
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

Yes, I used to use the Stronglifts 5x5 program. And if I get back into lifting, I will go back to that. It was perfect for me. I added other exercises to it when I wanted to, but I always felt challenged, never felt bored, and I could see muscle definition results fairly quickly. I felt amazing! I remember seeing this one muscle in my arm, I swear I sat at my desk and just flexed and twisted my arm over and over and over, for like an hour. hahahaha I was like "hey! I didn't even know that was there!!!" I didn't lose weight when I lifted, but I was losing inches. My core was tighter, my back was more defined, my arms were getting definition, my legs were getting smaller. It was awesome.
    And I totally felt like a beast..... when I benched my 55 lbs. :D:D:D HAHAHAHAHA

That last part actually made me LOL--like for real. The 55lb bench press. The seeing a muscle you didn't know was there---made me laugh too. I have totally been there...and recently I might add.

Stronglifts 5x5 is actually a really great beginner program, well it's pretty great in general, beginner or not, depending on your goals. 5x5 is a great tool for building strength and gives you enough reps to really master the exercise. You should get back to it! Weight lifting is like my favorite thing to do, and I had no idea 2 years ago when I rolled my eyes at my trainer that I'd turn into what I've turned into..
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Monday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 60 minutes of pound class
    Water about 100 oz

I hate to admit it, but I think that I actually like pound class! Haha! It is a hard workout and I feel so accomplished after the class is over. Now I look forward to the next one. I am shocked!! I have been enjoying going to the pool for the past eight months and pound class was a secondary workout....it might be almost as enjoyable as aquafit now. I never imagined that I would say that!!!
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 & @Fyreside

I had my reservations about Fitbit. My friend had a first generation one and it gave her a horrible chemical burn. This will actually be my third tracker. I had a misfit which I loved since it was in necklace form and didn’t impede my volleyball. Sadly it smashed in the tailgate of my trunk. Then I had a striiv (cheap) which sucked. I guess you get what you paid for. I bought the Fitbit charge 2 today and although I’m still learning, it’s pretty good. Unfortunately I bought it after my workout. I will see how it syncs tomorrow during weight class. I have heard awesome things about the garmin. If the Fitbit doesn’t meet my needs that might be my next step.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under. Treated myself to a small bag of salt and vinegar chips (my face).
    Exercise. 1 hour step class
    Water. 80 ounces

**Day 2 of my detox. Still weird belly sounds
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily Post-Monday
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes Under
    Exercise Yes stair climbing
    Water Yes But not enough
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 30 mins light weight workout
    Water Intake: 99 oz

Day/Goals: As part of my goal to go to the gym 5 days a week, and I'm still sore from yesterday, did a light workout, turned out to be harder than I imagined. 50 Romanian Deadlifts, 40 Back Squats, 30 Bent Over Rows, 20 Thrusters, 10 Push-Press, all with a 55 lb barbell.. The real kicker was the 5 walkouts every minute on the minute. My trainer suggested it and the challenge part was that it was supposed to be done in 14 mins. NOPE. That didn't happen, but I finished it, in 19 minutes. I decided I was going to finish it, even if it wasn't in 14 mins, maybe the next time I try it, I'll be faster...
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    love the HR charts. In fact, my HR monitor is probably one of the best things I've bought towards my fitness aspirations. Here is my yesterday.
    c61d5c28f63b0bbc92ec0a7f180fa262.png

@jennfalzon1979 Ahh groovy, sounds like you have plenty of tracker experience. I'm sure the Charge2 will serve you well. Enjoy. :)
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So I sabotaged myself after spin class last night. I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to control myself when I am cleaning up the kitchen at night. Does anyone have any tips for me so that I can avoid ruining my whole day in 5 minutes?
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    So I sabotaged myself after spin class last night. I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to control myself when I am cleaning up the kitchen at night. Does anyone have any tips for me so that I can avoid ruining my whole day in 5 minutes?

Soon as you feel like you want a snack, go grab a tall full glass of water. That will keep you full for a bit. When that stops working, you can go brush your teeth (always works for me) or have another glass of water. If you still want a snack, you might be too full to do too much damage. But still have enough to satisfy the craving. :)
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options

I know not everyone's teeth are up to it, but in addition to the glass of water idea, I sometimes just crunch away on ice cubes. It's really the same as a glass of water but more eaty...
    My only other suggestion is don't clean the kitchen. Is there anyone else you can make clean it? Or can it wait till breakfast?
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: March Week 3
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 268.5
    Today's Weight: 267

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    I've found that if I stay home and don't go anywhere, that I do better with diet and exercise. Unfortunately, I'm not a homebody.

Monday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Calories: No
    Exercise: About half of normal.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Track. YES!
    Calories. UNDER!
    Exercise. NO, in the process of moving (packing (YUCK) is taking up all my extra time)
    Water. 70+ ozs
  • 99hockeymom
    99hockeymom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    back on track!
    Calories--under
    Exercise--some, starting back up with c25k. I've started and quit three times... gotta finish!
    Water--96 oz
  • AB0215
    edited March 2018
    Options

I tend to do snack or want to snack a lot when I'm studying or playing a game so I tend to grab some pickle spears or cut up a cucumber and get a little bit of ranch to dip it. Both of those are low carb and low calorie options and give you a sense that you're snacking but without all the calories. So maybe you get a bowl or something and put the things you CAN eat in it while you're cleaning, or do what I do and don't clean the kitchen until the next morning. I only clean my kitchen at breakfast time, I just put things away during the day that I use, but I only full on clean it at breakfast time.

@Fyreside I don't know how people eat ice, my husband does and I just don't get it...I also can't eat ice cream like him either so I guess my teeth are just too sensitive lol.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Monday:
    back on track!
    Calories--under
    Exercise--some, starting back up with c25k. I've started and quit three times... gotta finish!
    Water--96 oz

You got this!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/19
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Water: Yes

:)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    Heads up...I'll be camping this weekend and I'm pretty sure my phone won't work up there. So I won't be doing a daily post on Saturday or Sunday nor will I weight in on Saturday. I will on Monday instead. OK? On the plus side, I'll be bring healthy foods so I won't be over eating and we'll be getting in lots of exercise!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    I agree with Fyreside about the Garmin vs the fitbit. I love my vivosmart 2! Customer service is excellent as well for Garmin.

Daily post Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: I will definitely be under since I am going to spin class tonight!
    Exercise: Spin class
    Water: by 11:00 I am already at 64 oz.

Feeling very positive and sending those vibes to my team members!

Positivity is the way to go and we find ourselves most productive as well.
This discussion has been closed.