• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Stormy - Washington State, Medical Lake
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    rae1388 wrote: »
    Just curious, where is everyone located? I'm in Minnesota. :)

London Ontario Canada
  • char1iej
    char1iej Posts: 36 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just found this forum and the April Challenge. I'm in...if it's not too late. I started keto last Wednesday (3/28). I weighted 242.6 that morning. BTW, I'm from North Carolina. :smiley:

Am I one of only a couple guys doing this:grey_question:

Sunday 04/01 = 238
    Sunday 04/08
    Sunday 04/15
    Sunday 04/22
    Sunday 04/29
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    at least we are two of them :#

btw, i am from Salzburg, Austria
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 @NikkiJMR How's the not tracking/logging/weighing going? I'm okay but I'm sticking random stuff in my diary as I still want to have a log of the number of days I've been going, if that makes sense! Also I'd lost some weight this morning as not weighing myself daily is NOT going to happen! The weight, by the way, will be up again tomorrow as at a cheese and wine event this evening............. >:) Still, a few days till Sunday!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    WELCOME ALL!!!

@Shelbeees ONDERLAND!! That's awesome!!

@chinatowninchina @stormywxs288 No log challenge is working for me. Although to be honest I usually log just so I can be sure I'm not going over on carbs, since this week I'm only eating lean meats, there's no danger of that. Mr Nikki has done TWO FULL days with me. He's shocked at how much weight is falling off and how fast. He seems really determined, so we'll see. Only having to cook 1 dinner has been fantastic!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @China, @Nikki: My Intuitive Eating week is going well. I’m in week 13 of keto and I’ve been doing all of the food prep for my wife and myself. So, I’m in complete control except for things like Easter Brunch. As of this morning I’m still 0.2 pounds up from my last Sunday weigh in. I anticipate by tomorrow I’ll be back in the loss column. We’ve got 5 more days until Sunday so no worries.

Although we’re relatively new to keto (13 weeks), I think I’ve developed some solid go to menus that fit our marcros and our lifestyle well. Our goal is to try to make this our lifestyle instead of a “DIET”. Like I’ve said before, I’m not quite confident enough to let go of logging for more than a week yet. This week will be a great experiment for me. I think my next experiment will be No Weighing and No logging for a week. Lets see how this week goes first.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    SW: 183
    CW: 178

Sunday 04/01=180
    Sunday 04/08
    Sunday 04/15
    Sunday 04/22
    Sunday 04/29

I just came back from a road trip and was not able to eat Keto, so it'll be interesting to see how much i gained. Back to business now and will have to learn how to adapt to keto when i'm in less than ideal circumstances.
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Ohio!
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options

NewBrunswick, Canada
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    New here and excited to start this keto journey. Today is day 1! If there are tips and tricks for folks who travel a lot for work...I'll take them. I started a new job 1yr ago and the stress eating has me at my highest weight EVER!! UGH!! But...no sence in wishing it didnt happen...time to get my $h¡t in gear and fix it

Welcome @CountryRoads89 ...and you can do it!!! :):)
  • rae1388
    rae1388 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's so cool to see how wide spread we all are. :)

This is what's for dinner in our household tonight, it's one of our favorites, so I thought I would share the recipe. I add mushrooms and serve with a side of sauteed asparagus. Enjoy! :smiley:

https://therecipecritic.com/2016/05/creamy-tuscan-garlic-chicken/

P.S. obviously you don't add the optional noodles.
    4 days down, 26 to go!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot, I'm a NYer living in NJ. It may explain the sassiness.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's so cool to see how wide spread we all are. :)

This is what's for dinner in our household tonight, it's one of our favorites, so I thought I would share the recipe. I add mushrooms and serve with a side of sauteed asparagus. Enjoy! :smiley:

https://therecipecritic.com/2016/05/creamy-tuscan-garlic-chicken/

P.S. obviously you don't add the optional noodles.
    4 days down, 26 to go!

Thanks for sharing this! I think my kids will like it, so I'll be trying it soon!
  • rae1388
    Options
    Does anyone also keep and eye on their % body fat number on their scale along with the weight number?
    I think that along with tracking my overall weight, I'm going to keep track of the body fat % because even though I might see the same weight number, the fat % might be less, meaning I lost fat but gained muscle.
  • rae1388
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! I think my kids will like it, so I'll be trying it soon!

You're very welcome! :smiley:
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    oh I forgot to put this, I'm from the UK! Scottish but live in England!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been binge watching Dr. Eric Berg videos all afternoon. I felt my weight was stalling and I wanted to know why. These videos are super helpful. If you feel like Keto is slipping away from you or you just want to know more of the "How and Why" of Keto & Insulin, I suggest these videos. I think I had a bit of an Atkins mentality and was possibly consuming too much protein. I'm almost sure I suffer from a slow metabolism and he gives a straight up guide to fixing that, called... wait for it, "How to Fix a Slow Metabolism." I watch or read something every day about eating Keto. It's like my devotional.