how many calories do you eat a day?

15678911»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I have my goal set to 1900 a day to maintain my weight but I often go over closer to 2000. I just switched to maintain (actively) so we will see in a few weeks if its the right amount of calories. I also work out 5 days a week and don’t log any exercise calories
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    MFP has me that I should be eating about 1350 a day and I try my best to not go over
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    I eat about 1200 calories per day per MFP and my weight fluctuates between 116-118 lbs, I'm 42 yrs old and 5'4". I would love to get back to where I used to be at when I was in my mid 30's, which was around 111-112 lbs, but it seems impossible.
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    I'm 145 at 5'4. I have an athletic build as well. I'm moderately active, running 2x a week, cycling 4x a week and walking.

However, I always put my activity level at none and ask to lose weight. Most calculators put me at 1200ish calories a day, sometimes 1100. I don't eat back my exercise calories ever and I maintain at this low level. Kinda sucks. If I go above, I gain.
  • donotfear
    donotfear Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm trying to lose about 25 lbs. I weigh the most I've ever weighed, at 153. More than when i was pregnant. I'm about to turn 60 and it's all in my gut and thighs. Ideal weight for me is 125. I'm going for 1200 a day
  • Sabreekoonce
    Sabreekoonce Posts: 15 Member
    I am 5'6" and currently weigh 145 pounds. My goal is 130 pounds. I am a server and tend to be on my feet for 6-8 hours a day plus I go to the gym 3 times a week for weights and go for evening walks whenever I feel like it. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue so some days are better than others. My caloric goal is between 1400-1600 any given day. I find that I struggle with going any lower and if I go any higher I feel bloated.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, since I posted, I became one of "those" people - losing weight for a "special" event.

In my case, it dawned on me that my 40th birthday is coming up. For some reason I do NOT want to turn 40 feeling fat. I also realized if I cracked down on my eating, I could get to my "first stop" goal weight (or really, really close to it) by my birthday. It would be at the maximum "safe" loss rate (1% of BW/week), but still in that zone.

That was the kick in the pants I needed apparently. Been losing fairly steadily since, and am on track to hit the first stop weight 4 days after my birthday. Still lifting as I want to preserve as much muscle and strength (especially) as I can, still have been able to increase several of my lifts this week.
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    1200 a day in net calories, but I'm so close to goal weight that it seems to take forever. I try to exercise 3-4 days a week, so i have a bit of wriggle room in terms of eating. At 1200cals it can be tricky not to get a bit grumpy sometimes.

at this point it takes me two weeks of total discipline in order to lose a single kilo. Needless to say I'm not always that disciplined. :-)
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    shroodle88 wrote: »
    1200 a day in net calories, but I'm so close to goal weight that it seems to take forever. I try to exercise 3-4 days a week, so i have a bit of wriggle room in terms of eating. At 1200cals it can be tricky not to get a bit grumpy sometimes.

at this point it takes me two weeks of total discipline in order to lose a single kilo. Needless to say I'm not always that disciplined. :-)

A kill per two weeks is great! I'm going off the assumption that you are not that heavy since posting in this group. I was worried I couldn't be that disciplined so I aimed for .5lb per week aka <.5 kilos per two weeks and boy did that feel like molasses especially when the scale went through wrong direction......
    While moving at a snail's pace can be frustrating, it does have the positive of having time to build good habits and prepare for the next stage.