Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci Thanks! tomorrow is race day and I haven't run since Tuesday b/c my throat has been on fire and my sinuses are killing me. I'll push through tomorrow but I honestly wish I felt better. Here's to trying, right??!!

How did it go?
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Slobadobb wrote: »
    W1d1 here. Starting again as I have a 5k next month and I probably need to start training for it. Hoo boyyyy

I need to commit to running again.
    :neutral:
  • Slobadobb
    Slobadobb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I completed w1d1. Felt easier than I remember. Probably because I had been using zombies run on and off, but that totally kicked my *kitten*. Just didn't get on with it and the talking while running was a distraction so I stopped.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I’ve been a member of this group for I don’t know how long but have never posted lol! Looks like it’s still active?

I’m doing c25k (again) and I just did week 4 day 3 last night! It’s taking me longer than it should bc I’m actually only doing it 2x a week, lifting 3 days.

It’s harder than it has been in the past but I also have been sitting on my butt for the last 6 years at my job with little to no activity, so there’s that. Going into week 4 was a huge jump for me and I had to modify it and shorten the 5 min intervals to 4 min, before doing week 4 the way you’re supposed to. I’m nervous about starting week 5!
  • walterkirklin
    walterkirklin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I forgot I joined this group. I forgot about MFPs groups all together. Well here I am, W3D2. Probably going to do this one for two weeks to build a foundation. I am working toward the Courage Triathlon (Run, Bike, Paddle) in August.
    Just remember my fellow C25K folk, you are faster than everyone sitting on the couch!
  • sherisse5
    sherisse5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have completed c25k in a treadmill. Just recently ran my first 5k outdoors, only to discover that outdoor running is quite different. I struggled to do it. So I'm starting the program again. Only outside this time. Wish me luck!
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    sherisse5 wrote: »
    I have completed c25k in a treadmill. Just recently ran my first 5k outdoors, only to discover that outdoor running is quite different. I struggled to do it. So I'm starting the program again. Only outside this time. Wish me luck!

I completed the program on a treadmill too. Can't run a full 5k outdoors yet. It is much different. I can't pace myself like I can on a treadmill. I need to start the app over again.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    sherisse5 wrote: »

Congratulations on your first 5k race! For me the program was just a start and running 5k took a little longer.
  • Lithinissi
    Lithinissi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nice I see this thread is still active! This is my second time doing c25k. Did week one day 3 today! Feels good. Can't wait for week 5 lol
  • Amerikanka5
    Amerikanka5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 here! I successfully completed it but I now realize I need new shoes.
  • Amerikanka5
    Amerikanka5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 complete!
  • Jedi_Jo
    Jedi_Jo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Week 3, run 3 completed!

• Jedi_Jo
    Options
    Week 4, run 1 completed (last night).

I was really apprehensive about starting week 4. I felt so happy that I managed to do it.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Jedi_Jo wrote: »

I was really apprehensive about starting week 4. I felt so happy that I managed to do it.

Well done! Just trust the process... you can do it! :smile:
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I used to run a LOT... but stopped.
    I'm trying to figure out how to get back on the wagon now, and want to ease back into it with a treadmill walk/run to get a fair view of just how much cardio I've lost.

I want to do a walking warm up.... and start a slow run on the treadmill to see how many minutes I can run for before I need (or really want!) a break.
    I'm hoping this will place me somewhere on the couch to 5k chart so that I can consistently, slowly and safely build my strength and endurance back up again.

Does this sound logical/reasonable??
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    nicruns wrote: »
    I used to run a LOT... but stopped.
    I'm trying to figure out how to get back on the wagon now, and want to ease back into it with a treadmill walk/run to get a fair view of just how much cardio I've lost.

I want to do a walking warm up.... and start a slow run on the treadmill to see how many minutes I can run for before I need (or really want!) a break.
    I'm hoping this will place me somewhere on the couch to 5k chart so that I can consistently, slowly and safely build my strength and endurance back up again.

Does this sound logical/reasonable??

Yes, sounds reasonable! Good luck and keep us posted.
  • nicruns
    Options
    it happened -- and I don't regret it.
    5 min walk to warm up
    4 min slow steady jog...
    1 min walk
    4 min jog
    1 min walk
    4 min jog
    1 min walk
    & since i was feeling good: 5 min jog
    5 min cooldown

and so far, I'm happy!
  • Jedi_Jo
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Jedi_Jo wrote: »

Well done! Just trust the process... you can do it! :smile:

Thank you.

Week 4 completed last night.
  • nicruns
    Options
    TERRIBLE question-- but are you using an app?? Or working off a training plan on a website??
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    nicruns wrote: »
    TERRIBLE question-- but are you using an app?? Or working off a training plan on a website??

I used the RunDouble app