JUNE MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess
    WOW! You made us wait for it, but it was worth it! You look AH-MAZING!! I had to check myself when I saw your post, because I was in ridiculous mode this weekend. You re-inspired me! Thank you!!!
  • bbasinge
    bbasinge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Up 0.5 lbs from the last day of May, but I'm not too worried about that. I just came back from a weekend visit to family in Colorado and, while I was a little heavier than usual on carbs (~50-60g/day), I survived a lot of eating out, two street festivals, and the ice cream shop my brother owns and still stayed close to on track while having a ton of fun. My body fat percentage went down enough to indicate I'm still dropping fat but put on some lean weight. That's probably water due to the higher than usual carbs, and/or that time of the month, and/or the cold that I picked up over the weekend. So I'm pretty confident that water weight will drop right back off and next week's number will be back on track.

So I'd say I had a pretty successful weekend!

SW 01/01/18: 235
    started keto 05/21/18: 222
    GW for end of June: 200

Thursday 05/31: 214
    Monday 06/04: 214.5 (+0.5)
    Sunday 06/10
    Sunday 06/17
    Sunday 06/24
    Sunday 07/01
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @NikkiJRM
    I have two words for you Nikki: Cha Cha! It is all part of the dance isn’t it. I can relate to your week, I had a five+ pound gain this week. Before I met you and other “big picture” people on this thread I would have viewed a large gain like that an epic fail. I would have been too embarrassed to own it and I would have quit this thread, keto and mfp. Next January I would start yet another yo-yo program and set myself up for another cycle of failure for 2019.

Not now! Quote Nikki,“Heart Disease and Diabetes have no place in my future.” That and other big picture things are now my focus. My memory, hair, skin, nails, mood and other NSVs replaced my weight goals. I’m not saying weight is not important to me. You know I weigh myself at least once a day and I probably will continue that OCD behavior for the rest of my life. However, you and others have convinced me my hourly/daily/weekly weight checks are not the top priority.

I have not set any weight goals for June. I’m going to set performance goals instead. Goals like doing keto, following this forum and improving my cha cha skills for the rest of 2018.

• CynfulHedonist
    CynfulHedonist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? I didn't start keto until Wednesday, May 30th (after I got back from 4 days binging in Vegas) and jumped right in. I'd like some accountability as I'm starting out.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @CynfulHedonist how funny just replied to your post in the daily check in! No it's never too late and take that as a metaphor for life and certainly Keto Life! Welcome to the Monthly Challenge! <3
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

My plan is to go back to the basics for the rest of this week and get on the scale on Sunday... if I don’t come back next week to post my stats, someone please call me out.

If I don't see a post from you by Monday afternoon, I'm tagging you. :#

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    Ok... I’m in... again!

I started out in December in the low 160’s. After the Christmas disaster, I committed to getting back on track in January and I was in the low 170s... I managed to get back to the mid 160’s and life continued to happen with stress at work, a husband and kids who resist my keto efforts but don’t cook or grocery shop, and then, an untimely death in the family just sent me spiraling downward...

...or should I say upward? I’m currently approaching my all time high somewhere in the 180’s (I haven’t been on the scale since I first saw 182 a few weeks ago and now I am too afraid to look)...

My plan is to go back to the basics for the rest of this week and get on the scale on Sunday... if I don’t come back next week to post my stats, someone please call me out. I have no support in real life so I need all of the cyber help I can get!

oh boy I know that one, the hideous I can't get on the scales to look syndrome! So gird up your loins and get on those scales because actually no matter where they are you maybe just need to know as a start to coming down. Good luck this week and great to say how things have gone for you, we've all done that, been there bought the tee shirt (larger size!) etc!
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've hit a wall. I can't seem to break the 160 mark! :s I've been here for a month. Has anyone had a successful experience breaking a plateau? I'd sure like to know what worked for you.

Keto Jan SW: 175
    Current Weight: 160
    June Goal: 157
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday 06/03: 160
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @NikkiJRM said, "Who else has/had a gym membership? What do you like/not like about it?"

I don’t have a gym membership, but I do workout daily with a few of my friends and relatives at the school I used to teach at. We hold each other accountable. The truth be told we are afraid not to show up because we know we will be the topic of conversation if we aren’t there to defend ourselves.

I’m just kidding about that (kind of???). The fact is, when we don’t show up or make a lame excuse, we know we will have to eventually justify our absence. I actually look forward to our exercise group each day because it is more than just the physical exercise for me. I get to be with my daughters, see some of my fellow x-coworkers and stay up on all the gossip I would have missed if I had just quit work with no ties left to the school.

Our youngest (my twin daughters) are 45 and our oldest is 69. We do an internet, no joke exercise routine each weekday. We have different instructors and routines daily. We work on flexibility, balance, range of motion, coordination and total body fitness over the course of each week. And we also do the typical strength and cardio stuff.

There are days when I have to drag myself there and there are days when I use it as an excuse to get out of mowing the lawn. In general, it is a practice that I’m proud to say, I’ve been doing now for over 10 years. As the epitome of Mr. Yo-Yo, I’ve done it when I weighed over 210 and I’ve done it when I weighed less than 150.

That said, I think I can safely say, my exercise group has NOT been a magic pill for my weight loss journey. However, it has most likely kept me from having a heart attack and has made a huge contribution to my sanity.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »

Who else has/had a gym membership? What do you like/not like about it?

I go to a place that offers bootcamp classes - I like the variety and the people I work out with, but the intensity varies by instructor and sometimes I do want a straight weight workout.
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess Oh My Gorgeous!!!
    You are ahhhmazing! Congratulations! Thank you so much for posting and being such an awesome inspiration!
    My ultimate goal is to lose 110 lbs. Let's go keto!
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    January 1: 266

June 1: 222.1
    Sunday 6/3: 228.6
    Sunday 6/10:
    Sunday 6/17:
    Sunday 6/24:
    Friday 6/30:

Goal weight: 212

My goal of sticking with right eating while at the funeral didn't really go as planned. I know that most of this is going to quickly disappear but it is still disappointing. Congratulations to those who have had both NSV's and great results.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Ok, so I've hit a wall. I can't seem to break the 160 mark! :s I've been here for a month. Has anyone had a successful experience breaking a plateau? I'd sure like to know what worked for you.

Keto Jan SW: 175
    Current Weight: 160
    June Goal: 157
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday 06/03: 160
    Sunday 06/10:
    Sunday 06/17:
    Sunday 06/24

Have you rechecked your macros/calories as you've lost weight? It may just be that a few days of doing a few less calories will kick start you again. Not that I'm advocating that for a long time but I know when I'm stuck (not the times I truly deserve to be stuck!!) I can eat less for a few days and I'll drop and then if I'm luck it will become my new 'set point' and there I will stay for a while. However as we all know we are all different!!